Come play with me on Jan Ryu Mon!

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Come play with me on Jan Ryu Mon!

Post by Tang » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:05 am

I didn\'t know where to post, so I\'ll post on both subsections.

So me and my friends have gotten Jan Ryu Mon working, and so far it\'s been pretty fun. However, since it\'s only the 4 of us, sometimes we\'re lacking one or maybe two players when we\'re itching to play!

So if anyone wants to come play with me and my friends, send me a PM and I\'ll give you my email + instructions on how to get it working! Unless you already have so, then just my email, haha.

Riichi!

Asa
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Come play with me on Jan Ryu Mon!

Post by Asa » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:09 pm

I\'ve been playing on there a lot recently. I swear most of the people I\'ve played so far have the devil\'s luck, but good for practice I guess.

I pretty much figured out my way around the chat interface and messaging (as long as a name doesn\'t have kanji --excluding ones in the same channel).

pid: tsukira

question: maybe you know the difference between the two available starting game types? From what I can tell
left (red) seems to be a shorter game with 20,000 and
right (blue) seems to be longer with 25,000

but apart from that, nothing really specific.

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tang » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Asa wrote:I\'ve been playing on there a lot recently. I swear most of the people I\'ve played so far have the devil\'s luck, but good for practice I guess.

I pretty much figured out my way around the chat interface and messaging (as long as a name doesn\'t have kanji --excluding ones in the same channel).

pid: tsukira

question: maybe you know the difference between the two available starting game types? From what I can tell
left (red) seems to be a shorter game with 20,000 and
right (blue) seems to be longer with 25,000

but apart from that, nothing really specific.
I was playing today, and disconnected at the very end waiting for a single red dragon, I was also first! Then I disconnected on the very first hand, Riichi gods are basically saying "Don\'t play today!"

From what I recall, the left one is a 1 hanchan game and the right one is two hanchans.

ID: Miyanaga
My friend is nodochii, lol!

HotelFSR
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by HotelFSR » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:29 pm

?

On the left is \'tonpuusen\' i.e. quarter game, one round, east only, whatever you want to call it.

On the right is \'hanchan\' i.e. half game, two rounds, east-south, etc.

wyce
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by wyce » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:02 pm

i\'ll give it a try, how do i \"get\" there?

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tang » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:50 pm

HotelFSR wrote:?

On the left is \'tonpuusen\' i.e. quarter game, one round, east only, whatever you want to call it.

On the right is \'hanchan\' i.e. half game, two rounds, east-south, etc.
Thanks for the clear up, I have barely touched up on terminology, nor can I read...yet.
wyce wrote:i\'ll give it a try, how do i "get" there?
http://syberw.blogspot.com/2009/05/test ... rvice.html

http://janryumon.plaync.jp/index.aspx <- sign up here use the bottom left to navigate and then download.

The hardest part is going to be finding the characters for e-mail validation.

Patching is going to take awhile. The entire process, from the VPN to play, will take about 2-3 hours.

Live
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Live » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 pm

I can play too. I\'m still a noob, but i\'m improving.
Nick on JanRyuMon: Live85.
Someone is going to play within the next minutes? : )

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tang » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Aww, I just finished! I\'m heading to a friends house, maybe he wants me to play there?

Actually, I don\'t really know how the buddy list/private chat works. Someone should help us out, thanks!

Live
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Live » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Tang wrote:Aww, I just finished! I\'m heading to a friends house, maybe he wants me to play there?

Actually, I don\'t really know how the buddy list/private chat works. Someone should help us out, thanks!
I\'m not sure about the buddy list, but the private chat should be easy: right click on the nickname on channel, the second option. Also dunno if it\'s possible to chat during a match.

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tang » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Live wrote:
Tang wrote:Aww, I just finished! I\'m heading to a friends house, maybe he wants me to play there?

I\'m not sure about the buddy list, but the private chat should be easy: right click on the nickname on channel, the second option. Also dunno if it\'s possible to chat during a match.
But how do I find your name? Also, how would I know if you\'re online? Is there a /find or /whois or something similar to that function to find someone?

Live
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Live » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:34 pm

But how do I find your name? Also, how would I know if you\'re online? Is there a /find or /whois or something similar to that function to find someone?
The names should appear on the list on the left, scroll down. I\'m online now :)

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tang » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:37 pm

Live wrote:
The names should appear on the list on the left, scroll down. I\'m online now :)
Can\'t play right now though, that\'s the problem. :(

Live
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Live » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Can\'t play right now though, that\'s the problem. :(
we\'ll play another time then : )

wyce
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by wyce » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:16 pm

nvm i got it working, the site is down for maintenance

Asa
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Asa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:42 am

Yeah, the kanji for the image verification was a pain for me.
Luckily most of the ones I got came from katakana syllables and all of the basic alphabet can be found http://www.linguanaut.com/japanese_alphabet.htm with the ability to copy and paste so long as you have the language pack installed.

Sending pm\'s is simple enough. Either click the name on the left or click the button directly left of the chat input and choose the second option. Type the name in the first box and msg in the second.

Also you can use CTRL+S for say, CTRL+W for whisper, CTRL+R reply and CTRL+H for... global (I think)

Friends list, I have no idea... or if it even accepts roman characters for /commands.

Setting up a private game, I sort of understand, though joining it and setting the options (aside from east only and east/south) I\'m completely lost.