Mahjong Dream Club

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: Mahjong Dream Club

Post by Ignatius » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:41 pm

mahjong Dream Club Trophy List:

Welcome to Mahjong Dream Club - Register at the dream mahjong parlour
Teach me Receptionist - Inspect the tutorial mode
Let´s exchange! - Exchange D(ream)P(oints) for a dream card
Shilouette - Change the player silhouette
Leave to me the Slot - Assign an opponent slot (choosing your opponents at random)
First step of winning - Get your first winning hand
Furikomunication - Do your first payment to another player. From the word Furikomi, in mahjong: You have to pay because you´ve been ronned (you discarded a winning tile for other player and he/she claimed it)
Lets do an extend game! (Renchan) - Get your first Renchan/Dealer Continuance
First experience of a Mangan - Get your first Mangan
First experience of a Haneman - Get your first Haneman
First experience of a Baiman - Get your first Baiman The "First experience" is not cumulative, you have to obtain each one separately
First experience of a Sanbaiman - Get your first Sanbaiman
First experience of a Yakuman - Get your first Yakuman
First experience of a Double Yakuman - Get your first double Yakuman
Hanchan debut - Complete your first Hanchan
Aim to the top! - Get your first game win - Become in first place once. This name come from an old 70´s tennis manga called Ace wo Nerae! (Aim for the Ace!)
I'm in hakoten, so what? - Become once in negative points
Just go... - Make other player to be in negative points
Congratulations! - WIn in competition (vs.) mode and see a blessing/celebration demo
First kiss - Win in support mode and get a kiss (Chooose 祝福のキス Shukufuku no Kisu (Blessing of the Kiss))
Breaking through nominations - Pass the qualifier for the dream crown ranking league
Coronation, king of dreams - Win the final of the dream crown ranking league
Debut completion - Compete against all characters at least once
She changed to a swimswit - Get a girl to wear a swimsuit (for a first time) :roll: Once you´ve changed it and came to main menu, you can change again the suit of the girl.
Online Debut - Play your first match in online mode

Secret Achievements:

Show all - Get your first Open Riichi
Riichi, Ippatsu! - Win with Ippatsu after Riichi. once you´ve done Riichi/Reach win in the following go around
I´m not shy anymore! - Play 10 times in online mode
No-ten master - Be without Tenpai in 10 drawn hands
Mastery of Tanyao - Win with Tanyao (All Simples) 10 times
Mastery of Pinfu - Win with Pinfu (All Sequences/Chi) 10 times
Mastery of Chii Toitsu - Win with Chii Toitsu (7 Pairs) 10 times
Mastery of San An Kô - Win with San An Kô (Three Occult Pon) 10 times
Mastery of Honitsu - Win with Honitsu (One Suit & Honors) 10 times
Mastery of Chinitsu - Win with Chinitsu (One Suit) 10 times
Mastery of Dai San Gen - Win with Dai San Gen (Big Three Dragons) 10 times!
Mastery of Sû An Kô - Win with Sû An Kô (Four Occult Pon) 10 times!
Mastery of Kokushi Musô - Win with Kokushi Musô (13 Orphans) 10 times!
Mastery of Sû Sûshii - Win with Dai Sûshii or Shô Sûshii (Four Winds, little or big, it doesn´t matter) 10 times!
Sure you like the Haku - Win with the white dragon tile 30 times
Sure you like the Hatsu - Win with the green dragon tile 30 times
Sure you like the Chun - Win with the red dragon tile 30 times
Riichi demon - Declare Riichi/Reach 100 times
Diligent student - Watch all the tutorial, completely, all sections and all terms
Yakitori humiliation - Get your first Yakitori penalty
Only my assistance girl - Make one specific girl your support 30 times.
The law of the perfect victory - Make all players (except you) become negative points on East first game 東一局!
Selling shop - Make all girls go negative points at least once

Master of mastery - Obtain all trophies

I do not have the game but in the web Barticle found, all trophies are listed now... So the merit goes for Barticle.
Last edited by Ignatius on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 am, edited 18 times in total.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Good work, thanks. I guess either the complete list has been publicised or some players must have been playing a LOT since the game's release yesterday to find these (and the cheat items must be pretty potent for those multiple yakuman wins).

