Quick translation job? Tottemo E-Mahjong Plus

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Quick translation job? Tottemo E-Mahjong Plus

Post by Barticle » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Tottemo E-Mahjong Plus is a download-only mahjong game for the PS4. Nothing fancy, it's an update of a portable Playstation Vita game. It's releasing in Japan at the PS4 launch there (22 Feb) but it's available already from some of the PSN Asia stores online.

Could anyone help me please with translating the following trophy titles? I'd like to include reasonable translations in my guide and the kana density is too high for me!

1. お兄ちゃんのお嫁さんになっちゃうんだからね!
2. 後でがんがん個別指導するからな!
3. 貴方のことを末永く見守っておりますね
4. せ、先輩のことが…す、す…きゃっ///
5. キミはずっとあたしと一緒にいること~♪
6. 友達以上でもええんやで!…なんちゃって
7. いいのが出ましたね
10. 女性には博愛の精神を?

Full list here: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2332-%E ... 9%E3%81%99

Naturally anyone who helps will earn a credit in my forthcoming game guide. Thanks!

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Re: Quick translation job? Tottemo E-Mahjong Plus

Post by Ignatius » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:27 pm

1. お兄ちゃんのお嫁さんになっちゃうんだからね!Oniichan (reffered to a young man, not a brother) I`ll become your wife, you know!

2. 後でがんがん個別指導するからな! Later I`ll give an intense individual training!

3. 貴方のことを末永く見守っておりますね I will always watch over you.

4. せ、先輩のことが…す、す…きゃっ/// Senpai I like, like y... Ah///

5. キミはずっとあたしと一緒にいること~♪ You always be with me~♪

6. 友達以上でもええんやで!…なんちゃって Being more than friends is also okay! ... Just kidding.

7. いいのが出ましたね Something good came.

10. 女性には博愛の精神を?Women have a soul of philantrophy, you say?

I think, more or less, is this. I would lilke to polish this with the help of all the people here.

Later I`ll go for the full list.
Last edited by Ignatius on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:20 pm

1. お兄ちゃんのお嫁さんになっちゃうんだからね!Oniichan (reffered to a young man, not a brother) I`ll become your wife, you know! (Bronze).
「アーケード」で朝霧ましろを攻略した。 Playing Arcade you captured Asagiri Mashiro.

2. 後でがんがん個別指導するからな!Later I`ll give an intense individual training! (Bronze).
「アーケード」で中埜沙紀を攻略した。 Playing Arcade you captured Nakano Saki.

3. 貴方のことを末永く見守っておりますね I will always watch over you. (Bronze).
「アーケード」で西園寺葉月を攻略した。 Playing Arcade you captured Saionji Hatsuki.

4. せ、先輩のことが…す、す…きゃっ/// Senpai I like, like y... Ah/// (Bronze).
「アーケード」で椿野詩朱を攻略した。 Playing Arcade you captured Tsubakino Shizu.

5. キミはずっとあたしと一緒にいること~♪ You always be with me~♪ (Bronze).
「アーケード」で相坂ひかりを攻略した。 Playing Arcade you captured Aisaka Hikari.

6. 友達以上でもええんやで!…なんちゃって Being more than friends is also okay! ... Just kidding. (Bronze).
「アーケード」で新堂アリサを攻略した。 Playing Arcade you captured Shindō Arisa.

7. いいのが出ましたね Something good happened. (Bronze).
初めて福引きを回した。 You used The Lottery for the first time.

8. 秘密のお触り Secret Touch. (Bronze).
初めて対局中にお触りした。 For the fist time you touched somebody during a game (with the touchpad).

9. チャレンジマスター Challenge Master. (Silver).
「チャレンジ」のミッションをコンプリートした。 You completed the Challenge Missions.

10. 女性には博愛の精神を?Women have a soul of philantrophy, you say? (Silver).
「アーケード」ですべてのキャラで真エンディングに到達した。 You`ve reached the True Ending with every character in Arcade Mode.

11. 思い出の写真館(妄想有り) Memories of the Photo Studio (are a fantasies). (Silver).
「ギャラリー」のイラストをすべて集めた。 Collected all gallery illustrations.

12. マスターオブイーマージャン Master of E-Mahjong (Gold).
達成率が100%に達した。 You've reached the 100% of achievements.
Last edited by Ignatius on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:20 pm

That's fantastic, thank you. :) Much better than my efforts.

I was happy with the other four titles and the requirements - the "secret touch" involves using the new touchpad on the PS4 controller.

Given the nature of the unlockable anime girl pics I'm taking "妄想" (on #11) to be "fantasies".

I won't be finishing my guide for a few days so there's time for you/others to add polish.

Thanks again!

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Didn`t know the PS4 have a touchpad... (I do not own one and don`t plan to buy one, I`ll wait).

If the girl`s images are "spicy", "fantasies" are a better option.

I made the suggested fixes.

I think is ok. But if someone find better translations feel free to help.

Ozball
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Ozball » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm

The PS4 has a touch pad on it's controller, I don't remember the details about it though.

Also I took a very quick glance:

7. いいのが出ましたね - Might be better as "Something good happened" with the lottery context.

10. 博愛 - Could also mean Charity or Belevolence or even a (love for) humanity. so maybe 10 could be something like: "Women have a spirit of charity?" but depends a bit on the context of the story line as the achievement is in reference to the "true endings" of the story lines.

