Janryumon's update to Shin JRM as of earlier this week

http://janryumon.plaync.jp/

Moderator: Shirluban

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Janryumon's update to Shin JRM as of earlier this week

Post by Goldeneye » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Well, this most recent update of Janryumon has a lot of bells and whistles to it, and I think unless I am missing something, has become more of a "pay" service, since there is a new form of currency that looks like to be some form of tickets, and to play in any mahjong game except for AI games, you will need tickets for them and the only way (I know of) so far to get more tickets is to buy them with kaimo (real money).

With that said, I did start with 6400 tickets - not sure if everyone got the same number, or was it based on something...

I am not even sure if you will get refills of tickets and if so, how frequent.

Also, everyone starts with a clean slate as of Tuesday morning Japanese time in terms of statistics for the Shin Janryumon. Also after a hand which results in a win for somebody, detailed statistics of the hand (including fu counts as well) get noted.

Someone with a better command of the Japanese language can fill in...

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: Janryumon's update to Shin JRM as of earlier this week

Post by Goldeneye » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Okay, I found out something new - if you get first place (at least in a four player hanchan), you get the tickets that you spent for that game back. Not sure if it applies to every game where tickets are spent.

Haven't played against the AIs yet, but it doesn't cost anything to face off against the AIs, even though this arguably is less enjoyable, IMO.

Iapetus
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Iapetus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm

I've heard you can get tickets by completing daily challenges.

sasuraiger
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sasuraiger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 am

I started with around 15,000 but I had a lot of league tickets built up from events, and I think Shin JRM converted them all into game money. There are a huge amount of grind-for-money events, like the weekly bingo grid, but the rewards there are kind of absurdly low for what they want you to do. The middle box on my bingo card is "GET A YAKUMAN". Another is shou sangen, another is sanshoku doukou It's theoretically possible for this stuff to happen to a person, but nobody's going to be able to actually pay for all of their games just by placing first and doing these events.

I dunno what happens when you get down to zero, but I get the feeling that's the point at which you'll just have to decide to pay up. Even formerly pay items are now buyable with game cash, so what else could they make money on, right? Can't say I blame them for this: nothing else JRM has tried has really worked.

edruro
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by edruro » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Implementing a pay system seems fair to me, the problem is that foreigners can't pay even if they want to. I'm currently paying the 525 ¥ subscription for Tenhou because they support Paypal and I'd not mind to pay a similar amount for Janryumon.

umaso
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by umaso » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 pm

How can you deactivate the time limit in the A.I. mode? I didn't find the option, but it should still be there right?

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 am

Serves it well anyway. Why pay 150JPY per game for that crap server when you can have unlimited tenhou or ronron for 525JPY a month. (Says number 13 in JRM Tonpuusen ranking)

Goldeneye
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Goldeneye » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Actually, yesterday SJRM gave me 500 more ticket units - so I think you will get a refill of tickets, not sure if it is based on how many games you play that previous week or it is a fixed 500 per week.

edruro
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by edruro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:47 pm

I also received 500 play points. Don't know why.

Good Loser Kumagawa
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Good Loser Kumagawa » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Hey, I am kind of new to his whole thing and in particular this platform. I registered for Shin JRM and was enjoying playing some matches against the AI for practice. Now all of a sudden today it's saying to play against the AI I need 100 of one of the types of currency. Is it not free to play against the AIs?

xKime
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by xKime » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:24 pm

No, it is not free, in a way.

You have two types of currency:

Table Rake and Dragonballs (I'm not even kidding). While you receive some Table Rake when you register, you must spend money to refill it. Dragonballs, however, are something you just gain from every game and you don't really buy. To play any given game, you use rake. However, to play against the AI you only use dragonballs. So, no, it is not free. Also, common sense here, those games give you EXP, so it is not like you could SPAM them forever.

The solution is evident: Play some ranked games.