Sites

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

chalwa
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re:Sites

Post by chalwa » Sun May 24, 2009 6:57 pm

I got account, but i cant play from home (those connection problems), so i didnt try it yet, but from my University I can connect, so as soon as i get notebook (can\'t instal client on univ PC...) i will try it, and write my feelings.

Ruro
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Ruro » Fri May 29, 2009 5:39 pm

It cost me 2 days but yea somehow i got janryumon to a working stage(it only works for me if i just a PacketiX VPN client) Nice game for sure, reaaally spectacular but there are some little problems what i must mention. The first is that you can only play 4 player games and there are only 2 option a half round (east only) and a hanchan and both has 4 red fives so you can\'t really choose the style you want to play. There is no replay option (and THATS a problem for sure). You got some playmoney like thingy that you can use for buying accessories for your hands but be aware that once you go down to 5000 you can\'t play (every game gives or takes from your playmoney but you an recharge it to 7000 if things go horribly wrong) In conclusion it\'s not the greatest mahjong game out there , and it;s fairly new so there are just a few players (around 1600 players), but i still like it, the effects and the hand animations are just great. So i you can it\'s definitely worth a try at least :) {sorry for this wall of text :P}

Tang
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Tang » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:54 pm

Is there a guide on how to work the Tenhou one?

D:

Spdwagon
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Spdwagon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:25 am

Tang wrote:Is there a guide on how to work the Tenhou one?

D:
You mean an English guide for tenhou.net?
If so, http://arcturus.su/tenhou/ is your friend.
Some of it needs updating, but its still useful.

Do tell though if by "the Tenhou one" you mean something else.

eyarukun
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by eyarukun » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:44 am

hi all, another place to play is http://www.mahjongexpress.com/download.shtml
Its free and you an play against real people or bots if u want. Even riichi version
But Its also relatively new so theres not that many people on usually. but try it out

Greedence
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Greedence » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:53 pm

I´m looking for a good(!) Online Richii Mahjong. Good in a way, that the tiles that you get are well shuffled. In my experience so far thats a big problem. You simply get starting hands, which are very unlikely.
(Yeah I know there is no real randomness on a Computer, but you get the idea)

Any ideas ?

How is www.pairon.jp ?

Torgo
Junior Reacher
Junior Reacher

Post by Torgo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:37 pm

I\'ve had really bad hands here!
http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.swf

They have a Japanese version too, and lists which hands they score.

York1jm
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: Sites

Post by York1jm » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:11 am

Just wanted to let you all know about one program I like to use, its called janrevo.
Here is the website for it: http://www.jan-revo.com/

It has very impressive graphics and also keeps a record of all your games, so you can re-watch them if you want.

It is completely in Japanese, so that could be problem. The other slight snag with it is, in order to view the Japanese and not to just have it appear as weird symbols, you do need to change your current language for non-unicode programs to Japanese. So whenever you install somethings, like for example from what I have seen so far, itunes or nero, they will appear completely in Japanese. So you just may want to change it back when you are not playing.

Just wanted to let you know about it, if you are interested later tonight I can make a post about how to make an account with janrevo and the buttons you need to know in order to use the game, for the people that don't know Japanese, but wanna play. It is a very good Mahjong game.

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:38 am

You should try AppLocale to run foreign programs.

It does wonders without changing the whole system setting.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

York1jm
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by York1jm » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:06 am

Okay that is interesting. I personally don't care that I had to change the codec, but my friend did not want to have it left in Japanese all the time. Does this also work with Vista? It says XP and 2003 down on the operating systems, just wondering if it would also work with Vista.

Shirluban

Post by Shirluban » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Yes, it works with Vista.
I think the download page date from before Vista was released, so the supported operating system are not up to date.
I can't say for Windows 7.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:38 am

In Janryuumon you can continue playing if you go below 5000 points because you can refill up to 5000 free. When you try to join a game when you´re with low points a window opens. I thin I remember there are two option, if I´m not wrong the left one is the correct. You´ll go to a web in wich you have to login, and then you have to click an orange button. This button say something as "free charge" in japanese.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.