XFRod
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by XFRod » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:15 pm

With the cheat options, this doesn't look too bad. Might actually be able to platinum this trophy list. Of course, the PS3 version is set for a 04/05 release date so, I won't get it until then.

Don't know if anyone caught this but, D3P put out another video. It's a long one, around 24mins. It has our creepy sunglasses and, face mask wearing character (seen in some of the vs. profile screens hosting four of the VO artists at some sort of play demo. I must say, there is a lot of game play in the video but, it's kinda creepy with this host guy and his "grabby, grabby" hands... I'll let you see for yourself. Plus, if you make it to the end of the video, the game demo ends and, it gets REALLY disturbing. So weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XgXNyGR_Mg

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks, I didn't check my YT feed for a few days so I missed that one.

The final section of the website has been revealed - it details the first set of free and (mostly) premium downloadable content available for the game.

The free bit is the "Darling Voice" feature that lets you pick a nickname which the girl/s will use when speaking to you.

You can pay to unlock various sporty silhouettes for your player or a number of Dream Card cheats.

XFRod
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by XFRod » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:26 am

Got the confirmation email from my Japanese importer. Game has been sent and, I should have it here sometime around mid-next week (04/10-04/12). Looking forward to it.

Also, I'd posted about this promo umbrella for MDC in Japan. Well, my import guy went to one of the local hostess clubs (just for me, I'm sure) and snatched me one. Since I import so much stuff with him, he's even sending it along with my next month's shipment of Kindai Mahjong magazines, FREE! w00t!

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Awaiting your first impressions! (game, not umbrella :P)

Also, the second DLC set will be available from Tuesday 17th - more silhouettes and cheat cards. Nothing free this time.

XFRod
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by XFRod » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 am

Okay, I've been playing the game for a full day. I don't have my notes in front of me (translating menus and, such) but, I did write a very quick, small review for it's page on Play-Asia. Here's that, cut & pasted...

----------
Lighthearted Mahjong
Note: I have a very basic knowledge of the Japanese language. However, I am very well familiar with the rules and strategies of riichi (Japanese mahjong).

While this is a Dream Club game, they do a good job of focusing more on the mahjong than the social interactions with the girls. Sure, you can change their outfits and, you might even get a kiss if you win for them but, it doesn't go much beyond that.

You can play against the girls or, play for one of the girl's honor. Either way, you'll earn DP that you can spend on "cheat" cards. You can play these cards during offline games and, although they don't guarantee you victory, they're very powerful. Thankfully, you can't use them in the online matches against other actual people.

If you're interested in mahjong, it's a great place to start. If you're a hardcore mahjong player, it's fun but, you'll want to stay away from the "cheat" cards. If you're looking for hostess club action, probably not the game for you.
----------

I'm about to watch a video with the wife but, I'll try and post something more detailed later tonight or, tomorrow. So, anything in particular you want to know about it? I've played it a LOT over the past 24 hours... So far, I've gotten 23 of the 50 trophies available. All bronze and, I'll go more into that in my next post.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:01 pm

There´s new DLC scheduled for may 1. It´s the third DLC. Three tables. All of them have the 12 hostesses and Uketsuke-san (receptionist) on the mat. The green one has normal mode girls. The other two, red and blue, has them in chibi mode, superdeformed. Every table comes with an unique style set of tiles.

Each table costs 300 yen in PSN.

XBOX360 Microsoft points: 240 each table.

http://www.d3p.co.jp/dreamclub_mahjong/ ... index.html
Last edited by Ignatius on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:10 pm

The tabletops are cute, but kinda distracting! The first tile-set is okay, but the other two... :?

