Yakuman Club

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

Amajanshi
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Yakuman Club

Post by Amajanshi » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:02 pm

I got Chin Rou Tou (Pure Terminals) in real life once, but that was a two player game with maximum discards, so it\'s not very creditable...

I do have to say that if you were to play two player Jap mahjong with Max Discards though, Suu Ankou would be MUCH easier to get though! lol

5dots
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by 5dots » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:28 pm

I got a 4 concealed pongs, kokushi and 3 big dragons, whichisounds common.

What I could never forget is what I lose: All green and 4 concealed pongs (with single wait):S

kitcheung
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by kitcheung » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:52 am

What I got before....
Little 4 winds
Big 3 dragons
4 concealed pongs
Blessing of earth (3-play)
Thirteen Orphans (3-play)

Latest one I got is the counted yakuman, which is my first time to get. It\'s not possible if:
1.it was not ron in first turn
2.the ron tile wasn\'t 8-crak and
3.the underneath lucky tile was\'t 7-crak Image

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:24 am

I have yet to get a yakuman playing against another human, but I\'ve pulled off the following in about 7,000 total hands (2,100 of which I won) playing against the Pro CPUs on Mahjong Fight Club DS:

Kokushimusou x2
Chuurenpouto (pure!)
Daisangen x2
Shousuushii
Tsuuiisou x2
Shousuushii + Tsuuiisou

I also once had a Suuanko tenpai waiting on a lone Haku, but one of the CPU won before anyone discarded a Haku.

carl
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by carl » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:05 am

i finally got my first online yakuman hand, a dai san gen. LOL i was so worried when i went into tenpai that i wouldnt get it but luckily one of the tiles i needed was a 9 and they always come out.

Spdwagon
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Spdwagon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:32 am

Okay, hi. so. My first post here is... well this is it! Yeah, and the first thing I do is to boast... but that\'s okay...
I only played online so far, and I\'m really bad at it, for example I can not seem to answer any WWYD correctly, but anyway... here are some of my yakuman... yakumans?.. I don\'t really know what the plural is...
4player Dai Sangen tsumo in the 7447th lobby of tenhou.net edited the link to point at the real image. sorry about that...
Suu Ankou; lobby 0000 3p
A Kokushi; tenhou.net lobby 0000
Yet another Suu ankou; Toupai-Ou
Well that\'s it...
bye.

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:59 pm

I just successfully pulled off my first yakuman playing against humans today:
Kazoe-Yakuman, mostly by dumb luck. I was going for a Honroutou, and with only a few tiles left, I drew the 4th white-dra for a kan. I then drew the 4th 9-crak, which revealed a red-dra for the kan-dora indicator, which meant my four white-dra were 4 additional dora.

The replay:
http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2009022308gm-0 ... c3e5d&tw=2

Edit: And a couple hours later, I\'ve pulled it off again. Also thanks to dumb luck with dora. It also prompted both my opponents to immediately quit.

Replay link:
http://tenhou.net/0?log=2009022314gm-00 ... ef5ce&tw=1

carl
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by carl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:50 am

kind of a funny story from last night, i was in tenpai for a kokushi musou, i needed a 9-dot and there already 3 discarded. the 4th was eventually dealt but i couldnt ron it. i thought \"what the hell\'s going on?\" and then i looked at my hand and my 1-bam was actually a 2-bam. in my excitement i completely overlooked the fact that i had never gotten it. well since all 4 9\'s were already out my chance was gone, but at least i had plenty of safe tiles to deal the rest of the hand LOL.

Spdwagon
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Spdwagon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:36 pm

I made another online suuankou. A single wait one this time on Toupai Ou.

I uploaded the replay to mediafire by request, so I\'ll share that too.

Damn, I felt lucky there!

gartheee
Mahjong Pro
Mahjong Pro

Post by gartheee » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Yeah, 4 Concealed Triples (Su-anko-) and 13 Orphans (Kokushi) I\'ve gotten at least 15-20 times each. The best was probably a hand where I had already tsumoed baiman the hand before as dealer and then the next hand tsumoed suanko while I was furiten to put two players under 0 and kill the game. Oh the look on all their faces. Oh another one last month where I was dealer in 3rd place with like 11,000 on the last hand and 1st and 2nd places both had more than 40,000 and 4th place had about 5500 so if I drew the non-yakuman it would be haneman and put him under so I was really wondering what I might do there until he thankfully threw the last Red Dragon(to his credit, I had only ponned the White Dragon so far) to give me Big Dragons and pop me into first.

I\'ve gotten All Honors and Small Winds (Passed on making it big winds to keep my openended wait) once each and gotten one away from ready for 9 Gates (Chuurenpo-to-), furiten of course. I believe the total junk starting hand that counts as yakuman is called To-sanpu-to- which I\'ve seen a couple times and Counted Limit Hand (Kazoeyakuman) also, but those are both generally not accepted at Mahjong parlors so they\'re a little rarer. I have yet to see All terminals or 4 Kongs even close to ready.

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Senechal » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Well, I\'m into the yakuman club as of last week, Chiho.
444567 - 345 - 3457 : Dealer drops white, North decides to let it slide... South (me) picks 7s and wins. I\'ve made it to 12 han before, but never 13 counted. I guess this was the best path to victory.

That and I\'ve dealt into a Pure Nine Gates the same day. No one at the club has made All green or Big 4 Winds yet.
Club Riichi de Montréal (Canada) http://riichi.ca/ (If you're from elsewhere, keep in touch with us too!)

zzo38
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by zzo38 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:31 am

I have made one yakuman hand only. And only when playing against the computer. It is humanly hand, seven pairs, and ippatsu first-turn riichi. (The real reason for getting that score is that I can\'t disable first-turn win yakuman)

Flieg
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Flieg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Oh. I\'m shocked. I was playing at Toupai Oh and in South 1st round (I was East) I\'ve got this hand:
3-crak 1-dot 7-dot 4-bam 8-bam :east :east :south white-dra green-dra green-dra red-dra red-dra
I was thinking that\'s cool and it\'s very possible to score yakuman. I drew 9-crak, discarded 3-crak, then South drew and discarded a tile and then West drew a tile... tsumo x_x

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi folks. I´ve been lurking on the forum for a few weeks while I´ve been learning Reach but I just had to sign up to announce that I´ve finally joined the Yakuman Club! :)

I had a rather mundane hand, unremarkable except for a couple of kongs, but I got really lucky with the dora - I got eleven! I wasn´t even playing with red fives.... is this a world record? :lol:

I also had riichi and tanyao to give me the 13 fan.

(As you can see, the three dora and three ura dora are shown on the second line. I´m playing on the mahjong minigame in Ryu ga Gotoku: Kenzan! on the PS3. Sorry for the fuzzy photo!)

Now if I can just get a proper (named) limit hand I can die happy... ;)

Bart

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Sun May 03, 2009 5:23 am

I successfully pulled off my first yakuman on Toupaiou: