Yakuman

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

El Scorcho
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Yakuman

Post by El Scorcho » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:59 pm

I just got my first yakuman.

Kokushi Musou at a jansou near musashi-sakai, ten-go.

It was pretty intense.

Question to the floor: What was your first yakuman and under what circumstances did you agaru?

carl
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:Yakuman

Post by carl » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:08 am

congratulations! i\'m still waiting on my first kokushi. BTW theres another thread here called \"yakuman club\" with a bunch of posts of other members yakumans and what not.

Poochy
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Poochy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:32 am

My first yakuman was on Mahjong Fight Club DS, in the Pro CPU mode. My opening draw had 9 of the 13 tiles for Kokushimusou, so I decided to go for it. I ended up with a one-sided wait. My discards should\'ve made it painfully obvious to any human player that I was going for a Kokushimusou, but luckily for me, the MFC AI seems to be programmed to play mostly offensively (I suspect that it\'ll always go for a tenpai over a 1-shanten, even if it means discarding a dangerous tile), so I managed to ron the last tile from a CPU player pretty quickly after that.

zzo38
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by zzo38 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:50 pm

My first and only yakuman was on a Super Nintendo game, I made renho, with double riichi seven pair hand ippatsu.

KawamuraReo
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by KawamuraReo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:40 am

My first Yakuman... Was MFC DS, 2 years ago or something. It was a Daisangen >_>;; Which admittedly, is pretty easy.

Other Yakuman I had was Suuankou Tanki machi (I reached on it for some reason), Kokushimusou (Not sanshimen... that\'s crazy for me xD) and...

Well, I\'d talk about other limit hands I won but they don\'t necessarily follow Japanese Riichi Mahjong...

gartheee
Mahjong Pro
Mahjong Pro

Post by gartheee » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:43 pm

My first was my beloved 4 Concealed Triples (su-an-ko-) and it was also dora tanki machi. It was still pretty early in my mahjong experience, at a mahjong parlor but one that played only for fun, no money. I didn\'t realize I wouldn\'t get more points for having dora also. What a dork.

My first for money was also 4 Concealed Triples, at the girly Mahjong parlor next to my house in Takadanobaba. The girls were really impressed. Or else they were just trying to keep me there to get their money back.

oxoboxo
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by oxoboxo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:02 am

girls only parlor? on the yamanote? tell me more :P