Mahjong Parlors in Niigata

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

Johnstonjamese
Junior Reacher
Junior Reacher

Mahjong Parlors in Niigata

Post by Johnstonjamese » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:50 am

Hey guys,

I just read some articles about various styles and types of Mahjong parlors, and I just wanted to ask if anyone knew any beginner friendly parlors in Niigata. I`ve been playing for about six months, and think i`m ready, so i want to try out some low stakes games.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jamie

deJENNerate
Mahjong Pro
Mahjong Pro

Re:Mahjong Parlors in Niigata

Post by deJENNerate » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:53 am

Hi Jamie,

I just found a parlor when Greedence and his friend were searching (they just got to Niigata last week) and found this No-Rate parlor. It might be good to get used to the \"free\" environment before even putting money on the game:

Niigata Kenkou Mahjong Kyoushitsu

I couldn\'t find any 30-yen Mahjong parlors around Niigata, but if you want to try 50-yen (ten-go) It\'s probably about 3000-4000yen per game when you bust out.

Maybe you can get together with the guys from Kasu and start some regular games in Nigata!

Greedence
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Greedence » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:38 pm

Talking about regular guys from Kasu .... I landed in Niigata this week and I´m looking for some Mahjong games are you in ?

Johnstonjamese
Junior Reacher
Junior Reacher

Post by Johnstonjamese » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Unfortunately I live on Sado Island (lol) so I only make it to the mainland about once a month. But if we were to coordinate a game sometime I may be able to make it.