Nihon Pro Mahjong challenge question and translation

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

MahJongDude
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Nihon Pro Mahjong challenge question and translation

Post by MahJongDude » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:47 am

Hello, I am new here, and I have this game for my PS Vita called "Nihon Pro Mahjong Renmei Suisen: Tokoton Mahjong! Joryuu Pro ni Chousen! Tetsuman Megami Special" aka "日本プロ麻雀連盟推薦 とことん麻雀! 女流プロに挑戦! 徹萬女神 スペシャル". I am doing the "Women Challenge" mode where I need to do some goals to get photoshoots of the women featured in the game. I am on the fourth challenge, but I am stuck. I have presented a photo, so maybe somebody can translate the mission shown. Thank you. Barticle, if you're out there, I need your translation, please.
Attachments
Challenge translation.jpg
Challenge in need of translation.
Challenge translation.jpg (163.71 KiB) Viewed 10837 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: Nihon Pro Mahjong challenge question and translation

Post by Ignatius » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:55 am

Welcome!

I'm going to be fast as I don't have that much time:

The conditions state you need to win with a Mangan (or more) at least twice during the match, also you have to be better than 童 瞳 Dô Hitomi Pro (higher points than her). You'll have to obtain more points than her, and your points difference obtained through the match should be higher than hers.

If you do so, you will clear it.

If you ever need help the thread "severily in need of an english translation" might help. Just post there. (it's not mandatory, but that thread was created to solve this kind of issues..)

You'll receive a photo of her as a reward.
Last edited by Ignatius on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

MahJongDude
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by MahJongDude » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:59 am

So, does this mean I have to win with just Mangans or can I also get Hanemans, Baimans, Sanbaimans or Yakumans?

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:03 am

MahJongDude wrote:So, does this mean I have to win with just Mangans or can I also get Hanemans, Baimans, Sanbaimans or Yakumans?

Just edited the post for you, but yeah, hit and win with a mangan or higher. :)

To be honest this is a guess, most games actually let it pass if it´s higher. What the conditions state is you have to win twice with Mangan. Would be super weird if the game actually forced you to win twice with Mangan, with higher points things, such as Haneman or others, not being allowed.
Last edited by Ignatius on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

MahJongDude
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by MahJongDude » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:00 am

Thank you. I will try this out. :)
Last edited by MahJongDude on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi Dude and welcome to the forum.

Ignatius is quicker at replying and definitely quicker at translations!

I still haven't got a Vita so it's interesting to see something from one of the JPML games.

Bart

MahJongDude
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by MahJongDude » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:52 pm

It's great to hear from you, Bart. I grew up with these types of games since the Saki video games.

MahJongDude
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by MahJongDude » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:00 pm

Ignatius, is it all right if I can PM you with my results of this challenge and message you the photos?

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm

MahJongDude wrote:Ignatius, is it all right if I can PM you with my results of this challenge and message you the photos?
Yes, yes, of course you can. :)

Obviously you´re free to put them here or in the previously mentioned "severely in need of an english translation!" thread. It doesn´t matter, do as you please.

I will gladly help no matter what. :)

MahJongDude
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by MahJongDude » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:52 am

Ignatius, can you provide a link to this thread about "severely in need of an english translation!", please?

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:20 am

Deleted post: nothing important.
Last edited by or2az on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:31 am

MahJongDude wrote:Ignatius, can you provide a link to this thread about "severely in need of an english translation!", please?
You can find it here: http://www.reachmahjong.com/en/forum/vi ... =5&t=53180

Should be working (you'll jump to the first page of it).

For some reason when I used the search option, was harder to find it than it should. Don't know why, as usually just writing a part of the thread tile should make it to show up in the search results in a pretty high position, the thread has 17 pages already...

MahJongDude
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by MahJongDude » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:47 am

Link works. Can I post some mahjong game related photos there with kanji and be on hand to help others with what they need to translate?

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:03 am

MahJongDude wrote:Link works. Can I post some mahjong game related photos there with kanji and be on hand to help others with what they need to translate?
Shouldn't be there any problem. You don't need to ask, here everybody will help others and all... :)