All-Day Riichi at the Bs!

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

wavemotion
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

All-Day Riichi at the Bs!

Post by wavemotion » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Had friends over to play All-Day Riichi. We started at 1PM and finished just after 9PM (with take-out for dinner). Got in a full Hanchan followed by food then a Quarter Game to cap things off. I had my best game - with 4 continuances and some big hands (2x Mangan and 1x Baiman open Full Flush with several Dora). It was a real pleasure playing with folks that knew the rules really well - I've been teaching the game so much I forgot what it's like not to have 45-60 minutes of teaching followed by the typical slower turns as new players come to grips with the game.

We've got our next teaching game in 3 weeks - hope to rope 2 more into the joys of the game. It's a never ending quest but someone has to do it :)

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re: All-Day Riichi at the Bs!

Post by xKime » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 am

Mahjong and BS go hand in hand like bread and butter.

Kyuu
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Re: All-Day Riichi at the Bs!

Post by Kyuu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:51 pm

xKime wrote:Mahjong and BS go hand in hand like bread and butter.
I had to drive through a thunderstorm last night in order to get to mahjong club. I was rewarded with a rinshan haneman. 8)
wavemotion wrote:We've got our next teaching game in 3 weeks - hope to rope 2 more into the joys of the game. It's a never ending quest but someone has to do it :)
Keep it up. I may hope to swing by the Boston area m'self. :mrgreen: