Beta Testing on Joyjan – RM Exclusive

Want to meetup with your RM.com friends? This is the place! Meet in real life or online! Please remember to not post any identifying details and be careful who you give your email and personal details to. We recommend you do not agree to meet strangers in real life.

Moderator: Shirluban

jenn
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Beta Testing on Joyjan – RM Exclusive

Post by jenn » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Aduil100 wrote:You cannot kyuushukyuuhai in this client... that's a rather big fail.
There are no abortive draws (tochuu ryukyoku) in the current rule set on this client (there are many parlors in japan that do not allow abortive draws at all too). With more players more rule options will be available, but this will definitely go into player opinions for the rule sets that people want to play.

Izzy
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Izzy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:06 pm

One small problem is that it doesn't display the number of players who's online.
Yes, this should really be changed, so we can know if it's worth waiting.

The greatest problem for me is that after obviously got disconnected in real game, I got no AWAY-text and worst thing that happened, even after figuring out that I must've been kicked, I couldn't reconnect. Miraculously I was able to play normally the next hand. But I surely wouldn't want to play this way with real money.

But since it is based on java, I have a slight hope, this will be available for my android-tablet sometimes in future, so that I can finally play some games when I'm not at home, so I guess I'll follow its developement a little further.

fso
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by fso » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:31 pm

But since it is based on java [...]
The client being written in java is making it very difficult for me to take it seriously. Even if they fixed the other issues mentioned in the thread, I don't see myself playing on joyjan unless they build it using different tools. The only thing it has going for it is open chitoi, though they may not want to keep that in.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:55 am

I'm tired of dealing into those open chii toi ;_;

Izzy
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Izzy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Since yesterday evening I'm getting error message "Udate failed. Please close application and try again." when trying to connect. Any ideas how I can get it back to work?

(Oh, and closing the application and trying again obviously doesn't work.)

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:36 pm

Izzy wrote:Since yesterday evening I'm getting error message "Udate failed. Please close application and try again." when trying to connect. Any ideas how I can get it back to work?

(Oh, and closing the application and trying again obviously doesn't work.)
I got rid of that problem by starting it up from the website every time instead of my desktop icon. It's kinda annoying, but it does its job.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Aduil100 wrote:You might want to consider banning KittyKiller if you have that ability yet. The guy is just totally belligerent and constantly insults every player during the game.
I remember him. I can testify to this and it is the truth.

Izzy
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Izzy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:18 pm

err... Thanks xKime. It started - and by this time crashed some of my other running pograms. :evil: Is there maybe another solution that is not as evil than to open by website, like just installing the update (where can I get it?) manually?

fso
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by fso » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:32 pm

Izzy wrote:Is there maybe another solution that is not as evil [...]
Java is always evil.

Are you using the shortcut? Not sure that it'll help, but when getting joyjan you download a .jnlp file. Tried running it? I've had no problems with updating and never used the website to get it running.

Izzy
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Izzy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks a lot! I just redirected the shortcut to that new file, now it works like before. Thanks.

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by chalwa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:19 pm

I write once again. I cannot register on there. I dont get any mail with activaton link. I used 3 different email addresses, I have check spam box, and no sight of any mail from joyjan. Any one know what to do? Jenn?

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:31 pm

chalwa wrote:I write once again. I cannot register on there. I dont get any mail with activaton link. I used 3 different email addresses, I have check spam box, and no sight of any mail from joyjan. Any one know what to do? Jenn?
Don't worry, the problem is not on your end only. I tried registering an account for you, and I'm getting the same problem.

Seeing that I could originally register (as I'm a playing member w), I take it this is a recent issue. A serious one, though. D:

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by chalwa » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:50 am

Thanks xKime for trying to solve my problem. I would write to somebody from support of joyjan, but there is no email to them, support, and contact pages aren't working...

Artalyx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Artalyx » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:37 pm

As well as the various more serious issues already mentioned by people (such as open chiitoi) the most confusing part I found was at the end of a game. It's not obvious what to click, the first few times I just closed the client.

jenn
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jenn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Thanks for all the testing in August!

I'm just going over the game numbers now and everything should be sent out by next week. If you didn't provide a mailing address I'll send you an e-mail letting you know what your prizes are.

I got e-mails from:
Artalyx
Osamu
Izzy
WaveMaster
Sasuraiger
greenbluered
fso
Req
xKime

We're going to run the same promotion in September, starting.... NOW!

There was an update a few days ago to the software and we're in constant contact with the programmers and company to improve things (open chi-toi is going away... sorry to those who liked it).

I'll be posting the notice on the RM.com homepage with the new promotion momentarily, so keep playing and keep posting here. If you won a prize in August and win the same prize in September, you will have the option of trading it, so don't stop just because you already won!

Also Garthe is SUPPOSED to be playing. I'll get on his case about it more.