Help finding a certain type of mahjong game for my iPad!

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

gfox06
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Help finding a certain type of mahjong game for my iPad!

Post by gfox06 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:50 pm

I need your help PLEASE! I used to play a mahjong game on YAHOO GAMES on my pc. It was very basic, with one exception that I loved but have not been able to find in any other mahjong games for my iPad. In this original game that I loved you had 3 shuffles till your game was over, whether it took you 1 board (layout) or 10 boards cleared before you used all three. I thought of it as "PROGRESSIVE MAHJONG" because once you cleared one board it would automatically load a new board with a different layout and you would continue until you used your third shuffle and then had no moves left. So you were not just seeing how many boards you could clear but also constantly trying to improve your high score. Your high score was the total of all boards cleared and the points you earned combined. Every time you played the first level was always the same layout of tiles then you got random layouts from there forward.
I absolutely loved this type of game because instead of just clearing one layout then starting a new one or trying to do the same one faster it was more of a challenge and it made it much more interesting. The only games I have found that are even remotely close were the story mahjong games where you go to different lands, etc. but what I would give for a game that just let me play as many boards as I could until my shuffles or "lives" ran out to try to beat my own high score or best how many levels I could complete before I "died". Lol
If anyone has ever played the old yahoo games version I spoke of or better yet knows of a game out there for my iPad that is the same concept I would be so great full. I have been looking for years and have had no luck. Thanks in advance for your time and help I appreciate it.
gfox06

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: Help finding a certain type of mahjong game for my iPad!

Post by Ignatius » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Well... This forum is about japanese 4 people mahjong, known as riichi mahjong or reach mahjong, but we talk about other 4 people variants too. Those 4 people variants are considered as "real mahjong" in Asia. The game we discuss here is similar to poker, rummy, gin rummy, a spanish card game called chinchón, and other card games (but not solitaires). Almost every asian nation has its own variants. In fact, the game known as Rummy derived fom chinese mahjong, which was considered too complicated in 1920, when people from Great Britain imported the game from China....

What you're seeking are mahjong solitaires, which are a complete different kind of game. The thing is, if you played a specific mahjong solitaire game on Yahoo Games, you can find similar games on itunes store. You can try searching itunes App Store games such as Mahjong Deluxe Free, Mahjong Titans, and the like.

I have an Android device, so I'm sorry I cannot help you further :cry: .
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

denys
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: Help finding a certain type of mahjong game for my iPad!

Post by denys » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Ignatius wrote:Well... This forum is about japanese 4 people mahjong, known as riichi mahjong or reach mahjong, but we talk about other 4 people variants too. Those 4 people variants are considered as "real mahjong" in Asia. The game we discuss here is similar to poker, rummy, gin rummy, a spanish card game called chinchón, and other card games (but not solitaires). Almost every asian nation has its own variants. In fact, the game known as Rummy derived fom chinese mahjong, which was considered too complicated in 1920, when people from Great Britain imported the game from China....

What you're seeking are mahjong solitaires, which are a complete different kind of game. The thing is, if you played a specific mahjong solitaire game on Yahoo Games, you can find similar games on itunes store. You can try searching itunes App Store games such as Mahjong Deluxe Free, Mahjong Titans, and the like.

I have an Android device, so I'm sorry I cannot help you further :cry: .
I am playing Online Mahjong Solitaire.

iPad version there https://itunes.apple.com/app/online-mah ... ?ls=1&mt=8,
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gsolitaire

It is not classic Mahjong. it is solitaire type game with tiles from mahjong, but I like it
Every day they release new level, each level around 10-15 minuts.