Help with Mahjong Fight Club DS

http://www.konami.jp/mfc/

Moderator: Shirluban

dwillems
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Help with Mahjong Fight Club DS

Post by dwillems » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:13 pm

I recently got Mahjong Fight Club for my DS. I don\'t read Japanese (besides ron, riichi, pon, chi etc..). I\'ve been able to sort of click around and find myself in games (I\'ve played computer versions of Jenn and Garthe!), but I was wondering if anyone would be able to guide me through a bit more of the game and its options. I\'m sure I\'m missing a whole lot of things.

The only guide I\'ve found so far is here:

hianhwee.livejournal.com/281520.html

which has been very helpful for getting into the game but doesn\'t really explain any of the features, or even what the menu options are along the top of the main playing screen.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

David

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:Help with Mahjong Fight Club DS

Post by chalwa » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 pm

I have Mahjong fight club for PSP. I dont know how different it is but i;m working on figuring out those options and stats. So some help would be nice. I will post some screens and what I have done so far, as soon as my exams end (dont have too much time now)

dwillems
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by dwillems » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Anyone who can figure out the top options? I know the yellow one is \"Automatic Ron/Tsumo\"

Thanks!

- David

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by chalwa » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:11 pm

After yellow autowin you have 鳴無 which means \"no call\" so if you have it on you cant make pon/chi (like \"through\" スール on ron2) naxt one green button is extendig time for thinking, you can use it one time per hand (it gives like 10-20 sec more), the last one blue gives you info which player is which wind, and their points etc.
EDIT: hmm, it seems that forum dont support writing in japanese, so instead of kanji those numbers appeard...

dwillems
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by dwillems » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:39 pm

Thank you!

What does the button on the far left do?

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by chalwa » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:36 pm

The first on left is in katakana \"komando\" so it means command. I dont have it on PSP but i think its just lable that says that commands are following: autowin, no call, etc... So you shouldnt be able to click on it, but if you can then maybe some more command will appear, you have to check it.

dwillems
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by dwillems » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Yeah I wasn\'t able to click on it. Thanks again!

Tom Sloper

Post by Tom Sloper » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:16 am

You can only click Command when there\'s an available command option. For instance, when you could kong or tsumo but for some reason the kong or tsumo option wasn\'t presented to you - or when you could riichi but you chose not to the last turn.

If Command can\'t be clicked, the game won\'t let you do the thing you thought you ought to be able to do, because it\'s against the rules.

I had that happen to me just last night. There was a furiten, so I wasn\'t permitted to tsumo. I think I missed another player throwing a tile I could have won on. Command wouldn\'t work for me in that case.

I can help with more stuff on that game if you put up pictures. David, have you gotten to the mode where you play against the pros (including Jenn) and advance in rank? It\'s a little tricky to learn how to get into that mode in the first place, but it\'s my fave mode now.
4649おねがいします。

dwillems
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by dwillems » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Cool. Yeah i finally figured the Command button out as well.

Yes I\'ve been very sloooooowly climbing the ranks. Made ti past the first ten ranks and now am trying to get past that first dragon rank.

It\'s also been fun to play against other people online.

There seems to be some other mode where you\'re supposed to fulfiull some situation requirements or something (it looks like a constellation on the screen). But I\'m not sure what the various \"quests\" are other than trying to keep winning!

It\'s a very fun game.

HotelFSR
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by HotelFSR » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:55 pm

I recently got Mahjong Fight Club DS and I\'m loving it.

The only dissapointment is that the AI seems too easy, at least in the Pro CPU mode. Only the 9th Dan/5 star players seem to provide any consistent challenge. I\'ve already completed the mode by collecting all the orbs and becoming 9th Dan with a combined 1st + 2nd place percentage over 65% in less than 100 games.

Online I am barely a break even player. Is it possible that the DS version is easier than other platforms like PSP because it doesn\'t have as much processing power?

Is there another mode or setting that can increase the challenge?

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:21 am

HotelFSR wrote:Online I am barely a break even player. Is it possible that the DS version is easier than other platforms like PSP because it doesn\'t have as much processing power?

