Hey hey just a shout out. & 'kyushukyuhai'

Whatever you want to share with your RM.com friends! Chat away!

Moderator: Shirluban

Live
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Hey hey just a shout out. & 'kyushukyuhai'

Post by Live » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:10 am

HotelFSR wrote:Are you used to playing against the computer? That could explain it- SO much harder playing against real opponents.
No, i started to play online on tenhou and then transferred on JanRyuMon. What\'s weird is that for a whole month i got good results (1-2° place) and then now seems like i can\'t get those results again... even though my attack improved.
:(

Live
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Live » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Lol, for the series \"impossible is nothing\"
in the same game i saw TWO chan kan almost in a row.
Wow :D

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:49 pm

That is a good one!! :laugh:

I´ve only ever made Chan Kan twice.

On the Tenhou stats it´s listed as only occuring in 0.06 per cent of winning hands!

Live
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Live » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:51 am

what\'s funny it\'s that i won the first one vs the 4th player; then i paid the second one at the 2nd player.
Seems like i\'m loved by crazy games. Multiple rinshan kaihou, multiple chan kan, multiple redeals... lol.

kylone
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by kylone » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:43 am

You know, I almost think you had a brief visit to the Saki universe...

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:14 am

Live wrote:No, i started to play online on tenhou and then transferred on JanRyuMon. What\'s weird is that for a whole month i got good results (1-2° place) and then now seems like i can\'t get those results again... even though my attack improved.
:(
I\'m quite late on this, but back in late August or so, I quit Jan Ryu Mon after noticing a highly suspicious trend of a few of my opponents having the most ridiculous luck, plus one particular guy who had the most ridiculous stats at the top of several leaderboards. I suspect somebody may have discovered some kind of an exploit, perhaps to get the order of the tiles left in the wall before they\'re drawn - a long time ago, Tenhou used to have an exploit that made it possible to do this, though they\'ve since patched it up. This would certainly explain stuff like that riichi + ippatsu menzen + tsumo on a tanki wait I saw.

Then there\'s the possibility that a group of players started trying to collude - on one occasion, I had two opponents who kept calling pon on each other\'s discards, and they had the EXACT SAME AVATAR.

Those I think are the two most plausible explanations, because the third most plausible one I can think of is that the aforementioned suspicious player is Amae Koromo and some attempts to clone her went horribly askew.

Zi Rong Low
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: Hey hey just a shout out. & 'kyushukyuhai'

Post by Zi Rong Low » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:04 pm

For the "Kyuushuu Kyuuhai" issue, I was always baffled as to why anybody would declare that. Being that they had 9 unique Terminals/Honors from their first 14 tiles, they'd be in an extremely good position to aim for Kokushi Musou!