Overview of current mahjong video-games

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Overview of current mahjong video-games

Postby Barticle » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:54 pm

One of the trailers showed some new minigames but it was very likely that they'd recycle some old ones too.

I have to say I'm not really a fan overall. Would've much preferred a sequel to sci-fi shooter, Binary Domain.

Ignatius
Copper Boarder
Copper Boarder

Postby Ignatius » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:46 am

Barticle wrote:One of the trailers showed some new minigames but it was very likely that they'd recycle some old ones too.

I have to say I'm not really a fan overall. Would've much preferred a sequel to sci-fi shooter, Binary Domain.

Tried the demo a few days ago, and I really liked the fluidity of the movement, specially when on the last fight just after the chase (which was pretty cool), when I changed to the combat style for 1vs1.

The story might be promising, it's an interesting change to be in Kamurocho with a detective.

Still, I need more information on it to decide if I'll buy it.

Extra: Don't remember if somebody already said something about it, but found a game on Steam called Mahjong Club, it's cheap, about 4 euro. And the English and Japanese comments are positive... Seems buyers liked it. It's a game with 咲-Saki style, with super powers, and looks good even if it's still in development to fix some issues and, maybe, add more content. It has potential to be one of the best japanese mahjong game on Steam (well, the bar for the best japanese mahjong game in Steam is yet to be set above "just good", so it's not a super hard challenge to beat).
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Barticle » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Barticle wrote:I see that a Switch edition of JanNavi released a couple of months ago also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCVcoGxW-3E

This is a downloadable title but Amazon Japan is now listing a physical edition due in late November.

mahjongg2go
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Postby mahjongg2go » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:17 pm

This mahjong games list is really great. Maybe I'll play all Mahjong games from the list. :D
Mahjong is the best Game. green-dra

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Barticle » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Barticle wrote:[...] detective game called JUDGE EYES: Shinigami no Yuigon. It's not a "Yakuza" game, but it has the usual Tokyo district and the usual streetfighting.

It's scheduled to release in Japan in December 2018 and in the West next year (working title for English version is Project JUDGE).

Minigame info has been reported including new details for the mahjong.

https://www.4gamer.net/games/433/G043313/20181114077/

One of the parlours is named Mahjong Tachibana as part of a tie-in with Fuji TV ONE's show 'The Wareme De Pon' and Yurika Tachibana.

A screenshot shows two special rules applied - there's a marker for Wareme and two Dora indicators active (with no kongs declared).

That fits with the rules I found here: http://otn.fujitv.co.jp/warepon/rule.html

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Barticle » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:55 pm

The international title was confirmed today in the Kinda Funny Games Showcase stream as "Judgment".

It'll release next summer and include an English dub (dual audio options, I think).

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doh-qdsLs0o

Return to “Mahjong Video Games”