Will try and take a better look this evening, but for now I need to rush to work. XD
"Furiten is the most holiest!" - Garthe Nelson

Online Ranks
Tenhou Rating: Ozball - 1608 - 2nd dan

Old Ranks
MFC: オズボール - Seiryu (Blue Dragon) Master
MFC JPML Rank: 3rd kyu
Ron2 Rating: Ozball - 1335 League: Bronze

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:05 pm

Yeah, that choice with the lottery thing, is better.

But the other, depends on context, as you say.

Maybe Barticle could clarify this.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:01 am

Thanks Ozball, hope you weren't late!

The touchpad is about 2" x 1" and I'm yet to hear of a game making good use of it. So far all it does is make the controller more expensive and spoil the button layout!

You can win or buy lottery tickets, spin a tombola and get a prize - this could be one of fifteen cheat items, points to spend in the shop or a piece of a gallery image - so there could be a sense of "something good coming out" of it.

I can't follow the story - it's just pages of dialogue text and still images. There are six female characters in a school (four teenage students, one young teacher and the principal) and each has five chapters where you play against her and have to pass one or more conditions to win (these are simple pass/fail). I've completed all thirty chapters now (earlier this evening) but didn't get the trophy so I have no idea what the "genuine" or "true" endings might be...

Ozball
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Ozball » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:36 am

Nah I was fine :D

A couple more comments: (these will come in bits and pieces as and when I get some free time during the day)

1. The use of だからin this one is bugging me. だから usually means "so" or "therefore", though these don't always work as direct translations, and is usually used to provide a reason or something similar. I think the intended meaning might be something along the lines of: "Therefore I'll become your wife onichan." My guess is that that characters storyline ends up with you asking her to marry you or something and she gives some reason like "well someone has to take care of you or else you won't eat properly, so I'll become your wife ok?" With the last half of that being the achievement text. It's not really a question but there should be a rising inflection at the end because of the ね and a ? was the closest I could think of.

11. 有りis a kanji every Reach Mahjong player should know. The reading is ari as in ari/ari (as opposed to nashi/nashi) which is usually used to refer to whether red fives and one shot wins are in use (at least I think it was those two. :s Though it might be hidden Dora and kan dora). Anyways it generally means "to exist" (at the present time) so in 11 it could mean "including fantasies" if the main character had them and they add to the photo studio. Or just that the memories of the photo studio pictures are fantasies.

Will try and look at a few of the others later.

Online Ranks

Old Ranks

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:49 am

That だからね!is something that, usually tsundere anime girls, says. But not only tsunderes. Other anime girls could use it.

This means she's sure of what she's saying, and also she's probably mad at the main character (or the character she's talking to)...

Also when used in a sentence in negative, could mean the oposite of what she's saying. If it's that, she could be lying because she's embarrased. But this depends on context, of course.

The kanji 有 means not only "to exist", is also the verb "to be" applied to things. The fact that in mahjong means "exist" doesn't necessary mean that in the 11. case is the same. Or so I think.

Ozball
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Ozball » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:17 am

Ignatius wrote:That だからね!is something that, usually tsundere anime girls, says. But not only tsunderes. Other anime girls could use it.

This means she's sure of what she's saying, and also she's probably mad at the main character (or the character she's talking to)...

Also when used in a sentence in negative, could mean the oposite of what she's saying. If it's that, she could be lying because she's embarrased. But this depends on context, of course.

The kanji 有 means not only "to exist", is also the verb "to be" applied to things. The fact that in mahjong means "exist" doesn't necessary mean that in the 11. case is the same. Or so I think.
Sorry I worded the stuff on 11 badly. I was only intending to provide some general information on the kanji itself. I want meaning to suggest that because it is used that way in Mahjong that it would be used that way in this case, only that it was one possible meaning.

As for 1 I haven't watched much anime with standard tsundare in them so I can't really comment on that. But it does mean that the character's personality likely plays a large part in the meaning behind it.

I'd actually give this game a try if I could, but I don't have a PS4 and they don't come out here till Feb 22 as Barticles said.

Online Ranks

Old Ranks

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:42 am

Oh, I understand now.

"Unable to comprehend" problem resolved!

I also would like to try this game. Looks kinda weird but fun, like Mahjong Dream Club (PS3).

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Ozball wrote:11. 有りis a kanji every Reach Mahjong player should know. The reading is ari as in ari/ari (as opposed to nashi/nashi) which is usually used to refer to whether red fives and one shot wins are in use (at least I think it was those two. :s
I think the ari/ari rule-set is kuitan and atozuke but if a parlour used red fives it might cover that too.

I take ari to mean "with" in the same way that a dictionary lists nashi as "without", so in this case it would simply be "with fantasies" which makes sense (and that's what I had it as).

BTW I believe in parlour slang you can have your coffee "ari/ari" (with milk and sugar). :lol:
Ignatius wrote:I also would like to try this game. Looks kinda weird but fun, like Mahjong Dream Club (PS3).
It's a lot less sophisticated - basic graphics, about five rule options in free play and no stats.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:35 pm

11. 思い出の写真館(妄想
有り) Memories of the
Photo Studio (are a/with
fantasies).

Whatever you choose is fine. I think in this case is better "with". Looks like a better idea giving this a mahjong game. It's a pun with the terms of the game.

I don't care too much about graphics (I love DS's Gundam Mahjong +Z wich is not the best mahjong game out there but it has Gundam characters in it). I would like to play this Tottemo E-Mahjong + anyways.
Last edited by Ignatius on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:51 pm

I tought maybe to obtain the True Ending you need to win and lose specific matches, as players need to do in Blaz Blue franchise of fighting games, to obtain each character' ending...