So close and yet so far! (Well, not THAT close, but still)

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

So close and yet so far! (Well, not THAT close, but still)

Post by Referee » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:28 am

Why do these things need to happen? This one made me sad. OK, it was late in the hand, and still ryanshanten, but still that was quite the blow.

Note that kamicha's wait still dooms my attempt to failure. Oh well...

ghostdragon
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: So close and yet so far! (Well, not THAT close, but stil

Post by ghostdragon » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:47 am

yes unfortunely guys, i think that was so close, i never got such this hand. it must hurt you so much lol. but for example if you only tenpai 6 character before he kon 6 character, and when he make concealed kon 6 charcater, could you still rob it like 13 orphan does?

kylone
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by kylone » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:53 am

ghostdragon wrote:yes unfortunely guys, i think that was so close, i never got such this hand. it must hurt you so much lol. but for example if you only tenpai 6 character before he kon 6 character, and when he make concealed kon 6 charcater, could you still rob it like 13 orphan does?
As far as I know, robbing a concealed kan is only allowed on certain hands (like 13 orphans, on a single wait), and only if that rule is in play.

ghostdragon
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by ghostdragon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:20 am

kylone wrote:
ghostdragon wrote:yes unfortunely guys, i think that was so close, i never got such this hand. it must hurt you so much lol. but for example if you only tenpai 6 character before he kon 6 character, and when he make concealed kon 6 charcater, could you still rob it like 13 orphan does?
As far as I know, robbing a concealed kan is only allowed on certain hands (like 13 orphans, on a single wait), and only if that rule is in play.
Ok, got it bro

Aduil100
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Aduil100 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Hate to break it to you but I was closer.. I was tenpai for it.. and rather quickly too.. within the first row of discards... but some guy went riichi and tsumo'ed a haneman... Sigh..