Moderator: Shirluban

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re:Mahjong Fight Club ...... English Guide

Post by Barticle » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:58 am

Just a couple of minor points...
iandstanley wrote:In play command buttons:
  • Red ......... Katakana / Command button (click on for commands like convert 4 drawn tiles to kong etc)
I think this could be listed simply as "Command button". The button text is ko-ma-n-do - just the English word transliterated into Japanese and given in the katakana script used for loanwords.

Also the ura dora option appears to be missing in the dora rules setting page image. :unsure:

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by iandstanley » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Poochy wrote:Here\'s my best attempt at the options screens. Also, I\'ll bold the default option.
many thanks
If I think it has unlockable options, I\'ll mark them with an asterisk. I\'ll list all the ones I have unlocked for them, but I don\'t know which ones are available initially, nor if I lack any.
I\'ll try and dig out a cheat to unlock everything over the weekend and see what opens up.

the initially available ones I can check on the simulator after deleting the savegame file

iandstanley
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by iandstanley » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Oops

I figured I managed to take a screen shot durign screen refereshes

.... add to my to do list

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 pm

I assumed it was something like that.

Hey, I made my second yakuman in the game! :laugh: It was only five quarter-games after the last one.

Yesterday morning I thought I´d have a quick game before I started work on translating the stats screens. There was a random double-orb bonus which meant that I´d get two orbs for winning, but lose two if I came fourth. And then I got ronned on a dealer Haneman... :blink:

But then I drew three dragon pairs at the start of a hand and made Dai San Gen - I won the game, got the two orbs plus another for making a yakuman. Whoop!

I´m up to Godan rank now and my game stats show me as making yakuman in 1.8% of my won hands. MFC is now my favourite MJ game! :lol:

The second yakuman unlocked three metallic tile sets but they make this awful clanging sound (like someone hammering a girder) and the red five Bams looks like a four. :S

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:09 pm

iandstanley wrote:From left to right ...
  • CHI (take the card from left player),
  • PONG (3 of a kind),
  • KAN (4 of a kind),
  • HE/RON (WIN) and
  • CI (next or donot want CHI, PONG, KAN)
Just having a quick look at this bit. I think some of these are probably Chinese readings.

For Japanese the Pong should be Pon.

The win option is Agari.

I translate the bottom (pass) option as literally "for next". My Japanese friend tells me that the correct reading is "Tsugi e".

Also depending on how you represent extended vowels you could give the first one as Chii.

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:17 am

As a minor note, the kanji on the \"agari\" button actually says \"hou\", as in Tenhou, Chiihou, and Renhou.

From left to right, with kanji in parentheses when they differ from the smaller text above them:
Chii / Pon / Kan / Agari (hou) / Tsugi e (tsugi)

I\'d translate \"tsugi e\" as \"to next\", as in \"proceed/go/continue to next\".

Also, the Command button gives you a different set of options, although the menu looks similar to the one you have pictured. The options are:

Reach (first of two kanji for \"riichi\") / Kan / Agari (hou) / Cancel (chuushi)

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Barticle wrote:BTW what is the correct Japanese reading of the "no calls" kanji? Is it "na ase", "na shou" or something else?
I´ve come to the conclusion that it´s just an abbreviation of "naki nashi" (without calls) so I´ll read it like that.

BTW I´ve recently been promoted up from Suzaku Hachidan and Suzaku Master in my game and am now a proud affiliate of Kouryuu, collecting his lovely golden orbs! B)

mannyhi1001
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by mannyhi1001 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:29 pm

Great info, this is going to help a lot :cheer:

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:46 pm

iandstanley wrote:Image

[*] 4 kan draw: Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru / Ryuukyoku nashi
[*] 4 identical winds discarded on first turn: Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru / Ryuukyoku nashi
[*] Kyuushuukyuuhai: Ryuukyoku oya nagare suru / Ryuukyoku nashi / Ryuukyoku oya nagare nashi
I was just looking at the abortive draw options (specifically the last three).

If the pic is showing the default settings then these should be given as oya nagare suru, oya nagare suru and oya nagare nashi (respectively). These are the same Fight Club rule-set options as the PS3 version.

sevenup
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by sevenup » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:24 pm

can\'t even imagine how you guys play mahjong without knowing the language!

