Mahjong Fight Club for Sony PS Vita

http://www.konami.jp/mfc/

Moderator: Shirluban

XFRod
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: Mahjong Fight Club for Sony PS Vita

Post by XFRod » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 am

Less than 48 hours till I'll finally have the Vita in hand and can play MFC. Japan has had a two month head start on me, time to grind my way up the rankings. Sidenote: The wife is grateful that the Vita is available the day AFTER Valentine's Day. :D

XFRod
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by XFRod » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 am

Happy to report, I did get my PS Vita and, have now played a few hours of MFC. Wow, so many things to dive into with it.. It's a bit overwhelming.. Although, I did figure out how to get into an offline match, some online function that pit me against the CPU until someone joined in. The two of us finished the game so, not sure if nobody else logged on or, it was just set up for two? Like I said, there are a TON of menu choices that lead into yet more menu choices. The Vita does have a screen capture function so, I'll try to get some time to snag some and, set them up here so we can try to figure out what's going on in the game. Hopefully, this will help Bart get started on a good FAQ for it.

Did find the option to play against the PRO AI opponents. Lot of fun although, I haven't figured out how to set which pros you play. Haven't bumped heads with Jenn, yet. :cry:

Hosting my weekly demo/teaching event at a local Chinese Garden tomorrow so, not sure when I'll be able to get those screen shots worked out. Soon, though. I promise.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Cool, sounds good. :) What are your impressions of the Vita generally - graphics, sound quality, controls, etc?

Dunno if I'd write a formal guide for a game I don't own, but we can certainly continue collating some useful resources here. Hopefully MFC will be compatible with the screenshot function. Will stay tuned for pics - no rush.

In previous MFC games the pro opponents were selected randomly, which is a pain if you've defeated 47 of them and you're waiting for that last remaining one!

XFRod
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by XFRod » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Grrrr. MFC doesn't allow screenshots. Here's a sample of a pic from my laptop's camera. Think it would be good enough to figure out some of the screens?

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Doh! Hmm, most of the text in the right-hand column is okay. Can guess the categories on the left!

Most kanji I can't recognise by shape so I need detail on the more complicated characters. I'm guessing the menu text should be fairly large though so this should be okay for that.

Referee
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Referee » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:29 pm

It reads:
Three (Yaku?)
Six Years
America
Three (something). // This one I'm at a loss
Snowboard +Something about a dog (Sleigh?)
Nashi

Maybe the Pictured One Herself knows more? :mrgreen:

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:50 pm

The first one is 3-dan - Jenn's JPML rank.

The fourth one is san shoku dōjun so I think the category is favourite yaku!

Wasn't sure on the second hobby/interest but is probably 愛犬 (pet dog). Luna if I remember rightly? :)

The final category would be major title wins. They used the same six categories in MFC PS3.

jenn
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jenn » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:21 am

You got them all Barticle!

If you want them from any other pro's, I can see all the screens from mine so I could sneak some images up here from my phone or ipod. Any requests?

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:03 am

It's not often you get a reply from an actual video-game character! :D

Since I don't have the game I'd be very interested to learn what the 背面タッチ and 倒してロン functions are (both mentioned in the trophy list).

The most helpful thing would be to get some good images of the main menus and maybe the options and stats screens. Hmm, might even be easier to just recreate some of these as text instead of pictures...

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Many thanks to Raziel_45 for providing a full set of screenshots from the in-game manual. 8) I'll post translations of random useful stuff here.

Would need images of the sub-menus to give a full breakdown of each section of options and stats.

Main Menu

個人対戦 = single-player
全国対戦 = online play

アドホック対戦 = ad hoc play
プレミアムサービス = premium service (requires Konami ID I think)

Single-player Menu

段位別対戦 = ranking match
プロCPU対戦 = match against JPML professionals
(then pick: 東風 = four-player east-only match -- 半荘 = four-player east-south match -- 三麻 = three-player match)

個人資料 = individual stats
オプション = options

Online Menu

リーグ = leagues (CIII < CII < CI < BII < BI < AII < AI)
グループ = groups
大会 = tournament
ショップ = shop

ランキング = ranking
サポート = support
個人資料 = individual stats
オプション = options

Individual Stats

基本 = basic
役分布 = yaku distribution
戦績 = match log
オーブ = orbs
勝星 = (should be the pro directory if it mirrors MFC PS3)
打ち筋 = (should be a more detailed breakdown of stats)
etc = miscellaneous (probably personal bests)
リーグ = leagues
大会 = tournament

Options Menu

対局画面 = game screen
サウンド = sound
卓 = table
対局補助 = play assistance
システム = system (背面タッチ = reverse touch -- 倒してロン = ron throwdown)
特殊演出 = special presentation
エキストラ = extra

(I think "reverse touch" refers to the rear touchpad's magnifier function and "ron throwdown" means tilting the Vita forward to declare a win and display your winning hand)

Rule Options

(see previous posts in this thread)

In-game Controls

buttons: O = select / confirm -- X = cancel / return / skip cursor to your new tile -- R = game menu -- Select = info menu

buttons/sidebar: Start = terminate -- Triangle (?) = view rules -- Square (?) = view points (plus two others but screenshot in manual is too small)

pop-up commands: チー = chii -- ポン = pon -- カン kan -- リーチ = riichi -- 次へ = skip -- アガリ = win

Fight Orbs (exchanged after a match, paid like uma)

Four-player east-only match: 1st +1 / 2nd 0 / 3rd 0 / 4th -1
Four-player east-south match: 1st +2 / 2nd +1 / 3rd -1 / 4th -2
Three-player match: 1st +1 / 2nd 0 / 3rd -1

Ratings

As I explained previously, you're given a rating out of 250 in each of these four categories (which correspond to the four gods). These are plotted on a graph and summed to give an overall rating out of 1000. You get trophies for hitting 800 and 900 (after you've played 50 matches).

