Mahjong Fight Club ...... English Guide

http://www.konami.jp/mfc/

Moderator: Shirluban

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Mahjong Fight Club ...... English Guide

Post by iandstanley » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Having minimal japanese skills I learn the hard way to play japanese online and console games. One of the first things I do is try to find or piece together a guide to help me play.

This post is an attempt at a nearly complete guide in one post (or at least enough for you to play plenty of games). Further additions/comments/corrections will be edited into this single post so that you may cut/paste to a word doc to printout.

Information pulled from a number of sources (including this forum)

Mahjong Fight Club Guide

1. Start Game
  2. Quick play

Shows player information including name, location, playtime, worldwide ranking, individual ranking

1. Individual Challenge
  2. Worldwide Challenge
  3. Missions
  4. Record
  5. OPTIONS!
A - confirm; B - return

1. one person playing
  2. DS wireless play
  3. download play

Asks you for the rules to play with
  1. Fight Club Rules (for a ranked game)
  2. Custom Rules (unranked game see below for details on custom rules)
If you select custom rules, the \"confirm rules\" box is replaced with a \"rules settings\" box, which takes you to a menu where you can modify the rules.

1. normal AI
  2. PRO AI
  3. rules confirmation

Nearly there .....

1. East wind round only
  2. East & South rounds only
This is the Starting Screen

These screens shows ranking, and game points plus at the bottom of each box the point difference from the player in 1st place. White-on-blue text is for the player currently in 1st place, yellow text is for the point difference.

Also, the top right corner says either \"CPU\" in green for computer-controlled opponents, or a region name in red for human opponents. You set the region when creating your save file.

And the in-play screen

In play command buttons:
  • Red ......... Command button
    (click on for commands like convert 4 drawn tiles to kong etc .... useful if you have pressed the wrong button and your options have disappeared)
  • Yellow ...... Auto Win (ie. Auto Ron/Tsumo)
  • Purple ...... Auto-pass
    when you have it turned on, the game won\"t ask if you want to call any tiles for chi, pon, or kan. Good for self-drawn hands
  • Green ....... Extend Thinking Time (10-20s)
  • Blue ......... Info (which player is which and score

From left to right ...
  • CHI (take the card from left player),
  • PONG (3 of a kind),
  • KAN (4 of a kind),
  • HE/RON (WIN) and
  • CI (next or donot want CHI, PONG, KAN)
Playing Wireless Worldwide

ImageImage

The first screen is the same screen after the player info.
Select the second box Worldwide Challenge

MFC Rules, Friend and Wifi settings

Options include MFC rules, friend setting and WiFi settings
(the latter two settings as per english games)

1. Friends list (upto 60 names/codes)
  2. friend code register
  3. friend code confirmation (will also show your own code)

Missions

Each Stage consists of a series of challenges with specific win conditions

Mission #1 - Black Tortoise (Genbu)

Object: to win 8 levels by playing defense and win
Challenges:
1. Play one hand; dont let an opponent ron off your discard.
2. Play one hand; dont let an opponent ron off your discard, and finish with at least 20,000 points. (You start with 21,000 points.)
3. Play one hand; dont let an opponent ron off your discard, and finish in 1st place. (You start in first place.)
4. Win a hand waiting on at least two tiles.
5. Play an East round without letting an opponent ron off your discard once.
6. Play one hand; dont let an opponent ron off your discard, and finish in 1st place.
7. Play an East and South round without letting an opponent ron off your discard once.
8. Play an East round without letting an opponent ron off your discard once, and finish in first place.

