Mahjong Fight Club Wii?

http://www.konami.jp/mfc/

Moderator: Shirluban

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Mahjong Fight Club Wii?

Post by Poochy » Fri May 15, 2009 9:44 am

It seems there was a Wii version of Mahjong Fight Club released last month, ported from MFC7. I\'ve seen the trailer on the official site (link), but it\'s rather vague about gameplay modes and such.

The trailer does mention a few features: The assist navigator (which tells you stuff like your shanten and yaku during the hand, and how han are calculated during the display of the winning hand), a quiz mode that basically quizzes you on the assist navigator\'s information, online play, and DS connectivity.

Unfortunately, it doesn\'t mention anything that I\'m be interested in. So, does anybody have a copy of MFC Wii, and if so, what gameplay modes does it have? Specifically, does it have 3-player Mahjong, the Sanma Survival League from MFC7, and/or the event modes that occur one day a month on MFC7?

While I\'m at it, if anybody has it but can\'t read Japanese, post some screenshots and I\'ll do my best to translate.

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:Mahjong Fight Club Wii?

Post by chalwa » Fri May 15, 2009 8:50 pm

I heard about it too and was wandering if online play (with those arcade and all other mfc7 network - as mentioned in trailer) will work outside Japan? It would be grat to be able to play all those pro players on wii from (for example) Poland :]

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Fri May 15, 2009 9:28 pm

Well, MFC DS\'s online play works outside Japan, so I don\'t see why MFC Wii wouldn\'t.

From what I can tell from the trailer, it seems that online play only matches you with other MFC Wii and MFC DS players, not MFC7 arcade players. The arcade linkup simply allows you to copy your arcade data to the Wii.

gemma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gemma » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:27 pm

I *think* but don\'t hold me to this that it will only link you with other MFC Wii and DS players. However, I don\'t think there should be a problem connecting to the system from Europe!

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by iandstanley » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm

Poochy wrote:It seems there was a Wii version of Mahjong Fight Club released last month, ported from MFC7. I\'ve seen the trailer on the official site (link), but it\'s rather vague about gameplay modes and such.

The trailer does mention a few features: The assist navigator (which tells you stuff like your shanten and yaku during the hand, and how han are calculated during the display of the winning hand), a quiz mode that basically quizzes you on the assist navigator\'s information, online play, and DS connectivity.
As far as i can figure the Wii version allows a download version to be downloaded to near DS machines over the Wii wifi using DS download wifi options (similar to ds-ds download play)