Activity

Jenn's Corner, Konno's Kolumn, Shin's Eye, The Long Run, In Garthe's Hands

Moderator: Shirluban

hwmikemiranda
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Activity

Post by hwmikemiranda » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:11 am

I'm seeing very little activity on the website this year. As a newcomer to the website and forums, is there any activity being done anymore? Has Jenn and Garthe left the site? Are podcasts still being done?
I'm a Mahjong enthusiast. Can I be called a Mahjong otaku?
green-dra

wavemotion
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re: Activity

Post by wavemotion » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:47 am

hwmikemiranda wrote:I'm seeing very little activity on the website this year. As a newcomer to the website and forums, is there any activity being done anymore? Has Jenn and Garthe left the site? Are podcasts still being done?
The podcast has seen a bit of podfade over the years. It is not unusual to have a few months go by - but in recent times there has been roughly 1 podcast in about 8 months which is probably not enough to keep people subscribed to the feed. Jenn posted here a couple weeks ago - Garthe has never been quite active on the forums. Time is at a premium and real life gets in the way sometimes -- I'm sure it's a ton of work to keep those aspects fresh and running. In any event, this is still our community - while we can't quite directly affect and change content on the main Reachmahjong.com site, we can at least try to keep the forums alive and kicking. It takes a little effort from all of us - post often and get involved in discussions and people will, eventually, come. If we build up enough of a critical mass here on the forums then maybe, just maybe, the other aspects of the site will spark back to life.

Shirluban

Re: Activity

Post by Shirluban » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Jenn seems to be constantly busy.
I think it's pretty much the same for Gemma.
And Garthe was never really active, beside the JongCasts and his column.

FWIW, the last Jongcast is from March 2012, not 2011 as written on the main page.
Jenn told me they should come back, but I have no news.

I'll poke them.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world