Mission #2 - White Tiger (Byakko)

Object: to win 8 levels by playing attack and win (high Yaku count)
Challenges:
1. Play one hand as non-dealer and win with a hand worth at least 900 points.
2. Play one hand as non-dealer and win with a hand worth at least 1,900 points.
3. Play one hand as dealer and win with a hand worth at least 3,900 points.
4. Play one hand as dealer and win with a hand worth at least 5,700 points.
5. In one East round, win hands totaling at least 10,000 points in value.
6. In one East round, win hands totaling at least 15,000 points in value.
7. In 2 rounds (East and South), win your way into first place starting with 5,000 points. (Opponents start with 25,000.)
8. In one East round, win your way into first place starting with 5,000 points. (Opponents start with 25,000.)

Mission #3 - Red Phoenix (Suzaku)

Object: Win hands, value doesn\'t matter
Challenges:
1. Play one hand and win within 55 tiles drawn.
2. Play one hand and win within 47 tiles drawn.
3. Finish in first place with a time limit of 6 seconds per turn.
4. Play one hand and win within 39 tiles drawn.
5. Finish in first place with a time limit of 4 seconds per turn.
6. In one East round, win at least 2 hands.
7. Win 2 consecutive hands as dealer.
8. In one East round, and win at least 3 hands.

Mission #4 - Seiryuu (Green Dragon)

Object:
Challenges:
1. In two hands, win at least one hand with 1 or more dora.
2. In one East round, win hands with a total of 2 or more dora.
3. In one East round, win hands with a total of 3 or more dora.
4. In one East round, win hands with a total of 4 or more dora.
5. Play one East round and finish in first place with at least 30,000 points.
6. In 2 rounds, win hands with a total of 5 or more dora.
7. Play one East round and finish in first place with at least 40,000 points.
8. In 2 rounds, be in first place when an opponent busts (score of 0 or negative). Note that if you finish first without busting an opponent, that counts as a fail.

Mission #5 - Kouryuu (Yellow/Gold Dragon)

Object:
Challenges:
In two rounds, finish in first place without letting an opponent ron off your discard once.
2. In two rounds, start with 100 points and finish in first place.
3. In two rounds, win at least 5 hands.
4. In two rounds, win hands with a total of at least 10 dora.

Kouryuu Mission Status

The Kouryuu missions have one mission from each of the other four categories.

The Kouryuu Lv.10 is your main game rank, and is unrelated to Mission Mode. You start off with 5 Kouryuu Orbs when you first reach Kouryuu Lv.1, and gain a level for every 5 Kouryuu Orbs you get, up to Lv.10 at 50 orbs. From there onwards, every 10 orbs gets you another level up to Lv.20 (150 orbs), and finally, every 20 orbs raises you another level up to Lv.99.

Options
Options and custom rules being compiled separately before being added here!

Credits:
  • Others in this forum, particularly Poochy for his extensive work on the missions and options
  • aHHwee\"s blog hianhwee.livejournal.com
  • Other minor reviews

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:Mahjong Fight Club ...... English Guide

Post by Poochy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:00 am

iandstanley wrote:Asks you for the rules to play with (I dont know the options so I select first box)
The first box is Fight Club Rules, which you select for a ranked game. The second box is for custom rules. If you select custom rules, the "confirm rules" box is replaced with a "rules settings" box, which takes you to a menu where you can modify the rules. Note that custom rules matches are unranked.
These screens show player name, ranking, and game points plus at the bottom of each box the ongoing match points for your league ratings.
Correction: The white-on-blue or yellow text at the bottom of the box shows the point difference from the player in 1st place. White-on-blue text is for the player currently in 1st place, yellow text is for the point difference.

Also, the top right corner says either "CPU" in green for computer-controlled opponents, or a region name in red for human opponents (yours in the screenshot says Hokkaido, for example). You set the region when creating your save file.

(In the arcade MFC, if you\'re playing against a real-life pro, they\'ll show up like their corresponding Pro CPU avatar, but their region will be replaced with 本人, which roughly means "the person him/herself". I don\'t think this is in any of the console ports, though.)
In play command buttons:
  • Red ......... Katakana / Command button (click on for commands like convert 4 drawn tiles to kong etc)
  • Yellow ...... Auto “No Call” (ie. Auto Ron/Tsumo)
  • Purple ...... ?????????????
  • Green ....... Extend Thinking Time (10-20s)
  • Blue ......... Info (which player is which and score
Purple is auto-pass; when you have it turned on, the game won\'t ask if you want to call any tiles for chi, pon, or kan.

