New kanji guide for Mahjong Fight Club

The place for video, sites, games replay, books, ...

Moderator: Shirluban

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

New kanji guide for Mahjong Fight Club

Post by Barticle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you know that I´ve made a chart to help gamers read some of the Japanese characters used in MFC, for example the numbers used on the tiles, fu and han counts and the kanji used in the ranks.

It´s hosted on GameFAQs along with my full plain-text guides for Mahjong Taikai IV and MFC (PS3 version) and my kanji chart for MJTK IV.

I´ve also recently completed guides to the mahjong and hanafuda (flower card) minigames in the PS3 game Ryuu ga Gotoku 3. You might be interested to note that a translated version of this game will be released in Europe and America in March this year - under the name Yakuza 3 - with English text and Japanese speech.

It´s an action-adventure-fighting game but it includes several minigames, including shogi, golf and karaoke! The options and AI in the mahjong game are pretty basic, but I believe it´ll be the first mahjong game in English for the PS3.

All my guides are hosted here...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recogn ... tml?type=1

Happy to receive feedback/suggestions.

Bart

EDIT: There is a strong possibility that the mahjong minigame (and the shogi one) have been cut from the western version, Yakuza 3.

Tom Sloper

Re:New kanji guide for Mahjong Fight Club

Post by Tom Sloper » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Wow, great stuff! B)
4649おねがいします。

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:48 am

Thanks Mr S. B)

Once the new (larger) Nintendo DSi is released in the West I´ll decide which size to buy and then I´ll start importing some of the many Japanese MJ games and make guides for them too. Stay tuned!

b4k4ni04
Junior Reacher
Junior Reacher

Post by b4k4ni04 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:11 pm

but... the DSi IS out in America <<;. (checks your location) ... oops.

(checks amazon.co.uk) ... <_<;. so... why don\'t you have a DSi? looks released to me. *shrugs*.

...waaaait. \"larger\" ... OH! You mean like this:Nintendo DSi LL ?
〜〜〜星空が最高の舞台/カラスたちカーカーと鳴くよ/いつも思うよ いつ寝てるんだろ〜〜〜 I'm sorry teh b4k4 is lost to GlDeMo please try again later *bzzt* 〜b4k4

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 am

That´s the fella! :) It´s basically a larger version of the existing DSi and will be released as the \"DSi XL\" in Europe and America soon.

There´s a couple of interactive widgets here that let you compare the size to other DS models...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsiLL/

Compared to the standard DSi, the screens are significantly larger and, reportedly, give a more vivid image. Similarly the speakers are larger and louder, and battery life is improved.

It´s obviously aimed at the older market - it´s easier to see and hold - and, because it´s a little less portable, at people who will use it mainly at home.

The larger screens also allow more precise control with the stylus but my only concern is that having bigger screens but the same resolution will make the images appear more blocky.

So I´ll compare the image quality when it reaches (heh) our shores - and might end up buying the normal DSi anyways! :laugh:

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:04 am

Barticle wrote:released as the "DSi XL" in Europe and America soon.
In case anyone else is tempted, the European release date has been announced as 5 March 2010. It will come pre-loaded with a dictionary, cut-down version of Brain Training and a web browser.

Speaking of dictionaries, I´m really looking forward to getting my DS now. Just picked up a Japanese dictionary for it with a touchscreen interface for kanji input. Should be really handy.

It´s called Kanji Sonomama DS Rakubiki Jiten. There´s a demo here...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/arjj/howto/index.html