Mahjong cat cartoons

The place for video, sites, games replay, books, ...

Moderator: Shirluban

b4k4ni04
Junior Reacher
Junior Reacher

Re:Mahjong cat cartoons

Post by b4k4ni04 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:36 am

Totally was not intending to rhyme, awesome side effect!

Hmmn, you\'re right, a hand needs to be 4 sets and a pair. 3 sets of 4 and a pair doesnt work <<;.

Oh, True it is in the comic. 2ko! <niko> :D!
〜〜〜星空が最高の舞台/カラスたちカーカーと鳴くよ/いつも思うよ いつ寝てるんだろ〜〜〜 I'm sorry teh b4k4 is lost to GlDeMo please try again later *bzzt* 〜b4k4

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:22 pm

b4k4ni04 wrote:#4)By calling a discarded tile, you receive it
Now they´re all at it...!

(photo credit: hitman2046 on Photobucket)

He struggles to read the Japanese rulebook because he only knows kat-akana! :silly:

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:45 pm

By searching マージャン 猫 in Google image I quickly finds a bunch of sites with these awesome cat cartoons.
Most of them redirect to http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... id=7715821 so I presume 猫車 (Neko-sha ?) is the author.

If someone who is fluent in Japanese would be so kind to ask him/her what\'s about, it will be ... hum ... kind from him/her.

That or looking in Pixiv\'s terms of use what they said about users\' rights/allowed with content posted.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Tom Sloper

Post by Tom Sloper » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 am

Barticle wrote:He struggles to read the Japanese rulebook because he only knows kat-akana! :silly:
Very cute! (^_^)
4649おねがいします。

silent observer
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by silent observer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:34 am

Shirluban wrote:That or looking in Pixiv\'s terms of use what they said about users\' rights/allowed with content posted.
Users\' rights? But you\'re not users here - you\'re the pirates. You have no right to post these cartoons, given that copyright lies with the one who created these.

There\'s nothing on pixiv - of which I\'m a member - that gives its users the right to post others\' creations anywhere.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:34 am

silent observer wrote:pirates
Oddly enough my birthday does fall on the date of the annual International Talk Like A Pirate Day and I can rarely resist a good "yarrrr"!

More seriously though, is it clear from Pixiv if this is the original source of the cartoons or if they were reposted there as elesewhere? Can we confirm the identity of the author/artist and if they can be contacted? Would there be any issues with - if it came to it - replacing images with direct links to the artist´s pages?

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 am

The Pixiv policy forbids posting other people\'s work to the site. So I think we can safely assume that the account which posted the pictures belongs to the artist.

The artist\'s user page:
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=167342
He/she also has a homepage URL listed:
http://cuniculus.xxxxxxxx.jp/
And for reference, here\'s the link to the list of images by that user which he/she has tagged with \"Cat Mahjong Course\":
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... B%E5%BA%A7

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Shirluban wrote:so I presume 猫車 (Neko-sha ?) is the author.
It looks that way.

My online dictionary of choice gives the reading for those two kanji together as "Nekoguruma" which means "wheelbarrow". (literally "cat car" - interesting!)
Poochy wrote:He/she also has a homepage URL listed:
http://cuniculus.xxxxxxxx.jp/
Thanks (both) for your research. :)

There´s an email link on that site and I´m happy to send a message but it would be in English - unless anyone more linguistically capable would be willing and able to send something in Japanese?

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:56 pm

silent observer wrote:Users\' rights? But you\'re not users here - you\'re the pirates.
My statement is not-so-stupid since a similar site, Photobucket, DOES have terms of use allowing users to take the content posted and spread it away.

Photobucket.com Terms of Use Agreement
Proprietary Rights in Content on Photobucket.
6.1 [...]
By displaying or publishing ("posting" ) any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications [...]

@Poochy: If you can read Pixiv policy, can you please check what they said about it? Thanks.

@Barticle:Yeah, "Nekoguruma" is the other possibility.
I let you email the (presumed) author. Please put me in copy.
sylvain dot malbec at gmail dot com

silent observer
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by silent observer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Photobucket is further from pixiv than deviantart or elfwood are, and neither allow what photobucket does.
The website\'s global policy includes protecting the privacy of all Pixiv users, and refraining from posting others\' works, reprinting others\' works without permission, and advertising for commerce.
OH SNAP! This is information you could have gotten yourself, (I\'m refraining from accusing you of being lazy here) if you\'d just looked it up on even wikipedia. The same text is obviously - although in more legalese - available on pixiv as well.

Long story short: if you\'re unsure, ASSUME REGULAR COPYRIGHT LAWS. Photobucket is the exception, not the rule.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Shirluban wrote:I let you email the (presumed) author. Please put me in copy.
You have mail!

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am

Shirluban wrote:@Poochy: If you can read Pixiv policy, can you please check what they said about it? Thanks.
The four major forbidden actions listed in Pixiv policy are posting images under your account that you didn\'t create yourself, reprinting other users\' works without permission, using the site for commercial advertising, and violating other users\' privacy, listed in that order. Those are the only four listed in the short version, so I presume those four are taken quite seriously. (There\'s a longer version that also talks about stuff like "don\'t make threats or defamatory statements in tags or comments" and properly putting "R-18" tags for filtering on 18+ images and such, plus an even longer version written in near-incomprehensible legalese.)

I think the key difference between Pixiv and Photobucket is that Pixiv appears to be meant for artists to showcase their works on-site while Photobucket is a simple image host that you\'re meant to use to direct-link to from forums and such.

And silent observer, no need to be so snarky. I don\'t think I have ever heard "Oh snap!" used in a way that was neither facetious nor obnoxious.

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Poochy wrote:The four major forbidden actions listed in Pixiv policy are [...] reprinting other users\' works without permission [...]
Ok, thanks.
So I remove the images until "Nekoguruma" gives his/her permission.

It\'s nice to talk with good temper lads.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:02 am

Shirluban wrote:So I remove the images until "Nekoguruma" gives his/her permission.
I support this action - it´s the right thing to do. I´ve removed the single image from my original post in the "scoring quick reference" thread too.

With over five hundred hits on this thread I guess everyone would have seen the cartoons by now anyways! :silly: