What Would You Discard (10/17)

Discussions about the What Would You Discard/Do from the main page.
Your own WWYD are also welcome.

Moderator: Shirluban

Shirluban

What Would You Discard (10/17)

Post by Shirluban » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:29 pm

You know what to do : say what you would do.

Here\'s the last WWYD from Jenn.

-----
I\'ll kick out these :south.
They are not good to pon, one is already out, and 3 pairs is a bit too much for a regular hand.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Johnstonjamese
Junior Reacher
Junior Reacher

Re:What Would You Discard (10/17)

Post by Johnstonjamese » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:50 pm

if you\'re just playing east, i\'d be thinking the chances of a comeback aren\'t very high at this state. Tanyao and Pinfu are out of the question and unless you want to just end it, you can\'t really be thinking about calling anything anyway. You need to reach.

That being said, i\'d want to cut what I just drew to keep the ryanmen wait. Chances are if you make it to tenpai, either the west or the south will be your head. I would be thinking that if at least another west hasn\'t come out by now, someone else is probably holding on to them. There is already a south out so i\'d be thinking the chances of drawing the last one aren\'t very high either.

Either way I\'d aim for an optimistic Reach, South, Dora 1 at least. This would put you in second. If you got an uradora and a direct hit on the north seat you could cause an upset. If the last south gets discarded i\'d pass and discard my two souths, make the wests my head and hope for pinfu too. You have outs, but need to get lucky.

Am I missing something here?