A simple mahjong game

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

mifinti
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

A simple mahjong game

Post by mifinti » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:41 pm

I've built a simple mahjong game: 3 AIs vs. the player (and the AIs are somewhat not horrible).

Manual: http://mifinti.com/en/mahjong/index.html
Download: http://mifinti.com/en/mahjong.html

I'd appreciate knowing about any rules I've implemented wrong.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: A simple mahjong game

Post by or2az » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:44 am

Has anyone ever downloaded and played this game?
The post never got any replies, which is surprising.
It's also his only one.
Maybe he was insulted that nobody answered?

mifinti
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mifinti » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:15 am

No offense taken--it is a self-promotion post after all.
I just mainly read the WWYDs which doesn't involve much posting on my part.

(and I might not have sold its well; I've been adding some features beyond the basic game, like a mode where you can enter a hand & have the AI score the possible discards.)

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:36 am

Good for you. Most of the time, a post like yours would get a few replies, either with comments, or suggestions.
Your game does look interesting, although a couple of the tiles look strange to me, like the green dragon and the 1-bam.
Don't see the honba count or the riichi bank on the screen but at least it has a tile counter, which is something the flash game doesn't have.
I almost downloaded it, but changed my mind at the last moment. Are you still working on it?
Not quite sure what you mean by " having the AI score the possible discards". (Oh, I see, having the AI analyze the scoring and best discards)
I briefly read your rules and will point out two things.
1) there are restrictions to the pair in pinfu that you did not mention. (no dragons or value winds)
2) furiten is not just discarding a tile that you can win off, it is discarding any tile that could complete your hand. (even if you can't win off it)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51553&start=15#p57101
Also noticed 2 typos. toi-toi, all hands ARE sets, and strategy line 5, you can WIN with.
Don't know how much experience you have (and it doesn't matter) but you should try posting your opinions to the WWYD's in addition to just reading them. I ask lots of questions and we have a pretty friendly group here. Of course there are 1 or 2 who occasionally but infrequently.....................................

mifinti
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mifinti » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Yes, still working on it. Though it's mostly cosmetic improvements at the moment since the major game play components are working.

The green dragon uses a print 發 instead of the cursive version you're probably used to seeing (I need to learn that at some point). I have an alternate tile set (change tileset=blue-alt in config.txt) that has a version of 1-sou that may look more familiar (and a simplified hatsu character).

Honba and unclaimed riichi bets will show up next to the dealer's score/seat.

Agree, my simplified rules over-simplify in that case. That will probably cause confusion since the game implements the correct rule.