Mahjong playing speed

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

WorTeX
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Mahjong playing speed

Post by WorTeX » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:42 am

Is there any site for really fast gaming speed? My current record for hands played in hour is 60+ with SNES emulator + Mahjong Hanjouki-game. I think Tenhou is fastest where I\'ve played, but is there even faster place for playing against other people?

Arcade
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Mahjong playing speed

Post by Arcade » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:54 am

Theres a site called Maru-Jan where 1 second per discard tables can be played, if I remember correctly. The time pool is 10 seconds.

The fast tables at tenhou are the limit for me. :woohoo:

patomaru
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Mahjong playing speed

Post by patomaru » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Off topic, but the first time I played tenhou, I didn\'t really look at the game names and just clicked the one with the most players and was like Jesus, this fast. I don\'t even have time to think. This is worse than fight club. Then after the game finished I realized that I had joined the fast tables. Oops.

Which was kind of like the time I went to a restaurant in Japan and ordered a beer with this long exotic name in katakana with my friend and when it came we both took a sip and were like man this is some weak tasting beer till we looked at the menu again and actually read the name this time: \"Non-alcohol beer\". Last time I took the easy way out before ordering stuff from the menu.

Anyway, as Arcade said. Fast tables on Tenhou are about (well actually just above) my limit. Being able to long think at least once a game like in fight club would be a life saver sometimes though.