Akagi DS

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Akagi DS

Post by Barticle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:33 pm

xKime wrote:[...] I have had games where the other guys won hands when they weren't supposed to before I even finished following the order of discards. When and if that happens, you have no choice but to start again. D:
Yes! That was sooo annoying, especially if the scene was in maybe the sixth hand of the match and you had to start over... :roll:

zzo38
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by zzo38 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:58 pm

I do have something to tell to you, which is, whichever music you select on the system menu, will be used in the free mode in normal mahjong game.

And the voice for the menus sometimes changes too.

Perhaps this can be added to the GameFAQs

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:15 pm

zzo38 wrote:I do have something to tell to you, which is, whichever music you select on the system menu, will be used in the free mode in normal mahjong game.
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that. I'll write it into my next update.

I just wish there was an option to mute the music but keep the game sound FX. Washizu's dirge-like theme becomes annoying after a while.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:30 pm

Barticle wrote:
zzo38 wrote:I do have something to tell to you, which is, whichever music you select on the system menu, will be used in the free mode in normal mahjong game.
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that. I'll write it into my next update.

I just wish there was an option to mute the music but keep the game sound FX. Washizu's dirge-like theme becomes annoying after a while.
I wrote silly Spanish lyrics for that song!

"Te canto riichi! No canto naaaaada. Te canto riiichi." w

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks for sharing! ;) I will have to remember that - might make the music more bearable.

"Te canto rooon. Ron ron ron ron ron ron ron ron rooooon!" :o

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Barticle wrote:Thanks for sharing! ;) I will have to remember that - might make the music more bearable.

"Te canto rooon. Ron ron ron ron ron ron ron ron rooooon!" :o
Lol! I'd hear it! w

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:46 am

So a mere three years later I finally made the time to revisit Akagi DS. It's been a slow and frustrating process but I beat the game and unlocked all the missable scenes, even the full Washizu arc. :D I played in conjunction with watching the anime again which was a pleasure, although I spent half the time pausing and rewinding whenever you got a brief precious glimpse of Akagi's discards! Recreating these is often crucial to triggering scenes in the game.

I've now documented Acts 2-4 in my guide - which has swollen to over twice the previous length. I took more time to write up story and dialogue summaries for these acts so to some extent my guide also provides an English-language overview of the anime plot (obvious spoiler warning is obvious), although the game's story is slightly abridged and skips a few bits.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/935255-touha ... ensai/faqs

Erm, sorry if anyone happened to be waiting for this update. :oops:

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:32 pm

Wow man, sure you have patience and love for the game to do something like that.
You´re awesome Bart!
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Yeah, he's awesome as he wanna be.

Sometimes he even does raffles... I got a book with a very nice junsei kokushi tenpai hand bookmark. :)

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 pm

Referee wrote:Yeah, he's awesome as he wanna be.

Sometimes he even does raffles... I got a book with a very nice junsei kokushi tenpai hand bookmark. :)
Awesome as he wanna be :lol: :lol: Yeah.

Now about those raffles! The bookmark, the bookmark... Can you upload a photo? I´m curious..
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Dafuq, Ignatius? You participated on it!!!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53033

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Referee wrote:Dafuq, Ignatius? You participated on it!!!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53033
Oh yeah, I forgot. :lol:

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:40 am

Cheers guys! It's pretty cool to be able to re-enact so many scenes from the anime in the game but just mindlessly copying the discards isn't so much fun (especially when the game screws you over and you fail when it's not your fault!) plus you can't skip over the looong scenes when you re-play. Being able to play Washizu Mahjong is quite special though and having to control two hands simultaneously (with all the extra strategy that entails) is an interesting and novel challenge.

It's been a long time now since my last Super-Mega Competition™ giveaway. :| I do still keep a lookout for cool (and cheap!) potential prizes though and I think I still have a couple of those kokushi bookmarks somewhere...