1. 運 = luck (dora use)
2. 速 = quickness (average rate of winning hands)
3. 攻 = attack (average han per winning hand)
4. 防 = defence (payment rate - how often ronned)

Stormcannon1
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Stormcannon1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:06 pm

I recently got the game but upon starting it up it asks a few questions after asking for a username.
It's probably just personalization questions but could I get these translated?

http://imgur.com/6fFiAkZ,rAqxVzx,amInci ... HO,Qxos1Ru (Apologies for the phone pictures but the game doesn't allow the Vita to take screenshots of these menus.)

3-5 are all on the same menu but the options were scrolled through to display all of them.
Would greatly appreciate the help.

jase52476
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by jase52476 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 pm

I just got this game and I can't even get through the first screen :cry: I guess it's asking you a Yes/No question, then pops up an entry dialog.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Stormcannon1 wrote:I recently got the game but upon starting it up it asks a few questions after asking for a username.
It's probably just personalization questions but could I get these translated?

http://imgur.com/6fFiAkZ,rAqxVzx,amInci ... HO,Qxos1Ru (Apologies for the phone pictures but the game doesn't allow the Vita to take screenshots of these menus.)

3-5 are all on the same menu but the options were scrolled through to display all of them.
Would greatly appreciate the help.
In the first image says (more or less):

Region of Japan where you do belong. In wich area do you want to be registered? Please select one of these:

北海道/北京Hokkaido/Beijing(China). 関東 Kantô (Tôkyô and nearby cities). 中部/北陸 Chûbu/Regions at the West of Tôkyô (near the sea). 近畿 Kinki.

中国/四国 Chûgoku/Shikoku. 九州/沖縄 Kyûshû/Okinawa.

If you choose one of these you´ll need to chose a prefecture inside the region.There are a lot. The ones showed on the image number two are from the region of Hokkaidô(from left to right): Hokkaidô, Aomori, Iwate, Miyagi, Akita

Yamagata, and Fukushima.

Next you´ll be asked for your zodiac sign (this can be private).

おひつじ座 (牡羊座、Aries)

おうし座 (牡牛座、Taurus)

ふたご座 (双子座、Gemini)

かに座 (蟹座、Cancer)

しし座 (獅子座、Leo)

おとめ座 (乙女座、Virgo)

てんびん座 (天秤座、Libra)

さそり座 (蠍座、Scorpio)

いて座 (射手座、Sagittarius)

やぎ座 (山羊座、Capricornus)

みずがめ座 (水瓶座、Aquarius)

うお座 (魚座、Pisces)

The fourth and fifth images are asking your sex using simbols, those are related to each zodiac sign, and thus related to the previous image. Fourth, man. Fifth, woman. Again can be private.

The sixth is your character related to personal relations (this can be, again, private):

普通Normal.  頑固者 Stubborn. お祭り好き Likes japanese folk festivals. 負けず嫌い Hates to lose/Determined/Competitive/Sore Loser.

攻め好き Likes to be on the offensive/Likes to play offensively. 受け好きLikes to be on the defense/Likes to play defensively. 草食系 "Hervibore" type (those guys who don´t pursue girls actively). 肉食系 "Carnivore" (opposed to the previous).

せっかち Impatient/Hasty type おっとり Calm/Gentle/Quiet type.

The seventh is about jobs (can be private):

営業 Bussiness, Trade, Sales. 農林漁業 Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery. 労務作業 Manual Works. 研究開発 Research and Development.

フリーランス Freelance. 生産管理 Production Control. 流通 Distribution. サービス Services. 

事務 Office Work. 経営 Management/Administration. 学生 Student. 無職 Unemployed.

Sorry for this, it´s too long. But at least it helped me. I´m studying japanese right now.

Does not ask for your birthday?

If does should be like this: X 年(Year) X 月(Month) X 日(Day).
Last edited by Ignatius on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums, Storm. I hope you haven't been stuck on the set-up screens since you posted last week!

As usual in a MFC title you're required to select a prefecture to represent - this would be a lot clearer if there were little maps like in the PS3 version! On image 1 you pick one of six regions and then (e.g. image 2) you select a prefecture within that region.

The menu on image 3 wants you to pick a sign of the zodiac. Images 4 and 5 are the same as 3 but with international male and female symbols appended.

Image 6 is character selection, for example 頑固者 means "stubborn person", 負けず嫌い means "sore loser", せっかち means "hasty" and おっとり means "gently".

Image 7 is job selection, for example フリーランス is "freelance", サービス is "service", 流通 is "distribution" and 学生 is "student".

I guess these are displayed on your multiplayer profile?

EDIT: heh, you wait ages for an answer and two come along at once! :)

Stormcannon1
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Stormcannon1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Hehe, thanks for the answers! It's no problem since you can create a new profile, reanswer the questions, and start over from scratch (I didn't get far anyways).
I've actually lurked around for a while but didn't have anything to contribute to the forums (being new to Mahjong and such) so I didn't create an account until now.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

This game is great, btw. The graphics are really pretty and the deep system that tracks your records is pretty sweet.
Plus the AI isn't retarded. That's always a plus.

Edit: It didn't ask for my birthday, fyi.