JanRevo Tutorial

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

York1jm
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

JanRevo Tutorial

Post by York1jm » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:42 am

As I mentioned in the sites thread, I am going to tell you guys how to make an account for janrevo as it is only in Japanese. I hope to see some of you online sometime on janrevo. Hopefully I will be able to describe this well enough for all of you. If there is something you guys don't understand or I don't explain clearly, please tell me and I will try to clarify it for you. So here goes nothing:

Prereq: You will need to download AppLocale at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en before you do anything because this will allow you to the view the Japanese within the game and during install, if you do not have it, the Japanese will appear as weird symbols. Thanks Shirluban for telling me about it.

Lets begin by providing you with the site again: http://www.jan-revo.com/

Step One: As you open the page on the top left hand-side of the screen you will see a red button that says 無料会員登録, this means free membership enrollment. So click on this button.

Step Two: You will come to the enrollment screen and have 5 fields to enter and two other questions that you need to make choices for.

First field is your Login ID It has to be 4-12 letters long, you can include numbers as well in your ID. (Just a reminder your login ID is case-sensitive)

Second field パスワード(Password) Same rules apply for your password as with your ID, it must be 4-12 long and can have letters or numbers in it.

Third Field ハンドル名(Your handle name) this is the name that will be displayed to everyone in the game, once again it must be 4-12 long and can have letters or numbers in it. (Just a reminder after you create your handle name you can never again change it, so pick a good one). Also you can use Japanese characters for your handle name.

Fourth field 性別 is your sex, are you male(男性) or female(女性), just merely pick the appropriate choice.

Fifth Field メールアドレス is your e-mail address, so enter that into the field.

Last Field お知らせメール is a notice e-mail that they will send you to inform you that you have been registered with the site. 受け取る means to accept the notice and they will send it to you and 受け取らない means that you do not want the notice e-mail sent to you. You DO NOT need to have the notice e-mail sent to you, but I say you might as well, but it is up to you.

Last Step: Click on the button that says 上記内容で登録, which just means register with the above information.

The next screen you will come to will provide all of the information you have given and merely ask you if all of it is correct. If you made a mistake hit the 前画面へ button, if everything is okay, then hit the ok button.

After this is done you will get a screen that says: 申し込み確認の為、下記のメールアドレスにメールを送信しました。 "Your E-mail Address" 現在、仮登録となっています。メールソフトを開いてメールを受信し、メールの本文中にあるURLをクリックして本登録を完了して下さい。メールサーバーの混雑状況によっては1分程かかる場合があります。フリーメールの場合は迷惑フォルダに入っている場合があります。This merely says that "In order to confirm your application they have sent an e-mail to your e-mail address and in order to finish the registration process you just need to click on the URL within the e-mail to finish your registration. It should only take about a minute to send the e-mail. Also If your using a Free e-mail service it could be put in your junk mail folder." I have never had it end up in a junk mail folder, but in case you do not receive it check there.

In your e-mail you will see the URL and this above it: 下記URLをクリックすると会員登録が完了します。※ご登録は無料です. It just states that when you click the URL below you will finish your registration. Also it reminds you that it is free. So click on the URL.

Download steps:

The URL takes you directly to the download page. So click on the link 雀REVO(setup_jan.exe)をダウンロード or the button doesn't matter and begin your installation process. Merely for this just keep hitting 次へ, until it is done installing and then click the button 完了. This will close the installation window and automatically launch the game and bring you to the Login screen. So merely enter ID and Password, its also a good idea to click on パスワードを 保存 this just saves your password. When all of your information is input click on ログイン(Log in). Then after a quick information screen, just click okay to get past it, and you will be at the game menu. So you can now start having fun playing Mahjong on janrevo. I will create another post after this describing the main menu itself and then going into the buttons you will see during the game so when you are playing you know what buttons mean when they come up. So hopefully this was helpful, like I said before any questions just ask. Thanks.

Meeps
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: JanRevo Tutorial

Post by Meeps » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Ah yes I've found Revo a few days ago, I'm much preferring it over tenhou. None of that paid users get heaven mode 24/7 crap.

We should definately try to spread more awareness for the client! Easy to use and it seems no matter when I'm playing theirs always people on. This should do nicely until Ron2 gets an English client, if ever~

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Really helpful guide, thank you. :)

I only play online on my PS3 at the moment but if I decide to start PC gaming I'll definitely check out Jan Revo. Looks/sounds good!

Meeps
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Meeps » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Anyone have an idea on what the benefits to premium are?

Tom Sloper

Post by Tom Sloper » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:23 pm

York1jm wrote:Prereq: You will need to download AppLocale at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en before you do anything because this will allow you to the view the Japanese within the game and during install, if you do not have it, the Japanese will appear as weird symbols.
What if my computer is already Japanese-capable, with IME and Japanese language support installed? Do I still need AppLocale?
4649おねがいします。

Meeps
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Meeps » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:23 pm

You shouldn't have an issue, mine installed fine

Rosti
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Rosti » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Meeps wrote:I'm much preferring it over tenhou. None of that paid users get heaven mode 24/7 crap.
I'm pretty sure your opinions about Tenhou are outdated and/or misinformed. Paid users don't get any sort of bonus that free users don't get in terms of the mahjong itself.
Cambridge University Riichi Mahjong Society - anyone living in or around Cambridge welcome to attend

Meeps
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Meeps » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:21 am

Rosti wrote:
Meeps wrote:I'm much preferring it over tenhou. None of that paid users get heaven mode 24/7 crap.
I'm pretty sure your opinions about Tenhou are outdated and/or misinformed. Paid users don't get any sort of bonus that free users don't get in terms of the mahjong itself.

If this is true I'm glad.

I've read a quite a few players complaining about it, but that may have been from the p ast.

Rosti
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Rosti » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 am

Meeps wrote: I've read a quite a few players complaining about it, but that may have been from the p ast.
Pretty sure it is. I'm a registered player, and I don't see anything that exceptional in my game stats. It could possibly be the case that registered players get some sort of bonus against unregistered players, but registering is free and pretty easy. You can pay, but to my knowledge all you get for that is a flashier client and access to tournaments.
Cambridge University Riichi Mahjong Society - anyone living in or around Cambridge welcome to attend