By the way, those mission translations look like the ones I wrote a couple months ago. In which case, you left in my original copy-and-paste error on Suzaku #4, it\'s 39 tiles.

Also, your mission pictures are mixed up - you have a Byakko picture for Suzaku, and a Suzaku picture for Seiryuu.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:25 pm

iandstanley wrote:One of the first things I do is try to find or piece together a guide to help me play. [...]

Information pulled from a number of sources (including this forum)
This is a worthy endeavour which will make a useful resource. However, since it´s a collection of other people´s text and images, I really think the first update should be to add named credits to the primary contributors.

Of course the information is publicly available online but I would have asked for the authors´ consent.
Poochy wrote:Also, the top right corner says either "CPU" in green for computer-controlled opponents, or a region name in red for human opponents (yours in the screenshot says Hokkaido, for example). You set the region when creating your save file.
MFC PS3 makes you chose a prefecture to represent too. I chose Chiba-Ken, home of the Mahjong Museum. B)
Purple is auto-pass; when you have it turned on, the game won\'t ask if you want to call any tiles for chi, pon, or kan.
...and therefore the yellow button is Auto Win.

BTW what is the correct Japanese reading of the "no calls" kanji? Is it "na ase", "na shou" or something else?
Also, your mission pictures are mixed up - you have a Byakko picture for Suzaku, and a Suzaku picture for Seiryuu.
MFC PS3 has the same five categories. I see they´re named after constellations from Chinese astrology, hence the patterns of dots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Symbols_(Chinese_constellation)

In my game I seem to be affiliated with Suzaku at the moment. There aren´t any "missions" so far - I just get a purple "fight orb" each time I win a game, then when I have enough orbs I advance to the next Dan (rank).
Last edited by Barticle on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by iandstanley » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Poochy wrote
By the way, those mission translations look like the ones I wrote a couple months ago. In which case, you left in my original copy-and-paste error on Suzaku #4, it\'s 39 tiles.
Correct

As I said in the top of the post it\'s a bunch of info collated from various sources including this forum to try to get as much information in one place.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Thanks for adding the credits. B) Don´t you feel better for it?

So... the next big thing to add would be the custom rules? I´m curious to see how they compare to my PS3 version (which has 36 individual options).

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by iandstanley » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Yeah I need to get hold of screenshots for the options/custom rules pages first. Then I\'ll add them and then we can get to work on them.

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:10 am

Barticle wrote:In my game I seem to be affiliated with Suzaku at the moment. There aren´t any "missions" so far - I just get a purple "fight orb" each time I win a game, then when I have enough orbs I advance to the next Dan (rank).
Yeah, MFC affiliates you with one of the Four Gods depending on your play style when you first hit 1st Dan. Your affiliation also determines the color of your Fight Orbs.

Genbu (green) - Seldom allow opponents to Ron off your discards.
Suzaku (purple) - Win hands frequently.
Byakko (light blue) - High average han count in your winning hands.
Seiryuu (dark blue) - High average dora count in your winning hands and/or yakuman frequency.

I believe the way this works is the game has a 250-point scale for each affiliation, calculated based on your play stats (and viewable on your stats screen), and whichever one is highest when you attain 1st Dan rank becomes your affiliation.

Also, after you surpass Master rank (which is right after 8th dan), your affiliation is replaced by Kouryuu, and you start at Kouryuu Lv.1. From there, you can advance up to Kouryuu Lv.99.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Barticle wrote:MFC PS3 has the same five categories. I see they´re named after constellations from Chinese astrology, hence the patterns of dots.
I should´ve said houses or mansions (which are collections of constellations).
iandstanley wrote:Yeah I need to get hold of screenshots for the options/custom rules pages first. Then I\'ll add them and then we can get to work on them.
Can you take pics? I just use my mobile phone camera, connect to PC then transfer, crop and save.

Of course they need to be clear enough to give a detailed view of the text.
Poochy wrote:Four Gods
Wow, they feature in a lot of video games! I see they appear in Persona 4. I bought that when it came out but still haven´t started it - a proper J-RPG game is a serious commitment in terms of leisure time!
Your affiliation also determines the color of your Fight Orbs.
Yes, in MFC mode the CPU players have god affiliations too once you hit Dan level. I´d noticed that they collect orbs of different colours (to match their god).

Also when I beat a pro player in the Pro CPU mode (i.e. I come first and they come fourth) I take a golden orb from them. I think this is a "yellow dragon" orb so they must be sponsored by Kouryuu.

If a pro appears in MFC mode then you can win silver stars off them too. Each pro has 1-5 stars and when you beat them you earn the same number.
I believe the way this works is the game has a 250-point scale for each affiliation, calculated based on your play stats (and viewable on your stats screen), and whichever one is highest when you attain 1st Dan rank becomes your affiliation.
I see - my working hypothesis was that I had to complete one god, then the next, etc.

The stats page with the x/250 figures and the "diamond" graph that plots them is the only one that´s not complete for me now; I think it waits until you´ve played fifty games before the numbers are shown.
Also, after you surpass Master rank (which is right after 8th dan), your affiliation is replaced by Kouryuu, and you start at Kouryuu Lv.1. From there, you can advance up to Kouryuu Lv.99.
Okay, cool. That´s a little way off - I´m still hovering around Sandan at the moment.

Thanks for the extra info. B)

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:07 am

iandstanley wrote:Yeah I need to get hold of screenshots for the options/custom rules pages first. Then I\'ll add them and then we can get to work on them.
I can translate the rules/options pages; I\'ve got my copy of MFC DS with me right now.

Custom Rules:
Note: I\'ll list options with the default first, then in order of what you get by hitting right to cycle through them.
Common terms:
Ari = Allowed/On
Nashi = Disallowed/Off
Ryuukyoku nashi = No draw
Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi = Draw, dealer button doesn\'t pass
Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru = draw, dealer button passes to next player

Page 1: Basics
Kuitan (open tanyao): Ari / Nashi
Kuikae (can chi/pon then immediately discard a tile that would\'ve completed the same meld): Nashi / Ari

Page 2: Wins
5 honba ryanhan shibari (2 han needed to win at 5+ honba): Nashi / Ari
End on last hand win (if set to renchan shinai, the match ends if the dealer wins on the last hand and is in 1st place): Renchan shinai (no dealer continuance) / Renchan suru (dealer continues)
Multiple players win: Ari / Nashi
Draw on 3 players win: Ryuukyoku nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru
End on bust (if set to Ari, the game will end by buttobi if one or more players have a 0 or negative score at the end of a hand): Ari / Nashi

Page 3: (unknown kanji)
Starting score: 20000 / 21000 / 22000 / 23000 / 24000 / 25000 / 26000 / 27000 / 28000 / 29000 / 30000
Oka: Ari / Nashi
Uma setting, 1st place
Uma setting, 2nd place
Uma setting, 3rd place
Uma setting, 4th place
Note: You can set the uma for 1st through 3rd place; they can total up to 30,000 points. 4th place pays all uma points.

