Kazoe Yakuman

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

HotelFSR
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Kazoe Yakuman

Post by HotelFSR » Sat May 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Just won a game on Toupaiou with this little badass as the dealer:

Reach (1)
Red Five (1)
Dora Pair (2)
Full Flush (6)
Double Double Runs (3)

= 13

Counted Dealer Yakuman! Has to be the favorite hand I\'ve made.

Winning by Ron on the 7-dot after discarding a 4-dot was sweet!

Guess it wasn\'t even that far off from Big Wheels had I drawn sixes and reached on 9-dot which would have been one of the rarest possible hands. This must be up there though! I don\'t even think Toupaiou counts Big Wheels.

zzo38
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:Kazoe Yakuman

Post by zzo38 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:01 pm

Even if you don\'t count Big Wheels (I don\'t like to count All Green or Big Wheels, they are already worth a lot anyways), it would still be riichi tanyao ryanpeikou chinitsu (and pinfu if you had a chance set up your waits correctly)

HotelFSR
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re:Kazoe Yakuman

Post by HotelFSR » Sun May 03, 2009 6:51 pm

It was counted as yakuman, since Toupaiou does accept counted yakuman hands.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Kazoe Yakuman

Post by or2az » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:05 pm

Pretty sure this is my first one of these. Had to look it up. (Barticles Guide p.58)
Riichi, Ippatsu, CSD, Pinfu, Ittsu, Chinitsu, and a Dora. 13 han, wow!
It was South 4th and I was in 3rd place, as East. 48,000 pts helped. Looks nice, too.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (144.39 KiB) Viewed 14816 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (150.17 KiB) Viewed 14816 times

Iapetus
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: Re:Kazoe Yakuman

Post by Iapetus » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:35 pm

zzo38 wrote:Even if you don\'t count Big Wheels (I don\'t like to count All Green or Big Wheels, they are already worth a lot anyways), it would still be riichi tanyao ryanpeikou chinitsu (and pinfu if you had a chance set up your waits correctly)
Big wheels will always get pinfu; the hand can be interpreted as having a ryanmen wait for ryanpeiko no matter what.

Why would you not count Ryuuiisou as yakuman? It can earn as little as 2000 points, and most would probably be around 5200 without the yakuman. That's very different from Big Wheels which is 24000 guaranteed. In fact, Ryuuisou's 2000 is the lowest possible score for a yakuman hand without the yakuman.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 pm

Nine months later, (to the day), and I finally got my 2nd one of these.
phpusjiQkAM.jpg
phpusjiQkAM.jpg (27.32 KiB) Viewed 14524 times
phpDk3T4nAM.jpg
phpDk3T4nAM.jpg (20.64 KiB) Viewed 14524 times
Unfortunately, I kanned the south wind earlier (boy, that was dumb!)
Fortunately, I got 2 dora because of that (boy, that was lucky!)

I have a question. What would this hand have been if I would have kept the pong of south winds concealed and not called the kan?
Would it just be Su Anko for the same amount of points instead of all those yaku adding up.
I would lose the dora but gain a menzen tsumo (CSD) and an extra han for a concealed honitsu.

Also, might I not have gotten the yakuman at all (if I did that) since I disrupted the flow by getting the supplemental tile from the dead wall?
(I've been watching too much Saki)
phpQjGnWNAM.jpg
phpQjGnWNAM.jpg (8.52 KiB) Viewed 14524 times
Last edited by or2az on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

BailandoTotoro
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by BailandoTotoro » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:58 am

Slightly off topic, but as the hand above, I was wondering if the big exposed kan of south wind be considered a concealed triplet as well. Technically u can't have a big exposed kan unless u have a concealed triplet. Sorry if this sound dumb!

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:38 am

I was wondering if the big exposed kan of south wind be considered a concealed triplet as well
I'm afraid not. It was a concealed triplet when it was in my hand but when I called that 4th south wind, it became an exposed kong, which can be considered an exposed triplet.
The hand ended up as follows:
Pong of seat wind (north), round wind (south), and white dragons--- 3 han
3 concealed pongs (triplets) of west, north, and white dragons-------2 han (no south listed here)
Toi-Toi, 4 pungs and a pair, open or closed-----------------------------2 han
Honroto, all terminals and honors, open or closed----------------------2 han
Honitsu, half flush, one suit and honor tiles, open----------------------2 han
2 dora tiles, the one dots---------------------------------------------------2 han

Incidentally, if you don"t already know, the red dot in the middle of the white dragon is an optional rule called haku pocchi. It is a wild card only after riichi and with ippatsu, otherwise, just a regular white dragon. I only use one.

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:22 pm

If you keep the hand closed, you have 1-dot 1-dot :south :south :south :west :west :north :north :north white-dra white-dra white-dra

That makes Suu Ankou yakuman with 1-dot or :west IF BY TSUMO ONLY! By ron, that triplet is considered exposed (without the hand being exposed too), For the two yakuhai (if ronning 1-dot ) or three (if ronning :west ), San Ankou, Toi toi, Honroutou, Honitsu. So a Baiman with 10 han, or Sanbaiman with 11 han. Guaranteed Sanbaiman with Riichi, with the chance of hitting the Kazoe Yakuman on an ura-dora.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Understood......except for
For the two yakuhai (if ronning 1-dot ) or three (if ronning :west )
Wouldn't it be three either way, north (seat wind) ,south (round wind), and the white dragons?

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Ah, yes. My bad. For some reason I thought West was your seat. That makes it simpler. Sanbaiman if won by ron, unless an ura-dora is hit for a Kazoe Yakuman. Suu Ankou if won by tsumo.

BailandoTotoro
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by BailandoTotoro » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:03 pm

or2az wrote: I'm afraid not. It was a concealed triplet when it was in my hand but when I called that 4th south wind, it became an exposed kong, which can be considered an exposed triplet.
The hand ended up as follows:
Pong of seat wind (north), round wind (south), and white dragons--- 3 han
3 concealed pongs (triplets) of west, north, and white dragons-------2 han (no south listed here)
Toi-Toi, 4 pungs and a pair, open or closed-----------------------------2 han
Honroto, all terminals and honors, open or closed----------------------2 han
Honitsu, half flush, one suit and honor tiles, open----------------------2 han
2 dora tiles, the one dots---------------------------------------------------2 han

Incidentally, if you don"t already know, the red dot in the middle of the white dragon is an optional rule called haku pocchi. It is a wild card only after riichi and with ippatsu, otherwise, just a regular white dragon. I only use one.
Thanks or2az for your answer! Sorry for the late response. Thanks again for the breakdown of the hand and especially for the explanation on haku pocchi. However regarding the haku pocchi, if I'm understanding what you said correctly, it's a good old white dragon and only becomes a wild card after you riichi, is that right? I'm a bit confused about the ippatsu part, do you mean it only becomes a wild card if it meets both requirements: after riichi and getting an ippatsu as well? Thanks again.

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Senechal » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:28 pm

Haku-pocchi is after riichi, as a self-pick. Ippatsu is an added bonus.

BailandoTotoro
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by BailandoTotoro » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Thanks Senechal for your response. So the white dragon becomes a wild card after riichi, but what's with the "as a self-pick" part? Sorry for asking progressively dumber question. :(

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Senechal » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:52 pm

To be honest, I have no clue if it counts if someone discards it for a ron win. You would have to ask someone who has actually used them to clarify that, if necessary.

All I know is that it isn't linked to ippatsu, three turns later, the wild card still works.