"Saki" Anime Character Mahjong Set...

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

"Saki" Anime Character Mahjong Set...

Post by hirohurl » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Barticle was asking about new trends on another thread and this morning I received an enquiry about this set, which will be released on 25th August...

The theme of the set is \"Saki-chan\" the animation character.

Any Saki fans around here?

The set looks like a lotta fun. Here are the 5-Coins:

The set can be pre-ordered on Amazon.co.jp. Check it out here:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-langu ... uage=en_JP

No overseas shipping, so if you want a set, PM me on the forum or contact me via the contact form on my website and I\'ll arrange it for you (while stocks last)!

Cheers for now!

David H

wyce
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:"Saki" Anime Character Mahjong Set...

Post by wyce » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 am

haha wow, cute stuff.

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tang » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 am

That IS cute! However, from the amazon shop, I don\'t seem to see that last 5 coin, are there other variations of this set being sold elsewhere?

I\'m a Saki fan, sooo I\'m interested. Is it limited edition? Also, if I were to purchase it how much would it cost in total, Canadian? Your site seems to be down at the moment, sadly.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 pm

I was hoping really for more confectionery-based options. ;)

And I think these are cuter-er!

http://www.hellokittyzone.com/hello-kitty-mahjong-set/

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:

Post by Tang » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:09 am

Barticle wrote:I was hoping really for more confectionery-based options. ;)

B-b-but Hello Kitty isn\'t about Riichi! Saki is, so it wins!

Pekepan
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:

Post by Pekepan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:02 am

Tang wrote:
Barticle wrote:I was hoping really for more confectionery-based options. ;)

B-b-but Hello Kitty isn\'t about Riichi! Saki is, so it wins!
QFT!!

TropicSmoothie
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:

Post by TropicSmoothie » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:21 am

So much.. pink..

If I weren\'t a guy I\'d probably buy one of the sets, but wow. That\'s very girly. I\'ll stick to my regular yellow backed tiles, along with my Washizu tiles.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re:

Post by Barticle » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:06 pm

Tang wrote:B-b-but Hello Kitty isn\'t about Riichi! Saki is, so it wins!
Okay - a good point, well made! I must admit that I´d only heard of Akagi before, didn´t know about Saki.

I concede. (Although the HK set is still cuter!)

I was just looking at the Saki set on Amazon. The Craks suit looks cool - what is that? A penguin?

According to Wikipedia there\'s a Saki mahjong video-game in production so I´ll keep an eye out for that.

Pekepan
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:

Post by Pekepan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:30 pm

That penguin belongs to the girl who\'s on the 1crak tiles. It\'s supposed to give her super mahjong concentration power :woohoo: When she plays while hugging it, even pros look at her game and go :ohmy: (in a good way)

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: "Saki" Anime Character Mahjong Set...

Post by Barticle » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Cool! I wish I had a magic mahjong penguin... *sigh*

:silly:

It looks like the video-game is a special version of the networked Sega MJ4 arcade game. Would be nice to get a home version...

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:

Post by hirohurl » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Tang wrote:I\'m a Saki fan, sooo I\'m interested. Is it limited edition? Also, if I were to purchase it how much would it cost in total, Canadian? Your site seems to be down at the moment, sadly.
Both my Japanese games sites are back up - I was moving them to a new webhost. A few graphics have gone AWOL, but apart from that most of the stuff is back!

Here\'s the Japanese Saki-chan website, but no mention of the mahjong set on it:

http://www.saki-anime.com

I\'d like to find out more about that cute Red Five tile that isn\'t in the set shown on Amazon...

Tang - I\'ll send you a PM about the cost of getting a set from Amazon.co.jp to you in Canada.

Cheers for now,

DH

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: Saki MJ Sets...

Post by hirohurl » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Okay, a bit more info...

The set I linked to earlier is the \"Version 2.0\" set that goes for around $100 on Amazon.co.jp.

There is one 1.5 version available second hand on Amazon for approximately $600 ... AND (get this), a 1.5 set sold on Yahoo auctions for $1,000 - check this link:

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g78153857

Phew!

And it seems that the special \"Red Five\" comes with the 1.5 version as an additional tile along with one other.

DH

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tang » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:58 pm

hirohurl wrote:Okay, a bit more info...

The set I linked to earlier is the "Version 2.0" set that goes for around $100 on Amazon.co.jp.

There is one 1.5 version available second hand on Amazon for approximately $600 ... AND (get this), a 1.5 set sold on Yahoo auctions for $1,000 - check this link:

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g78153857

Phew!

And it seems that the special "Red Five" comes with the 1.5 version as an additional tile along with one other.

DH
Wow! Oh well, I don\'t have that type of money to blow on a MJ set, but that special red five was really appealing!

I\'m going to assume that the 2.0set is limited edition as well? Financially I\'m a little tight, so I\'d like to be able to purchase it later when rent and everything clears up. However, if it\'s limited edition and I can only get it ASAP, I guess I\'ll have to try and muster up the cash! Please do tell if you know more details in the future! Thanks~

hirohurl
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by hirohurl » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 pm

Wow! Oh well, I don\'t have that type of money to blow on a MJ set, but that special red five was really appealing!

I\'m going to assume that the 2.0set is limited edition as well? Financially I\'m a little tight, so I\'d like to be able to purchase it later when rent and everything clears up. However, if it\'s limited edition and I can only get it ASAP, I guess I\'ll have to try and muster up the cash! Please do tell if you know more details in the future! Thanks~
Hi Tang,

I\'m bidding on a 1.5 set right now, not that I am going to spend $1,000 on a set either, but you never know, maybe there will be no takers and I\'ll get it at a reasonable price!

The 2.0 sets on Amazon won\'t be dispatched until late August. I have pre-ordered a few sets.

DH

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tang » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:03 am

hirohurl wrote:

Hi Tang,

I\'m bidding on a 1.5 set right now, not that I am going to spend $1,000 on a set either, but you never know, maybe there will be no takers and I\'ll get it at a reasonable price!

The 2.0 sets on Amazon won\'t be dispatched until late August. I have pre-ordered a few sets.

DH
Hmmm, alright alright! I guess when you know the exact price I\'ll be paying, shipping and all, give me a PM! Also if you can, since the picture on Amazon doesn\'t really show the tiles so well (small), when they arrive, take some close ups of the tiles! Thanks!