It's time for What Would You Discard! (June 13th)

Discussions about the What Would You Discard/Do from the main page.
Your own WWYD are also welcome.

Moderator: Shirluban

TropicSmoothie
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

It's time for What Would You Discard! (June 13th)

Post by TropicSmoothie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Our apologies for not having made this topic earlier! Discuss away on what you think would be best to discard in the following situation!

Lucky Tile/Dora Indicator: 1-crak

Hand: 3-crak 4-crak 6-crak 7-crak 8-crak 9-crak 2-bam 3-bam 4-bam 5-bam 5-dot :north :north

Drawing: 5-dot

wyce
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:It's time for What Would You Discard! (June 13th)

Post by wyce » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:51 am

If this was my initial hand then i would discard the :norths first and then my 9-crak and shoot for a pinfu,tanyo, and possibly a dora. With riichi and tsumo it can easily turn into a mangan.

essnov
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re:It's time for What Would You Discard! (June 13th)

Post by essnov » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:35 pm

I\'d discard the 9-crak outright.

The hand stays at 1 shanten and once we pick up a 2-crak or 5-crak we can hold the shanpon-machi until we pick up a tile around the 5-dots. At that point I might call riichi depending on a few things... like if north is a guest wind, if we picked up the dora and etc. If north is our seat wind, I\'d discard them and aim for the tanpin like Wyce said, or just ron on them if speed is more important than points.

Ruro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:It's time for What Would You Discard! (June 13t

Post by Ruro » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:17 pm

9-crak or :north and go for tanyao and preferably pinfu maybe even riichi to get it more up by some luck. Also if i\'m east then i wont bother dropping the winds just going for a quick tenpai and then riichi is enough, and if i\'m not east but it\'s fairly late in this round then i would just do the same as mentioned above.Is it just me or anyone else got bothered by the fact the we don\'t know which turn it is and what seat are we at ? :P