Just Been Destroyed by 6 Dan Tenhou Players...

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

GGnores
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Just Been Destroyed by 6 Dan Tenhou Players...

Post by GGnores » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 pm

I came in 4th with 7700 points...I think. When I played with them, I noticed a few things. Half the time, they go for Dama-Ten. Other half they reached. They were building hands extremely fast. I was almost always a bit slow (1 shan ten before they reached). There were so many instances of reach where I had to fold against them. Reaching obviously did not work against them, and they usually got their hands to tenpai when a draw occurred even after I reached. The only exception was when I reached with a 9-dot while having 2 7-dot 's already (Chi Tois). Then I got to San An Kou tenpai and they never ended up dealing in, despite being in Dama-Ten. Other times, you would have random tsumos. What really brought me down was the beginning, where I dealt into a 7700 point hand (that and dealing into another hand through a suji trick). After that, I could not recover. Is there any tips to dealing with all this? I know that part of it was luck that I got to 4th place, however it feels like I've hit a wall. How should I improve my Mah Jong from here?