Overview of current mahjong video-games

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Overview of current mahjong video-games

Post by Barticle » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Barticle wrote:two new JPML-licensed games [...] which will be available for the Playstation Vita [...]
Here's a new trailer with some screenshots/gameplay/Jenn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e61Abbh2jDc

Here she is again. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoExpjfSlnI

Mattskinned
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Mattskinned » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:23 am

Here's a riichi mahjong game for Android that is based on the Sengoku period of Japan and you can be some of the famous generals and take over all of Japan like a strategy game. The site has a link to Google Play's App store.

Link:
http://www.ject-entertainment.com/mahjo ... afubu.html

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi Matt, thanks for this and welcome to the forums.

This looks like fun - seems like you can unify Japan as Oda Nobunaga, doing battle on the mahjong table. :)

Mattskinned
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Mattskinned » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:30 am

Your welcome and thank you. Yes, you can. I'm playing as him right now. :)

Mattskinned
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Mattskinned » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:03 am

Hi Barticle! Here are some other mahjong games for Android to check out. :)

Links:
JanNavi-Mahjong-Online FREE
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... _dot&hl=en
JanNavi-Mahjong-Online
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... i_dx&hl=en
100万人のための麻雀
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... j100&hl=en
プロ麻雀 極
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid&hl=en

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:36 pm

The next game in Sega's Ryū ga Gotoku (aka Yakuza) series was announced a month ago as an 80's prequel called Ryū ga Gotoku Zero coming to the PS4 and PS3.

Last weekend's Tokyo Game Show saw a couple of new trailers and various details released so we now have confirmation that RGG0 will include the usual large range of minigames including riichi mahjong, making this 2015 title the next mahjong game for both platforms.

I'm also happy to learn that, taking advantage of the retro setting, Sega will be including several of their own classic titles as playable games within Zero's amusement arcades, namely Outrun, Space Harrier, Super Hang-On and Fantasy Zone. :)

There remains no suggestion of previous titles RGG5 or RGG: Ishin being localised for overseas markets so a translated version of RGG0 is not anticipated currently.

I didn't spot any other console mahjong coverage from TGS 2014 but Konami were showing MFC Sp for smartphones.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:07 am

I changed my blackberry for a smartphone, because my old companion died :( .
I downloaded MFC Sp and Tengokuhai.
The latter is more stable during play. MFC Sp tend to have,here and there, connection problems . But I don't know if those are problems of the game or my Wi-fi...
Now I have a Samsung Galaxy Core 2.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:33 am

Mahjong Tengokuhai is one of the apps that you provided so much translation for me when I first started learning riichi mahjong. There is so much japanese text in this app that I didn't know if I was coming or going. I was sending emails to Bart regarding the options and settings buttons on this one before I even knew about the forum. So many really good features and options, and tons of stats, I didnt think I would ever figure them out, until you guys helped.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Unless there's a big problem I will be here to help. Also, I can now see in-game screens. This will help a lot.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:20 pm

I've been periodically checking the PS4 "mahjong, pachinko, pachi-slots and horse-racing" category on Amazon Japan - and finally it is no longer empty!

D3 are launching yet another generation of their budget Simple Series range with a mahjong title, available on disc or download.

http://www.d3p.co.jp/simplePS4_mahjong/

It boasts a full table display in HD (although the wall is depicted in a very cute miniature scale!) and online multiplayer.

Simple Series G4U Vol. 1: The Mahjong releases on 27 November.

Bamf226
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Bamf226 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Does anyone have a translation guide for Mahjong Tengokuhai for iOS?

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:13 am

Bamf226 wrote:Does anyone have a translation guide for Mahjong Tengokuhai for iOS?
I'm playing it right now (Android ver.). There's a thread here called "severely in need of an english translation". You can find some info there. Also I can help you if you need it. I know a little of japanese, enough to navigate through the game. I think using only one thread to ask for translations is the best as some info overlaps between games.

Bamf226
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Bamf226 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:25 am

Thanks. I'll take a look at that thread first

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Bamf226 wrote:Thanks. I'll take a look at that thread first
I don´t know if you´ve seen it, but you have your answer on the "severely in need of an english translation" thread. I take for granted you´ve read it even if I don´t know. But also, I made some amendments yesterday. Thath´s only reason why I´m writing this. To let you know that.
Last edited by Ignatius on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BailandoTotoro
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by BailandoTotoro » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:34 am

Hi all,

I've been browsing pretty much every comment in this topic, but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for so I gotta ask my question. I was wondering if anyone knows if there's any mahjong game out there (iphone or PC preferred) that will allow you to turn off all the prompts and essentially will let you chombo, miss a chance to call tiles, and miss win? I've played mahjong with real tiles before, using HK rule, Taiwanese rule and most recently Zung Jung rule (love this last one the most by the way), but I've never played Riichi with real ppl ever. So to get more of the real-life feel and to help with transitioning to real-life play (I'm planning to join a local Riichi mahjong group soon), I was wondering if there's any mahjong game that has such an option. Any information will be greatly appreciated and sorry if this was posted somewhere in the site. Thanks!