Tenhou scoring quiz has a bug.

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Tenhou scoring quiz has a bug.

Post by Referee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi there. I failed in my attempt to take a screenshot, but here is the hand.

Closed 2-crak 2-crak 1-dot 1-dot 1-dot 9-dot 9-dot red-dra red-dra red-dra
Open :north :north :north (Not round or seat wind)
Ron 2-crak
No dora in hand.

I put it at 60 fu, 3 han, 7700, but tenhou called it 5 han (Chun, Toitoi, San Ankou), Mangan.
But if I understand rules right, ryanwan set is open, as is pei of course, so it doesn't qualifiy for San Ankou.

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: Tenhou scoring quiz has a bug.

Post by Senechal » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:48 am

Please make an effort for the screenshot. Otherwise, it's hard to believe that an open hand with no kan is worth 60fu. (The absolute max I can see being made is 52, and that's really overdoing it: 20+8+8+4(open)+8+valuepair+tsumo would forcibly be toi-toi, honroutou, mangan++.

Closed, Closed, Open triplets of terminals: 20fu
Base: 20fu
Shanpon wait, no value tile pair: 0fu
Ron: 0fu

Total: 40fu.
EDIT: 2m open triplet = 2fu. New total = 42fu. Rounded up to 50.
Last edited by Senechal on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audacity
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by audacity » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 am

Posting about that here is kind of meh because not everyone posts on the forums here. Well Sen does, but that's about it really. Just a friendly reminder.

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:31 pm

And 2 for the triplet of 2-wan. I may have answered wrong. Tenhou didn't correct my fu count because it doesn't count fu when the hand reaches 5 han.

I for some reason started with 30 base fu, so 60 fu. In any case, it would be 50 fu, 3 han, 6400. The point of this thread is not that I was right, but rather than tenhou was wrong. We could be both wrong. Thanks for your kind words, seneschal.

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:17 pm

In such case a screenshot would be more than welcome.

If it's all as you said, the hand worth 42 fu (round up to 50) 3 han and Tenhou bugs.
If you made a little mistake (like North kan or tsumo instead of ron), Tenhou may be right.
A North kan would make the hand score 54 fu 3 han. Not a mangan normally, but some people would count mangan for 60 fun 3 han hands. (I don't think Tenhou does this anyway.)

If you are sure of you, you should report it to the Tenhou staff.

(My post may look over-suspicious, please take no offence. It's just hard to believe a well-known long-living software will have this kind of bug.)
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm

The hand is like I posted. I tried to get a screenshot but didn't manage to with this ubuntu thing, so I posted the hand directly after that.

Tenhou broke it down (it does that when you're wrong) as Chun, Toitoi, Suu Ankou. It didn't break down my fu because it ignores fu when you get 5+ han. As I said, I got 52, rounded to 60, but I was wrong here. I assigned 30 futei. The hand was ron, not tsumo, and tenhou gave payments as 8000, not 4000/2000, so that confirms ron.

How do I report them?

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:40 am

I assume you mean this quiz: http://arcturus.su/tenhou/scorequiz/

The scoring quiz has a known bug where a kotsu (in a shanpon wait) completed via ron counts as an an-kou instead of a min-kou. I reported it last August, UmaiKeiki acknowledged the bug, but it still wasn't fixed yet the last time I checked.