big 3 dragon and pure honor = double yakuman???

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

ghostdragon
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

big 3 dragon and pure honor = double yakuman???

Post by ghostdragon » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:34 pm

i've ever got pure honor with 3 big dragon inside but only got 1 yakuman. i think it should be doube yakuman, can you guys explain, thanks

Tom Sloper

Re: big 3 dragon and pure honor = double yakuman???

Post by Tom Sloper » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:36 pm

ghostdragon wrote:i've ever got pure honor with 3 big dragon inside but only got 1 yakuman. i think it should be doube yakuman, can you guys explain, thanks
Are you talking about a computerized game?
4649おねがいします。

ghostdragon
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by ghostdragon » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:41 pm

I was playing in dragon kong online

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:04 pm

It depends on the specific rule set you are using.
Some places count several yakuman, others limit the score to "single yakuman" only.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:11 am

ghostdragon wrote:i've ever got pure honor with 3 big dragon inside but only got 1 yakuman. i think it should be doube yakuman, can you guys explain, thanks
Basically, you have two variations in multi-Yakuman rules. These are 複合役満 (fukugou yakuman (composite yakuman)) and ダブル役満 (double yakuman (other names may exist, though)).

Playing with fukugou yakuman, you can stack different yakuman to get more points. Big three dragons, pure honours, four concealed pungs. And so on.

In addition to that, if you want, you may play with double yakuman (suu an kou tanki, kokushi musou 13-sided-wait, chuurenpoutou 9-sided-wait, dai suu shii. They would be counted as two yakuman).

You can even play with both.

However, it is rare (meh, in my own experience!) that software nowadays aren't playing with fukugou or double yakuman. Most of them play with one or the other. Janryuumon plays with both. Tenhou is playing with fukugou yakuman only.

The thing is, most software don't let you see what their ruling is concerning yakuman. So, you don't know until you know.

ghostdragon
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by ghostdragon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Thanks for u guys 's explanation. coz I watched akagi manga ,akagi got su an koo and da san gen at once(hidden treasure and 3 big dragon) that allowed him to got the double yakuman scoring. btw in this movie the rule is japanese modern. so i wonder why it's not doube yakuman when I got this hand. btw is there fukugou yakuman in Ema richii?

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:16 pm

There are dozens of different optional rules that may be applied (or not) within the framework of the modern Japanese rules. Stacking yakuman and double-yakuman are just two of these.

The EMA do not allow stacking of two or more different yakuman (specified in section 4·2 of their rulebook) but they do recognise the four standard double-yakuman (as listed by Kime above).