Is there another mode or setting that can increase the challenge?
I think the AI algorithm is simply not that complex to begin with. It\'s quite hard to make a Mahjong AI, especially for defense. In my experience with the arcade Mahjong Fight Club, the AI\'s about the same between the DS and original arcade versions. From what I can tell, all it tries to do is decrease its shanten while keeping either menzen or one guaranteed yaku)

As far as I know, there\'s no setting that can increase the AI level.

dwillems
There seems to be some other mode where you\'re supposed to fulfiull some situation requirements or something (it looks like a constellation on the screen). But I\'m not sure what the various "quests" are other than trying to keep winning!
I can translate the missions.
The first menu has 5 categories, of which the hardest (Kouryuu) is unlocked only after completing the other four.
In order, from top to bottom, they are:
Genbu: Defense
Byakko: High yaku count
Suzaku: Win hands (hand value doesn\'t matter)
Seiryuu: High dora count
Kouryuu

Genbu Challenges:
1. Play one hand; don\'t let an opponent ron off your discard.
2. Play one hand; don\'t let an opponent ron off your discard, and finish with at least 20,000 points. (You start with 21,000 points.)
3. Play one hand; don\'t let an opponent ron off your discard, and finish in 1st place. (You start in first place.)
4. Win a hand waiting on at least two tiles.
5. Play an East round without letting an opponent ron off your discard once.
6. Play one hand; don\'t let an opponent ron off your discard, and finish in 1st place.
7. Play an East and South round without letting an opponent ron off your discard once.
8. Play an East round without letting an opponent ron off your discard once, and finish in first place.

Byakko Challenges:
1. Play one hand as non-dealer and win with a hand worth at least 900 points.
2. Play one hand as non-dealer and win with a hand worth at least 1,900 points.
3. Play one hand as dealer and win with a hand worth at least 3,900 points.
4. Play one hand as dealer and win with a hand worth at least 5,700 points.
5. In one East round, win hands totaling at least 10,000 points in value.
6. In one East round, win hands totaling at least 15,000 points in value.
7. In 2 rounds (East and South), win your way into first place starting with 5,000 points. (Opponents start with 25,000.)
8. In one East round, win your way into first place starting with 5,000 points. (Opponents start with 25,000.)

Suzaku Challenges:
1. Play one hand and win within 55 tiles drawn.
2. Play one hand and win within 47 tiles drawn.
3. Finish in first place with a time limit of 6 seconds per turn.
4. Play one hand and win within 39 tiles drawn.
5. Finish in first place with a time limit of 4 seconds per turn.
6. In one East round, win at least 2 hands.
7. Win 2 consecutive hands as dealer.
8. In one East round, and win at least 3 hands.

Seiryuu Challenges:
1. In two hands, win at least one hand with 1 or more dora.
2. In one East round, win hands with a total of 2 or more dora.
3. In one East round, win hands with a total of 3 or more dora.
4. In one East round, win hands with a total of 4 or more dora.
5. Play one East round and finish in first place with at least 30,000 points.
6. In 2 rounds, win hands with a total of 5 or more dora.
7. Play one East round and finish in first place with at least 40,000 points.
8. In 2 rounds, be in first place when an opponent busts (score of 0 or negative). Note that if you finish first without busting an opponent, that counts as a fail.

Kouryuu Challenges:
1. In two rounds, finish in first place without letting an opponent ron off your discard once.
2. In two rounds, start with 100 points and finish in first place.
3. In two rounds, win at least 5 hands.
4. In two rounds, win hands with a total of at least 10 dora.

dwillems
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by dwillems » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Wow, thank you so much Poochy!

dwillems
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by dwillems » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:17 pm

I wish I thought the AI was easy!

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by iandstanley » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Tom Sloper wrote:David, have you gotten to the mode where you play against the pros (including Jenn) and advance in rank? It\'s a little tricky to learn how to get into that mode in the first place, but it\'s my fave mode now.
Is that the one with the blue balls and the pictures of well dressed Japanese folk?

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by iandstanley » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:07 pm

I\'m in the same boat with limited Japanese Skills.

I have added a post with all the information I have gathered from this forum and across the web into a single post entry

As i get more information/additions/corrections (challenges, and options sections are incomplete for instance), I will update that post editing it so as to allow you to copy and paste into word / openoffice for easy printing

http://www.reachmahjong.com/home/index. ... 0887#50887