Esp. mahjong, they tend to use more Kanji\'s. I admire you guys.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Re:Mahjong Fight Club ...... English Guide

Post by Barticle » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:27 pm

I've finally got around to loading the MFC DS game I bought back in August! Got a few comments on the options and rule settings...
iandstanley wrote:Table type* Standard table / Standard table - blue-grey color / Standard table - blue color / Standard table - grey color / Standard table - green color / Standard table - red color / Standard table - white color / Random / Simple / ??? / Plover / Genbu / Suzaku / Seiryuu / Byakko / Gold / Gradius / Akumajou Dracula (Castlevania) / Ganbare Goemon / Yie Ar Kung-Fu
"???" is Tatami - the standard-sized Japanese floor mat.

"Plover" (千鳥 - chidori) is actually, I think, a shortened form of the Japanese name for "houndstooth check" patterns (千鳥格子 - chidorigōshi).

(thanks to http://tangorin.com dictionary)
Tile color* Normal / Black tiles / Red tiles / Blue tiles / Yellow tiles / Random
(can\'t figure out how to change this ... I suspect it is a suboption from the option above
I can't change it either. I assume you need to unlock the other options through play.
Touch mark* Normal / Alignment (crosshairs) / Sakura / Footprint
There should be a fifth option here - Flower Circle (hanamaru).
Ura-dora: Ari / Nashi
Kan-dora: Ari / Nashi
That second option is actually Kan Ura (Dora), and obviously it's fixed Nashi when Ura Dora is set to Nashi.
Yakuman stacking: Ari / Nashi Turning to Nashi changes Kazoe yakuman to Nashi
I think you have this confused with the Dora options above. Stacking and counted are independent.

Bashoomba
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: Mahjong Fight Club ...... English Guide

Post by Bashoomba » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Hello, i have a copy of mfc ds, and am thoroughly confused setting it up. Once you hit start, it appears to take you to an options to select to different bars where you can enter in a name in Japanese or English. Once you enter anything into either of the bars it takes you to the region selection screen. Why are there two selections to enter in your name if you can only pick one and what difference does it make? Also on the region screen in addition to the listed regions there is an option in the top left corner which has a further two options. What are these?

Thanks for any help.

Bash

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Bashoomba wrote:Why are there two selections to enter in your name if you can only pick one and what difference does it make?
Hi Bash. The game has two separate save slots - so it can save the profiles of two different people. Just pick one and keep using the same one.
Also on the region screen in addition to the listed regions there is an option in the top left corner which has a further two options. What are these?
I had to puzzle over that too - the PS3 version doesn't have it and those lo-res kanji are hard to read! However, I made sense of it in the end. That corner option is Overseas. Great, so you can pick any country now...? Well, no - the only two options in there are Hong Kong and Taiwan!

This thread should cover most of the translations you need. I will be releasing my own guide too, but I won't be able to finish writing it until I've seen everything in the game so I'll need to complete the Dan ranks first. And get a yakuman! :shock:

If you do have any more questions post them here. Would be mutually beneficial since it helps me check that my guide contains all the answers anyone would hope to find there.

BTW I have to say that I'm very impressed with the game. Before I played it I didn't even realise it has the option to save up to sixteen individual hands to replay later. :D

Bart

PS I beat the mission mode last night. Yay me!

Bashoomba
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Bashoomba » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, your guide on the PS3 version gave me the push to buy it and pick up the DS one when i saw it. The PS3 guide is amazing, so I'm readily looking forward to the DS one. Thanks for the help!

Bash

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:35 pm

That's cool, glad you like the PS3 guide. :) The DS game has a lot in common with the PS3 version and there are many familiar faces, although I'm yet to cross swords with virtual Jenn or Garthe (since I'm mostly playing ranking matches where you only get an occasional guest appearance by one of the pros). I'm copying much of the content for the new guide from my PS3 one but there are so many little differences that I'm having to rework most of it.

I still need to devote more hours to playing the game too and I'm pushing for that yakuman! Just a little earlier I passed up an easy Honitsu, which evolved into an easy Honroutou, which evolved into... nothing. :lol: With just a little more luck it could've been Tsuuiisou (all honours)... *sigh*

BTW I heard some sad news for import gamers recently. The new Nintendo 3DS with its spooky 3D display will be region-locked, so you'll only be able to play Japanese games on a Japanese 3DS. :roll: