http://tenhou.net/

Moderator: Shirluban

BailandoTotoro
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Tenhou Login "Problem"

Post by BailandoTotoro » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi all,

I've been playing on Tenhou for couple of months now and everything runs fine except for one little "problem" (more of an annoyance than a real problem hence the quotation marks). So here is what happened, every time I log in to play on Tenhou I always have to use the long Tenhou ID instead of my registered username (thankfully my computer saved the ID so I didn't have to enter it every time.) My username has a capitalized first letter, so I thought that might be the problem and create a new account with all lower case letters - same problem! Is that how it is for everyone or is it just me? Thanks!

Iapetus
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: Tenhou Login "Problem"

Post by Iapetus » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:03 pm

You have to use the long ID. If could login with just the username, anyone could steal your account. Because your computer saves it, it shouldn't even bother you.

BailandoTotoro
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by BailandoTotoro » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:04 pm

Nevermind guys, I got it. If only the username is needed then anyone can log into your account since Tenhou doesn't require a password. DUH!!!!! Sorry!

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Senechal » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Those IDs remain active as long as they are used more than once every 6 months.

You might send youself an e-mail to keep a reference of it, or put it in a browser bookmark (don't do just that, I had to delete my browser once)... but with 3.15 million IDs in use (projection, 3.00 million this July), everyone will want to make sure they can use and keep their name.

BailandoTotoro
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by BailandoTotoro » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks everyone!

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:52 am

If I went past those six months, is there some way to recover it, or shall I just create a new one?

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Senechal » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:00 am

Create a new one and hope it isn't taken between now and then.

I had access to "mittens", an account that was made, got banned in 48 hours after a 400-0-0-0 record (R3083, did it make it Tenhoui? I don't remember)... after it fell into inactivity, someone else grabbed it, and then fell inactive again.