[Montreal (QC), Canada] 1st North American Riichi Open

News and discussion on tournaments been and gone.

Moderator: Shirluban

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

[Montreal (QC), Canada] 1st North American Riichi Open

Post by Senechal » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:33 am

Welcome to all,

I am proud to present to you the 1st North American Riichi Open that will be held in Montreal!

Date: June 13 and 14, 2015.
Time: 09:00 to 17:30, Saturday and Sunday.
Address: 3800, Sherbrooke Street East, Montréal (Québec) H1X 2A2
Format: 8 hanchan of 90 minutes.
Rules: Japanese Mahjong, competitive ari-ari style. More details below.
Registration: By e-mail, at tournoi2015@riichi.ca and responding to the provided registration form.
Cost: $40 (about 32 USD), paid in advance at the club or by Paypal.

==========
DETAILS

The tournament will consist of an 8-game competition (hanchan, 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday) and registration is open to all. It will be held at the "Collège Maisonneuve" (3800, rue Sherbrooke Est (métro station Pie-IX)) and the registration cost is 40 $, with two lunches included.

The number of registrations is limited to 32 for the moment. We wish to welcome all participants from Montreal, from Canada, from the United States and beyond.

INFORMATION
To contact the organization: tournoi2015@riichi.ca
Accepted payments: Either in cash during a club meet or by Paypal in advance. Please contact us before paying. Registration is open until May 18.
Location: 3800, Sherbrooke Street East, Montréal, QC -- https://www.google.com/maps/dir//45.551 ... 547382,17z Entrance on de Bourbonnière -- Métro station Pie-IX

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: [Montreal (QC), Canada] 1st North American Riichi Open

Post by Senechal » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Registrations are proceeding, maybe at a slightly slower pace than originally anticipated, but still definitely good.

I have had some American players ask me about coming. I'm posting this as a quick reminder: American participants who want to come do need to have a passport (or a WHTI-compliant EDL or ENDID... if you don't know what they are). Given the time it takes to have passports done, it is important to act soon if you wish to come to Canada to play.

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: [Montreal (QC), Canada] 1st North American Riichi Open

Post by Senechal » Tue May 12, 2015 12:48 am

We're up to 5 paid places, 11 solid registrations. Add the locals that will sign up in the coming weeks, and it's looking good. A sizeable American contingent is coming to Montreal: all that's missing is you :)