I actually did a Saki!

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

I actually did a Saki!

Post by Goldeneye » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:56 pm

I am not sure if one can use "Saki" in that sort of reference, but two days ago, it happened...

I managed to score after the hanchan, after all losses, wins, noten bappu payments, riichi payments, et al - a net score of zero! That's right, 25,000 to start, 25,000 to end. And where I pulled this off (Janryumon) - some can say that I did a double Saki, since I netted a difference of zero of whatever "virtual" currency is run in Janryumon - since that was good for second place, so I got 5,000 as uma payment from the 3rd place player.

Has anyone else actually done a Saki?

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: I actually did a Saki!

Post by Barticle » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:50 pm

It's not so rare really. As Hisa observes in chapter 2 (manga), any final score between 29,600 and 30,500 pts will be rounded to zero.

If you did it on purpose, in four consecutive matches, finishing with a rinshan win, then that would be more impressive. ;)

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Then he'd be Saki herself. :P

Uma complicates the issue, since you really end up looking for (with Tenhou's big uma), 19600 to 20500 for 2nd place.

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:57 am

Barticle wrote:It's not so rare really. As Hisa observes in chapter 2 (manga), any final score between 29,600 and 30,500 pts will be rounded to zero.

If you did it on purpose, in four consecutive matches, finishing with a rinshan win, then that would be more impressive. ;)
Actually, it would have been eight consecutive matches, since it was a hanchan, not a tonpuusen.

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:10 am

Barticle wrote:It's not so rare really. As Hisa observes in chapter 2 (manga), any final score between 29,600 and 30,500 pts will be rounded to zero.

Bart is right.

There's a tenhou player called 宮永咲 (Miyanaga Saki) who has completed a few: http://arcturus.su/tenhou/ranking/ranki ... 8%E5%92%B2
(It almost looks like s/he was trying for it ever since the beginning as most of the results are near 0 in the first place. But somewhere along the way decided to play mahjong to win)

I have done a few +-0 back in the time:

http://arcturus.su/rondb/entry.pl?id=42 ... b1e5f23566
http://arcturus.su/rondb/entry.pl?id=64 ... 6c6141940c

And I still haven't uploaded the rest, but still.
I also recieved the "Unmovable as the Mountain" title in Janryuumon for doing an exact +-0 in the Jukuren tables.

Also, this person did a rinshan kaihou to end +-0 in one of my games:

First, dealt into my kokushi musou:

Then, he did a rinshan kaihou to end in exactly 25000 points:

These things just happen.

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:23 pm

xKime wrote: I also recieved the "Unmovable as the Mountain" title in Janryuumon for doing an exact +-0 in the Jukuren tables.
Oh dang, the table I did it at Janryumon wasn't at the Jukuren tables - I guess you only get titles when playing in Jukuren tables (except the default one).

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:44 am

Goldeneye wrote:
xKime wrote: I also recieved the "Unmovable as the Mountain" title in Janryuumon for doing an exact +-0 in the Jukuren tables.
Oh dang, the table I did it at Janryumon wasn't at the Jukuren tables - I guess you only get titles when playing in Jukuren tables (except the default one).
Precisely.

Aduil100
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Aduil100 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 am

For those of you who plat at janryumon if you'd like to add me I'm Aduil100. Hopefully we can play some games together!