Page 4: Dora
Ura-dora: Ari / Nashi
Kan-dora: Ari / Nashi
Red 5 pin: 2 / Nashi / 1
Red 5 wan: 1 / 2 / Nashi
Red 5 sou: 1 / 2 / Nashi

Page 5: Draws
Renchan (dealer continuance) requirement: Agari renchan (must win hand for renchan) / tenpai renchan (renchan if dealer is tenpai on a draw)
No yaku tenpai (hand counts as tenpai in case of a draw even if the hand has no yaku): Ari / Nashi
No-ten bappu (the 3,000-point payment when a draw occurs): Ari / Nashi
4 players riichi: Ryuukyoku nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru
4 kan draw (Note: This does not take effect if all 4 kan are declared by the same player): Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru / Ryuukyoku nashi
4 identical winds discarded on first turn: Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru / Ryuukyoku nashi
Kyuushuukyuuhai (declare draw if you have 9 different terminals on your first turn): Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru / Ryuukyoku nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi

Page 6: Yaku
Tsumo Pinfu (if set to Ari, tsumo + pinfu is 20 fu 2 han, Nashi makes it 30 fu 1 han): Ari (tsumo + pinfu is 20 fu 2 han) / Nashi (tsumo + pinfu is 30 fu 1 han)
Riichi ippatsu: Ari (ippatsu allowed) / Nashi (no ippatsu)
Nagashi mangan: Mangan / Nashi / Baiman
Daisharin (22334455667788p): Yakuman / Nashi
Chuurenpoutou in a suit other than wan: Ari / Nashi

Page 7: Yakuman
Yakuman stacking (multiple yakumans stack, up to septuple yakuman): Ari / Nashi
Kazoe yakuman (yakuman for 13+ han total): Yakuman / Nashi
Daisuushii: Double yakuman / Yakuman
Suuanko tanki wait: Double yakuman / Yakuman
Kokushimusou 13-sided wait: Double yakuman / Yakuman
Pure Chuurenpoutou: Double yakuman / Yakuman

That should be all of them; if you press R at Yakuman, you\'re back at Basics.

Also, a small correction:
iandstanley wrote:Apparently after you clear level 10 there are another 10 levels!

Mission Overall Status
The picture you have for "Mission Overall Status" is actually your Kouryuu mission status; Kouryuu missions have one mission from each of the other four categories.

The Kouryuu Lv.10 is your main game rank, and is unrelated to Mission Mode. You start off with 5 Kouryuu Orbs when you first reach Kouryuu Lv.1, and gain a level for every 5 Kouryuu Orbs you get, up to Lv.10 at 50 orbs. From there onwards, every 10 orbs gets you another level up to Lv.20 (150 orbs), and finally, every 20 orbs raises you another level up to Lv.99.

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by iandstanley » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:23 am

I am making a start on the options ... The screen shots are quite large deliberately - I will resize them in the final version ... I may even recrop them to cut off the top screen.

For the observant, the screen shots I pulled the rom into an emulator to improve the quality (rest assured I do have the original cartridge bought on Ebay and imported from Japan)

Poochy,I will merge it back into the first entry on the thread once I have it correct and complete

Starting at the screen:

Options Screen #1

You may select the various options pages by clicking on the buttons at the top of the touch screen or by pressing the L & R buttons

If I *think* it has unlockable options, I\'ll mark them with an asterisk (*). I\'ll list all the ones I have unlocked for them, but I don\'t know which ones are available initially, nor if I lack any.

From Top to Bottom the options are:
  1. Turn time limit Nashi / Ari
    (only applies to 1-player vs. CPU matches)
  2. Cursor movement speed Fastest / Fast / Normal / Slow / Slowest
  3. Magnified tiles ON / Off
  4. Magnified tile movement direction Proper directino / Reverse direction
    (for dragging on the touch screen)
  5. CPU turn speed Fastest / Fast / Normal / Slow / Slowest
  6. Rumble ON / Off
    (only works if DS Rumble Pak is inserted)

Options Screen #2

1. Voices ON / Off
  2. Sound Effects ON / Off
  3. BGM playback mode All ON / OFF during matches / All OFF
  4. BGM during matches* Normal / Mahjong Fight Club 1 / Mahjong Fight Club 2 / Mahjong Fight Club 3 / Gradius / MSX Gradius 2 / Ganbare Goemon / Yie Ar Kung-Fu
  5. Sound mode Surround / Headphones
  6. Own Voice Man #1 / Man #2 / Woman

