Your "mangaistic" mahjong situations

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

WorTeX
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Your "mangaistic" mahjong situations

Post by WorTeX » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 am

I\'m always having these situations when I can imagine that this would have been a great manga when playing mahjong, do you have a story? tell it here!

For example my most recent moment of this when i was playing on mahjongtimes RCR Freeroll, which had 2 rounds, winner based on tournament points and score in each table (1st: 4pt, 2nd: 2pt, 3rd: 1pt, 4th: 0pt). I aced the first table and got 4 points, and I knew I had to get the victory on the 2nd table in order to get prizes. This is where it started, I got a decent mangan hand, then it was downhill, one player just kept on winning and making the distance between me and him. I was 8000 points behind, when I got a starting hand which could be a mangan, I get it to tempai and reach, bang, this guy wins again, making me somewhat 10k behind.

After that, there was only 7 minutes of time left in the game, the last hand thx to slow speed client.. And what i get to my starting hand? Dora pair, two red fives, and two white dragons, and rest of it wass a total mess. Time was of an essence now, for my luck the players had disconnected so bots were making auto passes, my hand constructed a sluggish pace, and I made it to concealed tempai in the last minutes, but the hand value was only the two dora, 2 red fives, and riichi. That wasn\'t enough, if I was to make it to the first place, I\'d have to get a direct hit to leader, or tsumo, or ippatsu, or uradora. At this point there were 2 minutes playtime left. It felt like forever when the ippatsu didn\'t come, or I didn\'t draw it myself.. Then my winning tile appeared on the board, but not by the leader, there was 30 seconds of time left, and i wished for the uradora to hit, and blam! there it was, hand value Riichi Dora 5, haneman, and it gave me 1st place in the table.

Unfortunately I still made it only 2nd in overall thx to crappy score but hey, $175 is still a nice sum ;)

Bunta
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Your "mangaistic" mahjong situations

Post by Bunta » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:57 am

Once we played a live hanchan. I had only crappy hands all the time which gave me the last place with 20.000 behind. It was the last chance for me as dealer in 4th turn in the south round. So i hoped for a fast hand to be dealer again or a monster. I looked at my starting hand and had only crap, but on the second look i had a small chance for kokushi-musou with already 2 dragons, 3 winds and one 1 and one 9. So i thought what do i have to loose and went for it. I drew great tiles, but the guy in first place reached, which gave me trouble to finish my hand, but he couldn´t win and with only 4 tiles left i drew the tile i needed for tenpai. So here i was, 4 tiles left waiting for the last green dragon, cuz 3 were already discarded. And as you can guess, one of the other players drew the green dragon, thought it would be safe and discarded it. Ron, Dealer YAKUMAN 48.000 Points for first place and end of the game cuz he got into minus.
This was my luckiest mahjong moment ever!!!!!

HotelFSR
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by HotelFSR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Pretty badass!!!

oxoboxo
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by oxoboxo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:10 am

Okay this wasn\'t my win, but I was playing in a round where North seat had reached about 9 rounds in the game and after that, East won a kokushi musou on North\'s Hatsu/Green Dragon discard! The crazy thing however was North\'s hand:

1-crak 1-crak 2-crak 2-crak 3-crak 3-crak 4-crak 5-crak 6-crak 7-crak 8-crak 9-crak 9-crak

If the game continued, his next draw would have been 3-crak

Flieg
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Flieg » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:48 pm

In one game I won 2 baiman hands (one of them was riichi, tsumo, dora 6 ;) ), I had 65500 points and what happened? I was ronned 4 times and I finished 2nd with 28800 points :/

sir_seagill
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sir_seagill » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:40 pm

In a 5 player (loser goes out) 2 han chan game spanned over a few days (because we play slow) I won my first yakuman - 13 wonders off my friend, but then on another day I dealt into his yakuman - Big Wheels.