Tenhou.net handles list

http://tenhou.net/

Moderator: Shirluban

Yttrasil
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Tenhou.net handles list

Post by Yttrasil » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:56 am

Finally I reached(bad joke) 5th dan and a rating of 1931! Took me quite some time but it feels awesome... funniest thing happened while i tried to get it too. One round when I needed the win to get it I had 40200P and the 2nd one had like 24600 and it was the last round... I throw the Ton the dealer ends up Kanning it getting a tsumo from the dead wall on a single wait on 1p thus managing to get 4 points and 12k points taking the lead from me by 400 points and winning. THAT SUCKED, was so pissed since I was certain I was gonna get there...

Then round after even 2nd place would do so I took it easy and played safe mostly and got a big lead, then one hand I started throwing middle tiles and ended up getting tempai for kokushimusou, waiting on the last 9s while the dealer had riiched thought it would be a cool way to get to 5th dan since I\'ve also never gotten the hand :) Too bad I didn\'t get it and the dealer won on tsumo, but I got the win in the end of the game anyhow... so yaaay =) HAPPY! :lol: :lol: :lol: :woohoo: :woohoo:

KawamuraReo
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by KawamuraReo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Um...

I do not really play Tenhou on the Free Lobbies, as I usually only play with people I know in the Private Lobbies which do not contribute anything to your public ranking...

I have two handles, trance and 川村玲緒

Tha_Reaper
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tha_Reaper » Mon May 18, 2009 4:43 pm

i started playing mahjong 4 days ago, and i registered on tenhou.
My handle is ReaperD

although i\'m quite succesfull against bots, real opponents is a whole different story. I still suck at calculating the scores, and organising a good hand, so i end up in furiten every so often. So far i only came in last :)

does someone know of a list that has the scores from tenhou translated? I find it best te learn scores when i can see which hands i, and the others made, and look at the scoring, and then try to figure out how certain points are scored.

Ruro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Ruro » Mon May 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Well if you want to know what are those kanji-s that the game writes just see the reachmahjong home page\'s Japanese glossary, pretty much every thing you need is written there in kanji too :) as for the scoring, well yea it can be a pain to learn the way to count the points. I tend to just count the yaku of the hand and then I just leave it for the game to count the fu and the ten for me. Anyway this fun little document http://rs382.rapidshare.com/files/87162 ... ng_1.5.doc helped me much when I started the game, it\'s not that great at all but I liked it. A good way is to screenshot every winning hand from your online matches and then just use the image to look and count the points han and such.

Tha_Reaper
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tha_Reaper » Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 pm

that table helped a lot. thanks! ive run through all my previous games on tenhou now, and i think i understand the scoring a lot better now (still dont know what tenhou sais, but i get the same han when i count it up myself ;)

sorry for the little offtopic

Ruro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Ruro » Fri May 22, 2009 8:08 pm

I\'m happy it was helpful for you Reaper :) anyway i forgot that this is a handles list so i might as well write that i play by the name Ruro (written in hiragana) on Tenhou, usually on the low level tables that even i can access :)

tyblazitar
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by tyblazitar » Tue May 26, 2009 7:47 pm

\"tybbern\" here, as my entire nick was too long. I\'ve been playing for a month or two, but I\'m still pretty bad, as I have problems reading waits at tenhou speed, and those \"pon\" and \"chi\" buttons often tempt me more than they should. At 2. kyu atm, ranking around 1300 or so.

hoojoe
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by hoojoe » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Tenhou: hoojoe

Just signed up on there a few days ago. I like it a lot more than mahjongtime.com.