Options Screen #3

1. Table type* Standard table / Standard table - blue-grey color / Standard table - blue color / Standard table - grey color / Standard table - green color / Standard table - red color / Standard table - white color / Random / Simple / ??? / Plover / Genbu / Suzaku / Seiryuu / Byakko / Gold / Gradius / Akumajou Dracula (Castlevania) / Ganbare Goemon / Yie Ar Kung-Fu
  2. Tile color* Normal / Black tiles / Red tiles / Blue tiles / Yellow tiles / Random
    (can\'t figure out how to change this ... I suspect it is a suboption from the option above
  3. Discard from hand distinction OFF / ON
    (if set to ON, tsumokiri discards will be highlighted in yellow)
  4. Touch mark* Normal / Alignment (crosshairs) / Sakura / Footprint

Rule Customizations

Navigating to the rules customizations pages:

Select the bottom button to get the following screen:

This will present you with a series of rules pages that you can navigate via the L/R buttons or the buttons at the top of the touchscreen.

Use the B button to return to previous menu
Use the A button to accept all changes
Use the X button to return to the defaults

The default options are shown first in bold

Terms
  • Ari = Allowed/On
  • Nashi = Disallowed/Off
  • Ryuukyoku nashi = No draw
  • Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi = Draw, dealer button doesn\'t pass
  • Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru = draw, dealer button passes to next player

Basic

1. #1 Kuitan (open tanyao): Ari / Nashi
  2. #2 Kuikae: Nashi / Ari
    (can chi/pon then immediately discard a tile that would\'ve completed the same meld)

Wins

1. 5 honba ryanhan shibari (2 han needed to win at 5+ honba): Nashi / Ari
  2. End on last hand win: Renchan shinai (no dealer continuance) / Renchan suru (dealer continues)

(if set to renchan shinai, the match ends if the dealer wins on the last hand and is in 1st place)
  3. Multiple players win: Ari / Nashi
  4. Draw on 3 players win: Ryuukyoku nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru
  5. End on bust: Ari / Nashi

(if set to Ari, the game will end by buttobi if one or more players have a 0 or negative score at the end of a hand)
Tensuu Keisan (points calculation/count)

This page governs the Uma scoring system
  1. Starting score: 20000 / 21000 / 22000 / 23000 / 24000 / 25000 / 26000 / 27000 / 28000 / 29000 / 30000
  2. Oka: Ari / Nashi
  3. Uma setting, 1st place, +5000
  4. Uma setting, 2nd place, 0
  5. Uma setting, 3rd place, 0
  6. Uma setting, 4th place, -5000
Note: You can set the uma for 1st through 3rd place; they can total up to 30,000 points. 4th place pays all uma points.

Dora

This page governs the use of dora tiles (including the use of red fives)
  1. Ura-dora: Ari / Nashi
  2. Kan-dora: Ari / Nashi
  3. Red 5 pin: 2 / Nashi / 1
  4. Red 5 wan: 1 / 2 / Nashi
  5. Red 5 sou: 1 / 2 / Nashi

Draws

This page governs tenpai and other considerations in the event of a draw
  1. Renchan (dealer continuance) requirement: Agari renchan (must win hand for renchan) / tenpai renchan (renchan if dealer is tenpai on a draw)
  2. No yaku tenpai (hand counts as tenpai in case of a draw even if the hand has no yaku): Ari / Nashi
  3. No-ten bappu (the 3,000-point payment when a draw occurs): Ari / Nashi
  4. 4 players riichi: Ryuukyoku nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru
  5. 4 kan draw: Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru / Ryuukyoku nashi
    (Note: This does not take effect if all 4 kan are declared by the same player)
  6. 4 identical winds discarded on first turn: Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru / Ryuukyoku nashi
  7. Kyuushuukyuuhai: Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru / Ryuukyoku nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi
    (declare draw if you have 9 different terminals on your first turn)

