http://www.ron2.jp/

Moderator: Shirluban

jcr661
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Yet another ron2 n00b question

Post by jcr661 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Greetings,
have only been playing mahjong riichi for about 4 months now, and i must say that this site has been very helpful. Been studying the Japanese language for 2 years so kanji is still not part of my vocabulary yet.
i am jcr661 on ron2.

My question is concerning the button next to the auto play button. it highlights certain tiles as they are being played, but i can\'t seem to catch the patten of the highlighting.
Sometime it will highlight the discarded dora tiles or tiles that have been discarded for the first time.

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:Yet another ron2 n00b question

Post by chalwa » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Do you mean show tsumo-giri button (first from left)? If yes then it shows which tiles were discarded not from hand but were drawn and discarded in same turn (meaning that there was no changes made in players hand). But you say button next to auto-play, and next to this button there are two: kyuushukyuhai (you can press it wen you can and want to redeal, when you have 9 different terminals and honors), and options button, when pressed you can chose some game options. Everything is expalained here: http://www.reachmahjong.com/home/index. ... Itemid=110

jcr661
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by jcr661 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:51 pm

Tsumo giri eh.
Yes, that was the button i was talking about.
So, the conspicuous tactical purpose are seeing when a player is ready as he is continually discarding \"highlighted\" tiles.

Hmm, That seems at face value to be a pretty powerful tool to a novice at least.

Am i missing something, or does it serve additional purposes.

jcr661
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by jcr661 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:20 pm

Never mind.
its just so hard to see when tile was discarded from a hand because they are played so fast its just a out of courtesy.