WWYD for 8/24/11

Discussions about the What Would You Discard/Do from the main page.
Your own WWYD are also welcome.

Moderator: Shirluban

mrrrx
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

WWYD for 8/24/11

Post by mrrrx » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 pm

(Hi, never posted in this forum before till today, but I noticed nobody started this thread yet...)

I would discard 7-dot (if this is an east-only game like I think that means in the upper right)

The way the score is now, if I make any hand at all the game will end with me in 1st place. Going for silent pinfu seems like it's more efficient than chiitoitsu even though there's no more 9-bam . I also might be able to finagle some better open wait than 78s depending on what I draw before tenpai. Defensively, North is the only one that could be dangerous, but they just discarded the suji 4-dot so I don't feel bad about discarding 7-dot .

If I was behind by more or it was earlier in the game I would drop 9-bam and go for chiitoitsu & tanyao. I love chiitoitsu :<

Shirluban

Re: WWYD for 8/24/11

Post by Shirluban » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi, never posted in this forum before till today, but I noticed nobody started this thread yet...)
Welcome!
And thanks for starting this WWYD thread.

if this is an east-only game like I think that means in the upper right
Yes it is.

I agree pinfu is quicker than chiitoi here. For the last hand of an East only game, and considering the score, I think it's the best choice.
For an East+South game, I'll go for chiitoi since it rewards more and the winning probabilities are not much lower.
And I don't see a big difference regarding safe/dangerous tiles.

Defensively, North is the only one that could be dangerous, but they just discarded the suji 4-dot so I don't feel bad about discarding 7-dot .
You means East, not North.
The dice are in front of the player facing you, so he is East.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Lespar
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: WWYD for 8/24/11

Post by Lespar » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:43 am

What are the other options except the 7-dot ?

Maybe the 9-bam and going for all pairs?

I really can't see anything else.