Yaku

1. Tsumo Pinfu: Ari tsumo + pinfu is 20 fu 2 han) / Nashi (tsumo + pinfu is 30 fu 1 han)
    (if set to Ari, tsumo + pinfu is 20 fu 2 han, Nashi makes it 30 fu 1 han)
  2. Riichi ippatsu: Ari (ippatsu allowed) / Nashi (no ippatsu)
  3. Nagashi mangan: Mangan / Nashi / Baiman
  4. Daisharin (22334455667788p): Yakuman / Nashi
  5. Chuurenpoutou in a suit other than wan: Ari / Nashi

Yakuman

1. Yakuman stacking: Ari / Nashi Turning to Nashi changes Kazoe yakuman to Nashi
    (multiple yakumans stack, up to septuple yakuman)
  2. Kazoe yakuman: Yakuman / Nashi
    (yakuman for 13+ han total)
  3. Daisuushii: Double yakuman / Yakuman
  4. Suuanko tanki wait: Double yakuman / Yakuman
  5. Kokushimusou 13-sided wait: Double yakuman / Yakuman
  6. Pure Chuurenpoutou: Double yakuman / Yakuman

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 pm

Poochy wrote:End on bust (if set to Ari, the game will end by buttobi if one or more players have a 0 or negative score at the end of a hand): Ari / Nashi
Ohhh! So essentially it´s Dobon! This was the one rule which I didn´t understand. It´s given in hiragana as "Buttobi" in the PS3 version but I had no idea what this meant! Good to have that sorted. :)
I can translate the rules/options pages; I\'ve got my copy of MFC DS with me right now.
This is great, Poochy. I remembered you saying that you had the DS game so I figured that you would have worked out the rules already.

The rules list is very similar to MFC PS3, there are only a few little differences. I get two options for starting score (hanchan is 25k by default and ton-puu (east-only) is 20k (which gives a big Oka!)). I only have one rule for kan/ura dora. The options for Agari Yame are just ari/nashi. Finally the rule about Chuuren is for Manzu Gentei (manzu limited) so I think it´s Craks-only when ari.
Page 3: (unknown kanji)
It says Tensuu Keisan which means points calculation/count.

I assume, as with the PS3 version, that the default settings are also the fixed rules in MFC mode.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:23 pm

iandstanley wrote:I am making a start on the options ...
I recognise several of the options (I´ve translated all mine) but of course I won´t know all the settings available so I´ll leave this for Poochy and then chime in afterwards as usual. :)
For the observant, the screen shots I pulled the rom into an emulator to improve the quality (rest assured I do have the original cartridge bought on Ebay and imported from Japan)
Good job, they´re very nice pics.
Poochy wrote:Yakuman stacking (multiple yakumans stack, up to septuple yakuman): Ari / Nashi
I was aware of the concept of yakuman stacking but I didn´t know you could get that many.

I was just thinking (fantasizing) about this and I guess you could get seven like this (if you have double yakuman turned on).

If you had these tiles on your first draw...

:east :east :east :east :south :south :south :west :west :west :north :north :north red-dra

...and declared a concealed kong, drew a wind, made a kong, drew a wind, made a kong, drew a wind, made a kong and then finally drew another red drag you could get:

2 Dai Suu Shii
1 Tsuiisou
2 Suu An Kou tanki wait
1 Suu Kantsu
1 Chiihou

*drool* :lol:

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by iandstanley » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Barticle wrote:For the observant, the screen shots I pulled the rom into an emulator to improve the quality (rest assured I do have the original cartridge bought on Ebay and imported from Japan)
Good job, they´re very nice pics.
[/quote]

I plan to re-do the the original photos of aHHwee as they do show signs of reflection etc.

