"Saki" Anime Character Mahjong Set...

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

oxoboxo
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:"Saki" Anime Character Mahjong Set...

Post by oxoboxo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Speaking of anime sets, I found a Touhou mahjong set in Akihabara which really intrigued me: Image (This isn\'t the exact one, but a Touhou one nonetheless)

The price? $400 USD

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by hirohurl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 pm

I have posted the Saki 1.5 MJ set on the Tripleclicks garage sale site. You can check it out here:

http://www.trker.com/go/45283

It\'s going for much less than $1,000!!

hoojoe
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by hoojoe » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Gah! If only I hadn\'t just bought a new set... -_-+

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:

Post by Tang » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:32 am

hirohurl wrote:I have posted the Saki 1.5 MJ set on the Tripleclicks garage sale site. You can check it out here:

http://www.trker.com/go/45283

It\'s going for much less than $1,000!!
OH MY GOD! IT\'S ONLY 250~ DOLLARS! If it isn\'t too troublesome, can you take close up pictures of the set? I am VERY interested. What was the difference between the 2.0 set and the 1.5 set again? The 2.0 set is cute, but the 1.5 set has that special Saki tile! Is that the only differences? Or are the pictures different too? Reply soon!

Also, all I have to do is sign up to the site and order it? Or do I have to PM you directly?

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:

Post by hirohurl » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:28 am

And that $250 includes international shipping by Express Mail Service!!

Yep, I got you a bargain... BUT... I someone seems to have bought it already... I\'m just waiting for confirmation from TripleClicks.

I think it is worth my trying to find some more of these, but it might take a while to grab such a good bargain again for you...

I didn\'t even have a chance to blog about it... but I will do so and post some images too.

DH

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:

Post by hirohurl » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:46 am

Wait a minute... I have already posted a photo of the tiles on this blog:

http://japanese-games-shop.blogspot.com ... ts-on.html

If you click on the picture of the Saki tiles you should get a BIG version of the photo to look at.

To answer your questions about the sets, the Red-5 seems to be the real distinguishing feature of this set, but I have not got around to comparing the tile faces of the two sets yet.

Please go through Tripleclicks for sets offered on Tripleclicks, but of course feel free to PM me on this site.

Cheers,

DH

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:

Post by Tang » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Oh sorry about that. I have a question, what are the 4 tiles beside the chun?

Get back to me if it hasn\'t been sold yet! I guess It is my fault for not getting it asap, should\'ve figured that it\'d get sold in a day or two. :(

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re:

Post by Barticle » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:50 am

Tang wrote:I have a question, what are the 4 tiles beside the chun?
Traditional Chinese MJ sets include two sets of four bonus tiles - flowers and seasons. These aren´t used in Japanese MJ (they add a significant luck factor to the game) but since the red fives in a Japanese set only take up four spaces in the pack you tend to get one group of four bonus tiles too.

The four tiles in the pic are (from the top) Spring, Summer, Autumn (or Fall! :P) and Winter. These would usually be removed before play.

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:

Post by hirohurl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Hang in there Tang, the person who \"bought\" the set has not sent in payment...yet... It\'s just a waiting game now. I\'m not sure how long Tripleclicks will wait for payment before making the set available again...

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:

Post by Tang » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:08 pm

hirohurl wrote:Hang in there Tang, the person who "bought" the set has not sent in payment...yet... It\'s just a waiting game now. I\'m not sure how long Tripleclicks will wait for payment before making the set available again...
*Crosses fingers*

Although, the only difference is one tile, and I\'m basically paying an extra 75 dollars for one tile. I still want it for the collection quality! Although, I\'m surprised that they changed a 1.5 to 2, only taking one tile out. Have you found out any differences yet? I think I\'m going to buy the 2.0 as a gift for a friend of mine, as well as this 1.5, if I can. One for him one for me! If that doesn\'t work out, I\'ll just buy one 2.0 and just use that set every time we play at his house, haha.

I\'m starting up a local club in my area, Toronto, with a friend of mine. I\'m going to need more sets when we have everything set up. When that happens, I know who to go to!

dragonpride0
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:

Post by dragonpride0 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:53 am

The other difference I read on Animate\'s website. The other difference is that the backs of the tiles will be blue instead of pink like the 1.5 set was.

Here\'s Animate\'s link to the set.
http://www.animate.co.jp/special/saki/index.html

You can also get the set from these places.

http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/pr ... s_id=23253

http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=90001615

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:

Post by hirohurl » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks for the info. I haven\'t yet seen a 2.0 set. So it has blue tile backs and no special 5 tiles... and going for around $140 at the moment.

===
BTW, the sale was confirmed on the 1.5 set. I\'ve got my eye out for some more.

Aetheron
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Aetheron » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:10 am

First of all, I should probably introduce myself as the person who bought the Saki 1.5 set. Yeah...

OK...with that out of the way, for those of you looking for the Saki 1.5 set because of the special red five...if you look at the anirena link for the 2.0 set that was poster earlier, don\'t they show that bonus red 5 in a small bag as some kind of promotion? Am I wrong?

Finally, seeing as there were 1.5 and 2.0 sets, I assume there was a 1.0 set...does anyone know about it or have any pictures?

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by hirohurl » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi Aetherton,

Thanks for purchasing the 1.5 set!

I found out yesterday that there IS a 1.0 set... No sign of the extra tiles though.

dragonpride0
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by dragonpride0 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:22 am

Some things came up and I happen to get an extra Saki 2.0 set. I was wondering of anyone would be interested in getting one. If not, then I\'ll probably put it up on eBay.

I\'ll be getting my set in by this weekend or so. So I\'ll post some picture of the set so you can compare it with the 1.0 and 1.5 sets.

Also, from what I\'m reading from the Animate website, the 2,0 set does also include red fives and season tiles. Although I can\'t say much about the 2nd red 5 and the keychain pouch.