Jan Ryu Mon

http://janryumon.plaync.jp/

Moderator: Shirluban

nikolis
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Jan Ryu Mon

Post by nikolis » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Guys I don\'t know but the game works totaly fine for me with no vpn program, proxy settings or something like that.
Well I don\'t why is this happening but i can load the game everytime without any of these and normaly play ranked games.

Eh...also i would like to know about the point system that i think they use.
I read somewhere that you start with some points and you lost them you have to refill them in the site.

Does anyone know about this and if it does how do we do it??

Thnk you :)

EDIT:

Btw I don\'t know how to record a video.Does anyone know
For example what\'s saying in this picture?
http://tinyurl.com/yl6dyxn

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:17 pm

nikolis wrote:Guys I don\'t know but the game works totaly fine for me with no vpn program, proxy settings or something like that.
Well I don\'t why is this happening but i can load the game everytime without any of these and normaly play ranked games.
Hm. I just tried the JanRyuMon site without VPN, and it works now. Seems they fixed their routing problems. It wasn\'t always this way, for a while, you\'d get connection errors if you didn\'t use VPN.
Eh...also i would like to know about the point system that i think they use.
I read somewhere that you start with some points and you lost them you have to refill them in the site.

Does anyone know about this and if it does how do we do it??
At least during the beta, you started with 10,000 points (I think), and you would gain/lose 10 points for every 100 points you won/lost in a match, including the uma and oka. You needed to have at least 5,000 points to join a ranked table; if you had less, you had to go on the site and click on a button to recharge your total back to 5,000.
Btw I don\'t know how to record a video.Does anyone know
For example what\'s saying in this picture?
http://tinyurl.com/yl6dyxn
It\'s asking for a replay code. Not sure if that\'s a code to get you an item to let you save replays, or a code for a specific replay to watch.

Ruro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Ruro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:34 am

It just timeouts to me if i try to launch the site without the VPN (so they from certain countrys you still cant see the site or play) and if i use the VPN it just says that it cant connect to the update server and refuses to start the launcher. Seems like i can go back to the good old 2D then, and only because the game sites routing is just perfect...

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by chalwa » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:26 pm

It\'s not countires problem but with some internet providing servers. I cant connect from home, but from university I can. Whats more interesting, my friend have same internet provider as me but, he is living in other part od Warsaw, and he can connect without problems. So I dont know what exactly is problem but its very strange :/

Light
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Light » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:05 am

I live in cali and even the packetix vpn stopped working to launch the game about 4months ago. I went on vacation to hk and china in december and I can launch the game without any problems there. Hope there\'s a new method soon for U.S players, so much for getting to 4th dan with like 300k points :(

nikolis
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by nikolis » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:44 pm

Can someone translate these??

I think it\'s some options for the video.
Please translate as much as you can.
I want to make a janryumon tutorialabout how to play :).

Thanx a lot!!

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:23 am

nikolis wrote:Can someone translate these??

I think it\'s some options for the video.
Please translate as much as you can.
I want to make a janryumon tutorialabout how to play :).

Thanx a lot!!
I can\'t read some of the tiny kanji, but basically, it\'s asking for any filters you want to search for replays.

The whole box, from top to bottom (including the circled part):
Date recorded:
[2000/01/01] ~ [2010/02/07] (Example: 2009/01/01)
Date of match:
[2000/01/01] ~ [2010/02/07] (Example: 2009/01/01)
Game mode: [] Public [] Friend
Type of match: [] Tonpuusen (East round only) [] Hanchan (East and South rounds)
Search tags:
Row 1, left to right:
Yakuman
Buttobi (game ended by someone\'s score hitting zero or less)
Champion (?)
(???)
Row 2, left to right:
Dan rank
Multiple players won off the same discard
(???)
(???)
Row 3, left to right:
Jantama (Jan Ryu Mon\'s in-game currency/points - the green number on your profile)
Dora
Complex yaku combination (?) (Might also be "composite yaku". That first kanji is too small for me to see, but the last two are something about yaku combinations.)
First Anniversary (?) (first memory? first commemoration? Kanji too small again.)

Below is a text box to search for the explanation text. (For the replay you have highlighted in the background, the "explanation" field is the one to the right of "nikolis".)

And the 3 buttons at the bottom are, from left to right: Reset, Search, Close.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 pm

A couple of suggestions...

Row 1, number 4 could be Kamihitoe which means \"paper-thin\" - i.e. games where the scores are close.

Row 2, number 3 could be \"notable victories/defeats\" or \"notable contests\".

Try them and see what you get. :silly:

Johnstonjamese
Junior Reacher
Junior Reacher

Post by Johnstonjamese » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 am

Hey guys, i\'ll update my faq in the next few days with your requests. Sorry it took me so long to see this thread.

Greedence
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Greedence » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:39 pm

I can confirm the strange connection problem, here in Austria at the same town its on some places possible, other not.

I doubt that they do that on purpose, I guess its more a DNS problem.

The reason why you have to use the IE might be the buggy Javascript code

I hope they will fix these problems soon, cause it looks promising. (It reminds me on MJ4 by Sega)

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:45 am

Greedence wrote:
The reason why you have to use the IE might be the buggy Javascript code
Actually, the reason why you have to use IE is because of their ActiveX kludge.
Basically:
1. The game EXE does not run by itself. It needs to be fed a login cookie, or else it just gives an error message and closes. Why they didn\'t think to just make the game executable ask for a login and password is beyond me.
2. The ActiveX plugin to launch the EXE and feed it your login cookie from your browser only works in IE.
3. They added some really badly programmed JavaScript to enforce the IE-only restriction.

I have to wonder who let THAT through quality-check? Somewhere, a computer science professor is crying over this.

Greedence
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Greedence » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:39 pm

Another translation question:
I reached the 6 kyu now (or I guess its the kyu) and therefore the second row is available now when I choose to play against real players over network. (You know, the box with the 4 buttons, left one is for half hanchan, right one for full hanchan)

What are exactly the new options here? I guess again Full/Half Hanchan, but is it for ranking points, money? honor ? Whats the difference here. Or is it just a barrier so that \"noobs\" don´t get frustrated while playing against \"better\" player ?

thx

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:12 am

Back when I played, the tables lower down the list were for higher stakes, for the points that you could use to buy accessories. (Last time I checked, those points are shown in green on your profile box in the lower right corner at the main menu.) Not sure if it\'s still the same, but that\'s probably it.

Greedence
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Greedence » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Thx I will try that

Ruro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Ruro » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:35 pm

the \"new\" buttons are for rated, play (whatever that means) and can only be accessed by 25000 or more points. But is seriously don\'t have a clue as of how day work cause i dont really have 25000 for trying it
(back when i started janryumon i got like 50K points but i all spend that on accessory\'s cause there were no rated tables at that time, and now im just stuck around 20000 ,sometimes loosing sometimes winning some points to that...)
Also this whole active X business is because of the whole game being available in net-cafes at japan (but my guess could still be wrong)
And yea that tiny kanji is kyuu thats the first \"rank\" thing.
The thing that i couldn\'t figure out its that there is a rating below your name which ranks you for attack , defense and something else. I figured out that the red means attack and the blue apparently meaning prevent(defense thing) but i couldn\'t figure out the green bar (it\'s just too calligraphic ...)