Sites list

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

carl
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Sites list

Post by carl » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:31 am

i was finally able to register for toupai ou with a myway email account. hotmail, yahoo, gmail, graffiti,and my att.net account wouldnt work for some reason. but now i have another question: is there a file size/format restriction for the avatars? i really cant stand the default ones, and most of the text on the lobby just shows up as question marks and i cant tell for myself. thanks.

anbujustin
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by anbujustin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:27 am

I dont know about the file size since i havent really changed my avatar on there. As for the question marks, I think its a text issue where you would need to download and install the japanese font in your computer I believe I have the same issue but since I cant read japanese anyway I didnt bother.

HotelFSR
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by HotelFSR » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:35 am

Yeah, you need to download Japanese fonts then set them up in control panel.

There is no restriction I know of concerning the avatars, they will simply be squashed to fit the space. They can be JPEGs or whatever.

The only thing I would mention is that after you upload it may not be updated immediately. i.e. you might have to wait a bit before it finally kicks in during games.

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:39 am

If I read it correctly, it says that hotmail.com and msn.com addresses won\'t work, and if you use yahoo.com or gmail.com addresses, check your spam folder.

Edit: Oops, I didn\'t realize I was scrolled up to a post that\'s a month old.