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:15 pm

Here\'s my best attempt at the options screens. Also, I\'ll bold the default option.

If I think it has unlockable options, I\'ll mark them with an asterisk. I\'ll list all the ones I have unlocked for them, but I don\'t know which ones are available initially, nor if I lack any.

Page 1: (unknown kanji)
Turn time limit (only applies to 1-player vs. CPU matches): Ari / Nashi
Cursor movement speed: Fastest / Fast / Normal / Slow / Slowest
Magnified tiles: ON / OFF
Magnified tile movement direction (for dragging on the touch screen): Proper direction / Reverse direction
CPU turn speed: Fastest / Fast / Normal / Slow / Slowest
Rumble (only works if DS Rumble Pak is inserted): ON / OFF

Page 2: Voices
Voices: ON / OFF
Sound effects: ON / OFF
BGM playback mode: All ON / OFF during matches / All OFF
BGM during matches*: Normal / Mahjong Fight Club 1 / Mahjong Fight Club 2 / Mahjong Fight Club 3 / Gradius / MSX Gradius 2 / Ganbare Goemon / Yie Ar Kung-Fu
Sound mode: Surround / Headphones
Own voice: Man #1 / Man #2 / Woman

Page 3: Visuals
Table type*: Standard table / Standard table - blue-grey color / Standard table - blue color / Standard table - grey color / Standard table - green color / Standard table - red color / Standard table - white color / Random / Simple / ??? / Plover / Genbu / Suzaku / Seiryuu / Byakko / Gold / Gradius / Akumajou Dracula (Castlevania) / Ganbare Goemon / Yie Ar Kung-Fu
Tile color*: Normal / Black tiles / Red tiles / Blue tiles / Yellow tiles / Random
Discard from hand distinction (if set to ON, tsumokiri discards will be highlighted in yellow): ON / OFF
Touch mark*: Normal / Alignment (crosshairs) / Sakura / Footprint
Barticle wrote:2 Dai Suu Shii
1 Tsuiisou
2 Suu An Kou tanki wait
1 Suu Kantsu
1 Chiihou

*drool* :lol:
Actually, if I\'m not mistaken, a kan would disqualify Chiihou, so that would "only" be a sextuple yakuman. I can think of two combinations that would produce a septuple yakuman, and I think these are the only two possibilities:

Daisuushii (2) + Tsuuiisou (1) + Suuankou tanki machi (2) + Suukantsu (1) + Paarenchan (1) = 7x yakuman
Daisuushii (2) + Tsuuiisou (1) + Suuankou tanki machi (2) + Tenhou (1) + Paarenchan (1) = 7x yakuman

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:47 am

Poochy wrote:Here\'s my best attempt at the options screens. Also, I\'ll bold the default option.
Excellent list, as always!
Page 1: (unknown kanji)
They say Sousa which means "operation".
Actually, if I\'m not mistaken, a kan would disqualify Chiihou,
Oh yeah... chii/pon/kan disallow Chiihou just like they do Ippatsu.
so that would "only" be a sextuple yakuman.
Heh! :laugh: Yes, quite unimpressive! :silly:
I can think of two combinations that would produce a septuple yakuman, and I think these are the only two possibilities:

Daisuushii (2) + Tsuuiisou (1) + Suuankou tanki machi (2) + Suukantsu (1) + Paarenchan (1) = 7x yakuman
Daisuushii (2) + Tsuuiisou (1) + Suuankou tanki machi (2) + Tenhou (1) + Paarenchan (1) = 7x yakuman
Ah yeah, I was forgetting about Paarenchan. I see it´s allowed in MFC - it´s listed on the yakuman stats page.

Speaking of which, I got my first (in MFC) yakuman last night! :woohoo: Got a Kokushi Musou. Dealer yakuman too!

The records page lists your maximum fan count on a winning hand. Would love to push that above 13 now...