Do you read Akagi manga book in Japanese

The place for video, sites, games replay, books, ...

Moderator: Shirluban

zzo38
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Do you read Akagi manga book in Japanese

Post by zzo38 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:58 am

Do you read Akagi manga book in the original Japanese? I purchase it from a store near where I live in Canada. If there is a word I do not understand I can look it up on WWWJDIC, but it is still possible to understand many things without necessarily knowing all of the words, knowing some of the words is enough if you know how to play mahjong.

KawamuraReo
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Do you read Akagi manga book in Japanese

Post by KawamuraReo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:24 pm

I\'ve read the manga and I\'ve seen the anime both in Japanese. It\'s extremely awesome and godlike.

gartheee
Mahjong Pro
Mahjong Pro

Post by gartheee » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:11 pm

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what people like about Akagi.

Incidentally, the story I liked, Risky Edge, finished last month so I don\'t really see any reason to buy Kindai Mahjong at the moment. Also, I discovered the possible reason I liked it so much. Well, I mean, I knew I liked it because I liked the Mahjong in the story, but I discovered the probable cause for that and it is..........Ara-san! He doesn\'t always appear in the credit for who writes it, in fact, I don\'t know where I saw it finally though I was originally informed by Kamimura. Ara-san is one of the living legends of Mahjong and maintained his place at the top of Renmei by pulling of some big wins at the end of last season to stay in A1. And he puts together a good mahjong story. I can\'t recommend it enough over Akagi and basically anything else in there.

Yttrasil
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Yttrasil » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Akagi is awesome, noone is better than Akagi... he is GOD, that\'s why it\'s awesome... he\'s just sooo much better/cooler/smarter than anyone else and it makes it different from all other stuff out there =)

Also Ara-san prolly Isn\'t availible in english right? geh if it was I\'d read it and all those other mahjong mangas out there in Japanese!

gartheee
Mahjong Pro
Mahjong Pro

Post by gartheee » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:50 pm

Yeah I doubt Risky Edge is translated into English at all. Which is a pity. It\'s only two books in total, which is also a pity. It\'s not cool Mahjong, just really good mahjong. By the way, by Ara-san, I mean Ara Masatoshi one of the most famous players in the Japan Professional Mahjong League. While he isn\'t the one credited on the front for writing the story, he seems to have at least been some kind of consultant and the high level of mahjong in the story is obviously his doing.

oxoboxo
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by oxoboxo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:13 am

It\'s all about Mukoubuchi :D That guy is ridiculously crazy