Cheaters on Jan Ryu Mon?

http://janryumon.plaync.jp/

Moderator: Shirluban

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Cheaters on Jan Ryu Mon?

Post by Poochy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:38 am

Ever since I managed to get back on the Jan Ryu Mon server about a week ago, I\'ve noticed that there\'s often one player at my table who will have the most ridiculous luck. We\'re talking Amae Koromo luck, and riichi + ippatsu + menzen tsumo on a tanki wait luck. I thought at first that it was just random chance, but over the last about 20 matches or so, it\'s become a disturbing trend, with at least one player at nearly every table having that kind of luck.

Then I checked the leaderboards on the Jan Ryu Mon web site, and a couple things caught my eye. In particular, there\'s a player named 房州さん who has an average rank of 1.64 and wins 41.34% of all hands he plays, first place on both the average rank and win rate leaderboards, and far clear of second place (1.83 and 35.40%, respectively, by two different players). I think he/she\'s been there and maintained those kinds of stats for a couple days now, too. (Note that to be eligible for Jan Ryu Mon\'s leaderboards, you need to have played at least 50 matches, and one match in the past 7 days.)

So, is it just me, or have any other Jan Ryu Mon players notice the same kind of stuff lately? And does anybody else suspect there are cheaters who have recently figured out some kind of exploit in the game? I remember reading that Tenhou used to have a flaw that allowed players to get the random number generator seed and calculate the order of all the tiles in the wall ahead of time, and I suspect Jan Ryu Mon might have suffered a similar fate.

Monadology
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Cheaters on Jan Ryu Mon?

Post by Monadology » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:57 pm

I\'ve experienced this as well. In fact, the game won\'t let me play anymore because my total points went below 5,000 which resulted from an inordinate number of opponents getting double reaches, big menzen tsumos while I was dealer etc..., the final nail in my coffin being a direct hit from a limit hand early game.

Games used to be relatively steady, now one person tends to dominate at each table. Not that I can observe any further thanks to being locked out.

Druft
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Druft » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:48 pm

After you go under 5000 point, it will show you to the webpage, where you just need to add more points, which will bump you back to 7000. When you try to enter a game, it should automatically give you the link.
And for the original subject, yeah usually 1 player does dominate the table. Wouldn\'t mind otherwise, but when a player gets 4 instant tsumos in a row... kinda starts to bug you.

July
Junior Reacher
Junior Reacher

Post by July » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:48 pm

And with the graphics on Jan Ryu Mon, you can see their hand switch the tile in real time. :D

Monadology
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Monadology » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Druft wrote:After you go under 5000 point, it will show you to the webpage, where you just need to add more points, which will bump you back to 7000. When you try to enter a game, it should automatically give you the link.
Thanks! I figured since it took me to the online shop that they were expecting me to pay for more points or something.

Light
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Light » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:00 pm

I kinda noticed this as well, but I always thought it was complete luck since I gotten those kinda koromo amae kind of luck before. Ive also seen a few updates for the game the past couple months maybe theres some items you wear that adds those kind of luck? Not sure since I can\'t read japanese someone fill me in on whats the updates for. I can\'t remember the last time I got 1st on a hanchan, it goes like this. Whenever I\'m dealer some guy would pull a richii within the 5th turn then ippatsu tsumo for a haneman or higher when for some reason I can\'t get tenpai in less than 15 turns in any of the hands.

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:08 am

Light wrote:Ive also seen a few updates for the game the past couple months maybe theres some items you wear that adds those kind of luck? Not sure since I can\'t read japanese someone fill me in on whats the updates for.
According to the game manual, the only currently-listed effects items can have on gameplay are:
1. Add 1 to the number on the lower-right button ("shoukou", I think; kanji means "think for a long time"). You can click it once per hand, which sets your turn time limit to 10 seconds for that turn. You can click it however many times the number shows at the start of the match. I\'m not sure if the item is only good once or once per match.
2. Extra EXP when you win a match.

The latest update is on updates to the game manual pages, detailing the tile shuffle algorithm (which is basically the same as Tenhou\'s, with less detail on the pseudorandom number generator) and the algorithm that determines which play style the game categorizes you under. Updates before that are on technical difficulties.

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:00 am

If you\'ll excuse the double post, I think I figured out what might be responsible for the trend of one player dominating at each table.

A tip to would-be cheaters: If you\'re going to have two people colluding to discard tiles that the other wants to call, it might make it a little less obvious if you don\'t have THE EXACT SAME AVATARS.

mfujiy
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mfujiy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:39 am

Do you think there is some kind of algorithm which simulates \"nagare\" on janryumon? :unsure:
I\'m in a bad luck moment (4-BU-4-BU-BU) and I suspect janryumon is giving me the worst tiles...