Mahjong Dream Club

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Mahjong Dream Club

Post by Barticle » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Yeah thanks, you can press a button in the tutorial to see an example of some yaku (at least the combinations that are easily illustrated). Could be better though.

I still haven't played League but I'm already saving my Dream Points to stock up on cheats! Just started Support and got my first kiss. :oops:

I guessed that online would be pretty dead by now. :| Gonna try playing weekday evenings and weekend daytimes in Japanese time.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:10 pm

The things I don't like about this game are:

Is hard to see the tiles unless yo do a zoom-in. At least you have bubbles showing the last discarded tiles...

There are a few songs in this game. Gets old very fast.

The girls talk more than it's needed. You will memorize all of those sentences easily. Those girls do not shut up.

Well, you can turn off the music and voices...

Maybe I could add the fact that the are not too many optional rules... But I'm ok with that.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:58 am

These are fair points. I'm mainly using the close-up table view and it looks pretty good on my screen - it's the closest I've got yet to MJ4 on my PS3. After a few hours of play I mute the music in most video-games and play my own instead. The combined vocal efforts of three girls in competition mode can be annoying but I'm tolerating the single girl in support - I can only recognise a few words but it's clear that she's suggesting various yaku for me, making observations about the other players and groaning (when I do) each time I draw a useless tile!

BTW I found the official online merchandise store for the Dream Club games - there's quite a range available!

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/d3p-webshop/c/0000000110/

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm

WWYD? :)
kokushi13sided.jpg
kokushi13sided.jpg (41.21 KiB) Viewed 13715 times
Nice to see the wait indicator can handle thirteen tiles.

(The cheat cards aren't always this effective - for example this one can give as few as eight "orphans".)

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:07 am

Looks like you're having fun.

Also it seems you're near to unlocking Uketsuke (the receptionist).

As you're playing against her, Reika, and Mari.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:18 am

Square! Square! :P
Circle is damaten?

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:54 am

I'll triangle for this one.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Ignatius wrote:Also it seems you're near to unlocking Uketsuke (the receptionist).
Yes, I beat the league finals on my first attempt. A couple of double yakuman can work wonders! ;)

I need to write-up everything for my guide so I didn't want to have to play through all 17 hanchan again.
Referee wrote:Circle is damaten?
Yup, it's the discard button so in this case silent tenpai.
Shirluban wrote:I'll triangle for this one.
The correct answer is to press triangle twice for open riichi, forcing your helpless opponents to watch it happen. 8)

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 pm

My MDC guide is now finished and published. The first (and final) major revision went live today.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/653724-mahj ... -club/faqs

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Barticle, in your description of DLC cards from "During Play" section you say that one is called decayed tile, but is decayed maid. the kanji for tile and housemaid, are similar. You can see it in the wiki of the game, on gamefaqs, done by me, Lamuoni on gamefaqs. For 自動チャイ I translated as automatic move, as ちゃう, wich is similar is like to end something completely, and I thought that was the most logical option for a name in that case.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/653724-mahj ... heat-cards

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:35 pm

I did remember you were Lamuoni - I gave you a couple of credits.

For that first one the in-game DLC catalogue and PSN store both give the name as 腐牌 which I translated as Tile Decay. The similar kanji meaning 'housemaid' is .

I left Chai (in katakana) untranslated as I couldn't find a translation I was happy with.

By the way, your Cool Dawn should be Cool Down I think.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:26 am

Ok, I'll correct that things on the wiki of gamefaqs.

Edit: Thanks for those credits (I didn't remembered about those, I'm sorry. I'm of that kind of people who easily forget things. I don't to be mean or something, please do not misinterpret me.)

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 am

No problemo - no need to thank me for thanking you. :)

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Barticle:

The names of the people of support mode are ミッカヴイン wich is Mikkavuin, don´t know if it could work as Mcgavin. Looks like The Delirious Detective Mikkavuin is a tokusatsu hero, Power Ranger-like hero. Wich, indeed, Setsu adores. It appears in other games. I´ve searched about it, so I can confirm it.

Tokusatsu literally means "special effect", used to talk about films with a lot of them. Some old japanese films with a lot of special effects had hero with a suit, like Ultraman.

Also Reiko Senjou should be Reiko Sensei 麗子先生, as she is like a master of mahjong. Or so it seems.

石橋龍也 is Ishibashi Tatsuya. Tatsuya is the only name with those Kanji. Lucky!

準備スタッフ Junbi Staff in this case should be "Reserve Staff Member".

As extra info I will say that 双葉真琴 Futaba Makoto´s name could be read as Makoto, Mako or Kotomi, but in the oneechanbara games is clearly written Makoto with our alphabet.

Every other character as 店長Tenchô (Shop Manager), ウェッスン Uessun (Wesson), シゲ Shige, スミス Sumisu (Smith), and obviously You & Ei (who are hostesses too), are correct.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:00 am

I realise McGavin is quite a stretch but so were Smith and Wesson! At first I thought it must be Mecha-something but mecha is meka in Japanese not mikka. I just made a guess and flagged it as such.

Good thinking on the Sensei title! I was totally focused on names - Senjou is a family name. In the Simple DS Volume 44 mahjong game Reiko's family name is Mizusaki so the title makes total sense, especially as she has the highest rating. I'll add that in a minor update some time, thanks.

Tangorin.com gives Ryuuya as another valid name for 龍也. Similarly 石橋 could be Ishizaki, Ishihashi, Ishibashi, Ishiboshi or Ijihashi. :roll: I just picked the ones that sounded most likely. In the absence of definitive answers I'm really not too concerned about the minor character names.

Yes, I went with Futaba Makoto - I think I found it on Riho's page on Japanese Wikipedia. The cyber-detective info was on Wikipedia too but the name was still in kana.