mahjongtime hand question

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

justfunest
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

mahjongtime hand question

Post by justfunest » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:09 pm

I sometimes cant mj on mahjongtime
Last situation was this on image. Can anyone explain why i couldnt mj.. it autopassed

http://jump.fm/CHYPX

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:mahjongtime hand question

Post by Poochy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:57 pm

I can see a couple reasons why:

If you didn\'t Riichi, then I think you don\'t have any yaku. I\'m not sure how MahjongTime displays a Riichi, though - I don\'t see a rotated discard, but I also see some other nonstandard indication methods, particularly the tile placement for a kan.

Secondly, I assume the 1-crak discard came immediately before the 7-crak. The 1-crak would\'ve allowed you to win:
2-crak 3-crak 4-crak 2-bam 2-bam 2-bam 4-crak 5-crak 6-crak 6-dot 7-dot 8-dot 1-crak 1-crak
Thus if you passed on the 1-crak, you\'re furiten.

deJENNerate
Mahjong Pro
Mahjong Pro

Post by deJENNerate » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 pm

My understanding is that on MahjongTime, that \"Ready\" tile means that you reached, so that isn\'t the problem.

I\'d have to say that Poochy\'s theory about the furiten (missed win) 1c is the most likely problem. The board is really hard to read for me since I don\'t play CO rules. It doesn\'t look like a riichi game at all... But with all of the calls from the player to your right, it\'s hard to say if the 1c came before or after Riichi, even if the tile was turned sideways like it\'s supposed to be.

I would send this problem to MahjongTime directly and ask them to take a look at their Riichi board.

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Yes that \"ready tile\" means the player reached. The problem is certainly the furiten.

Jenn, I comfort you, not playing CO rules is not an handicap to read the board:
Even at CO, kongs didn\'t look like this and the river is not 8 tiles long. So playing CO is no help.
The 2 dots in the board center is probably the last discard, but I\'m not sure from which player it comes.

By the way, who is East and what round it is?
Who\'s turn it is?

When I see this screen-shot, I think I well spend the last two years by NOT going on MJT.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world