WWYD 2014-06-29

Discussions about the What Would You Discard/Do from the main page.
Your own WWYD are also welcome.

Moderator: Shirluban

Nya~

You may select 1 option

View results

Shirluban

WWYD 2014-06-29

Post by Shirluban » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: WWYD 2014-06-29

Post by Ignatius » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Wow, that´s a troblesome situation. Only 10,400 points, in south 4th round, being south player. If were me, I would try not to loose more points with that hand. Doesn´t seem that, being mid game of this south 4th round, I could do a comeback with this hand (but for me it´s hard to think in all the possible yaku in an efficient way, I´m hard-headed playing this game, when something gets stuck on my head, it´s hard for me to change and adapt). Discarding 9-crak, 8-crak, or 6-crak could be dangerous, being the 8-crak the dora. I would throw out the 1-dot, looks safer being on East´s discard pond... Other tiles doesn´t look the same.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:42 pm

I would imagine that at south 4, 10,400 pts, that I'm really disgusted at this point in the match. As Ignatius said, the ship is sinking fast and there really is no hope for a comeback. My first instinct is to try to discard safe tiles, like the 1-dot, and end this torture quickly. But I won't.
Since I'm going to lose anyway, I might as well have fun with the last hand.
I will discard the 4-crak.

If I can draw the 2-dot or 4-dot , (8 tiles still available), that completes one chow.

If I can draw the 5-crak or 7-crak , (5 tiles still available, 4 of which are 7's), that is tenpai.

6-crak 7-crak 8-crak 9-crak 9-crak 9-crak 4-bam 5-bam 3-dot 4-dot 5-dot 6-dot 6-dot
Riichi and enjoy yourself. (riichi, ippatsu, CSD, dora.....mangan.....miracles do happen)

Question: If I manage to win this hand, do I get a continuance?

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:21 pm

or2az wrote:I would imagine that at south 4, 10,400 pts, that I'm really disgusted at this point in the match. As Ignatius said, the ship is sinking fast and there really is no hope for a comeback. My first instinct is to try to discard safe tiles, like the 1-dot, and end this torture quickly. But I won't.
Since I'm going to lose anyway, I might as well have fun with the last hand.
I will discard the 4-crak.

If I can draw the 2-dot or 4-dot , (8 tiles still available), that completes one chow.

If I can draw the 5-crak or 7-crak , (5 tiles still available, 4 of which are 7's), that is tenpai.

6-crak 7-crak 8-crak 9-crak 9-crak 9-crak 4-bam 5-bam 3-dot 4-dot 5-dot 6-dot 6-dot
Riichi and enjoy yourself. (riichi, ippatsu, CSD, dora.....mangan.....miracles do happen)

Question: If I manage to win this hand, do I get a continuance?
Well if you get a mangan from east player you end third and not fourth. Just by 200 points.

About your question: Looking in the rules of Ron2, I didn´t found it.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.