By the way, PS3 owners might like to know about a Japanese adult visual-novel game that came out last month - it's called 真剣で私に恋しなさい! R (or "Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! R"); you might have encountered the anime adaptation which is known as "Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls!" in English. It includes a playable mahjong minigame - there are four small screenshots on the following page which show four-player Japanese mahjong with ten rule options.

http://minatostation.com/majikoi/summary/index.html

(I should mention that the site for the original PC version of the game has a few images that are strongly NSFW! :shock: You should be okay if you stay in the Minato Station domain though.)

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 pm

I´ve obtained, in support mode, the first Kiss. Using 祝福のキス Shukufuku no Kisu (Blessing of the Kiss). But there are two options more. 気分アゲアゲ Kibun Age Age (mood UP, UP), where the hostess try to cheer you up. And 愛の告白 Ai no Kokuhaku (Love Confession).

By the way, my PSN ID is: Spanish_Lamu

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm

I was playing on may 4th and it was Mari´s birthday so Uketsuke-san (receptionist) told me maybe something good will happen if I play with her as support or rival, I don´t remember. I did both things and i obtained 10,000 DP to spend. So I´m wondering when is the next birthday of a hostess of the Mahjong Dream Club.... Looks like the right thing is to play with her as support in online mode.
Last edited by Ignatius on Sat May 26, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat May 05, 2012 8:50 pm

I found a list of birthdays on the following page - just click the blue link to display the full list of thirteen girls/dates. The next one should be Rui in just five days' time, although you can often trick games with date-sensitive content by manually adjusting the date on your console settings. :wink:

http://www.pixiv.net/group/?id=1123

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Wow, that´s very cool. Thanks!

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:19 am

Over a year later I've finally got my hands on this game. It took me that long to find a cheap one - even a year after release pretty much everything on eBay is around UKP50 (US$80) or more. The Xbox 360 version is significantly cheaper but probably region-locked as discussed.

The presentation is pretty good. The 3D display includes the full wall and you can toggle between two views during play with the close-up option providing a decent table view plus you can turn off the player/score/wind indicators to give a nice, clean, authentic display (see example below). The other option lets you zoom and look around at the table (or your opponents) - you can't see the discards that clearly but each one is shown in a pop-up bubble for a couple of seconds after it hits the table. You can use a tile set with traditional markings without having to buy downloadable content. Animation on your opponents is okay except they skip abruptly between stances all the time and the coding on the hand movements is lazy. The animations slow the speed of play too, as does having to press a button to draw each of your tiles.
mdc-close.jpg
mdc-close.jpg (37.98 KiB) Viewed 15296 times
You can choose to play for one or two rounds and there's a further eight custom rules including yakitori and another which enables the following optional yaku: kanburi, shii-san puutaa, dai sharin, san & suu renkou, renhou and open riichi. There are several pages of stats including counts of each yaku and a comprehensive tutorial mode including a glossary of terminology, with all content presented with both text and speech (all Japanese), but somewhat lacking in illustrations. Without adding DLC there's about twenty cheat cards which you can purchase using in-game points but their use is optional. I've only been playing the basic free ranking matches so far but there's also a league mode, the support mode and online play (and the full set of PSN trophies listed previously) which should add greatly to the longevity. The screenshot function (see example above) is great for recording a memorable moment.

As you might expect, I'm writing a text guide for this game (if only for the sake of completeness as I've covered all the other retail disc mahjong games for the PS3). In answer to Rod's original question, I won't be sinking a huge amount of time into it (guides for obscure import games get way fewer hits than mainstream titles) but knowing me it'll still be reasonably comprehensive.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:17 pm

There are several pages of stats including counts of each yaku and a comprehensive tutorial mode including a glossary of terminology, with all content presented with both text and speech (all Japanese), but somewhat lacking in illustrations.
As I remember when you start with the yaku part in the tutorial,(or it was during actual gameplay going to the pause menu and selecting the Yaku explanation?), you can press square to see an example with tiles.

Also I recall Leage mode is harder than common versus or support games (I remember unlocking receptionist was a pain)... Even in japanese webs they recommended to stock cheat cards that make easy to obtain a Yakuman to beat her, and in the previous games before playing against her too.

In online games you cannot use cheat cards wich is cool, but nowadays is hard to play a game online, even being only 2 players and two AI´s.